Touching Spirits

Touching Spirits 017:

Chapter Seventeen
-Sidney-
We won our game, and I was happy about that, but it still bugged me. I knew I saw Isabella, I knew I saw her, and I didn't understand why she didn't want Geno to see her too. The guys wanted to go out and celebrate, but I didn't really want to. I was even surprised to see that Luka wasn't in my car when I came out after the game, I knew he was there.

I pulled into my driveway and into the garage. I did my normal routine of getting out, going inside, checking the alarm system and turning it on. This was a normal night, I opened the basement door to see if Luka was downstairs, he wasn't.

'...Wonder where he went?...' I thought as I closed the door and walked over towards the stairs.

I was heading in for the night, emotional and physically drained. I walked to my room and opened the door, something was off, my window was opened, I always had my window closed. I walked into the room and sniffed the air, they were covering their scent. I growled and then looked around the room.

"I know you're here," I said and then heard a smirk.

"You've gotten better."

I wiped my head around to come face to face with a fist coming at me. I quickly ducked and grabbed the arm and pulled it towards me. I felt her leg twirl behind mine and kick in the back of my knee, sending me to my knees.

"But I'm still better," she breathed as she pulled my hair and I was forced to look up to see that she was standing above me and looking down.

"Hello Izzy."

"Hi," she said as she let me go and I stood up and turned to face her.

"It really was you at the game tonight," I said and she nodded her head. I walked over towards her and wrapped my arms around her neck and pulled her into me, "I missed you."

"You look good, Sid," she said and I pulled away and looked at her.

She got taller, definitely toner, not to manly, but it looked good on her. Her hair was long and her face read that she was exhausted. My hand was on her neck and then I ran my fingers through her hair, "You let your hair grow."

She snorted and looked at me, "That's what you say first."

I smirked and then looked at her, "Where have you been?"

"Here, there, everywhere," she said and I frowned.

"Why did you leave?" I asked and she sighed and backed away from me, "We looked everywhere for you."

"I know, I saw the board in the basement," she said and I watched as she walked over towards the window, "I just wanted to see you. I missed you, but I don't think I should have came."

"No! Iz, don't leave!" I yelled and ran over towards her, grabbing her wrist, "Please. It's the first time in nearly six years."

She stared at me and then placed her hand on my cheek, "I was there a lot of the times, you just didn't see me. I was there when you won the Stanley, I was there for your concussion, when you hurt your ankle. I was there Sidney."

"Why did you hide?"

"Because, you weren't ready to see me," she said and I closed the window behind her and looked at her.

"I never wanted you to leave," I said and she sadly smiled.

"I know."

"You had us worried sick."

"I know."

"No, I don't think you do!" I yelled and she sighed and leaned against the wall.

"Trust me, I know," she said and I growled and slammed my hands against the wall on each side of her.

"You don't get it, Isabella! You had everyone who cared about you worried sick and you acted like your didn't care!"

"Of course I cared! My father was murdered, Sidney! My mother was murdered! Ryan was murdered! I wasn't exactly in the mood to listen to anyone tell me to calm down," she said and then I looked to see that her eyes had changed, "The only way I could get through this is if I found out who did this."

"Iz, you father died from his injuries," I said and she shook her head.

"He was murdered Sid, he was poisoned," she said and my eyes widened, "It was darkling venom, but there were not bite wounds, there was little hole in his neck, my guess is that they injected it there."

"You've been gone six years and only find that out!" I growled and she glared.

"No, that's not the only thing I found out," she hissed and looked at her, "I can't-"

We both heard car doors closing outside and looked out the window to see that some of my teammates were here. I cursed and looked back towards Isabella to see that she was going to try and run.

"Oh no you don't!" I growled and wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her back to me, "You're not hiding anywhere!"

"Sidney, let me go! They can't see me!" she yelled and I shook my head.

"Too bad, let's go! I'm not letting you run!" I said and heard my teammates enter the house.

"You let them have a key?"

"They're my teammates, of course," I answered and she sighed.

"Have you learned nothing? You don't know if they'll accidently loose-"

"Relax, Geno's the only one that has a key, he's probably with them," I said and I sighed, "You need to see Geno, you are his handler."

"I know," she said and then relaxed against my chest.

I heard my name being called from downstairs and she sighed. Our heads perked up when we heard someone running up the stairs and the bedroom door burst open.

“Iz.”

“Hello, Geno,” Isabella said and I smirked and let her go as Geno walked over.

“Sid say you here, I no see you.”

“I know,” she said and he walked into the room.

“I thought I smell you, I hurry up stairs,” he said as he wrapped his arms around her.

“My teddy bear,” she muttered and Geno and I smiled.

-Isabella-
‘…Cats outta the bag now…’

“What’s going on up here?” we heard and I pulled away from Geno to see that there were some guys in the doorway, “Oh, Sid’s got a girl over.”

“Shut it, Neal!” Sidney said and I stared at the three guys in the doorway.

‘…Human…’

“Boy she’s a looker,” another said and I sighed and rolled my eyes.

“Iz, this is James, Tyler and Kris,” Sidney said and I nodded my head towards them and they were smirking, “She’s off limits!”

They laughed and I saw them eyeing at me and Geno turned around and glared, “No touch, you stay far away!”

“Geno, come on! I’m hurt!” the one know as Tyler said and I scoffed.

“I’ll see you later, Sidney,” I said as I rubbed my hand on his arm, “Bye Geno.”

“Iz, wait!” Sidney yelled and I turned around and smiled towards me.

“I’ll be around,” I said and he sighed and nodded his head, “Nice meeting you boys.”

“Stay out of trouble, Izzy,” Geno said and I smirked and walked past the three boys in the hallway and I knew they were staring at me as I left.

I walked down the stairs and heard someone walk into the house. I sniffed the air and sighed and I knew my brother was behind me.

“Are you going to run?” he asked and I shook my head.

“There are three humans upstairs,” I muttered and turned my head to see Luka looking at me, “We need to talk.”

“I know,” he said and then walked passed me and led me down to the basement.