Touching Spirits

Touching Spirits 022:

Chapter Twenty Two
-Sidney-
"How long has she been out?" Luka asked and I sighed and looked at my watch.

"Almost two days," I said as I looked at Isabella, asleep on my bed, "I'm worried."

"I know," Luka said and I walked over towards the bed and placed my hand on her head.

"Any word on what happened?"

"Everyone's talking about Vlad's sudden disappearance," Luka said and I looked at him, "No one believes that Izzy is the one to kill him."

"Guess that means she's safe for now."

"She's not safe, she's never going to be safe," Luka breathed and I looked at him, "I've had my ear to the ground for a while now, they plan on killing whenever they get the chance to capture her."

"Why?"

"She's broke too many of the rules, and when the council finds out, because we both know that they will, they'll be sending special forcers after her," he said and I sighed and looked at Isabella.

I heard a car pull up and looked out the window to see that Geno was coming up to the house. He looked up and saw me and then grabbed his key from his pocket and I watched as he walked into the room.

"How's your team doing?" Luka asked as I walked back over to the bed.

"They had a headache when they woke up, but no one remembers a thing," I stated, still in shock that she was able to do that.

"Hey," Geno said as he walked into the room and looked at Isabella, "Nothing?"

"No," I said and then sighed and rubbed my face, "I don't know what to do."

"Nothing can do. Iz, over used her body, she rest now," Geno said as he sat on the end of the bed and looked at her, "Need hope that she wake up."

"You're right," I said and then yawned and rubbed my eyes.

"Get some sleep Sid, you look like shit," Luka said and I sighed and nodded my head.

I got out of the bed and then walked over towards the corner of the room, grabbed the cushioned chair and pulled it closer to the bed. I sat down on it and then kicked my feet onto the bed and got myself comfortable.

I must have been even more tired than I thought, because as soon as I closed my eyes, I was out.

-Luka-
"Ow my head," I heard as I stood by the window and turned around to see that Isabella was waking up.

"Izzy," I breathed and ran to her side and sat on the chair next to her bed, "How do you feel?"

"Like I was ran over by a bus," she said and I laughed a little and grabbed her hand, "Where am I?"

"Sid's place."

"Where is he?"

"Him and Geno had an away game in Washington, they'll be home tomorrow," I explained and she nodded her head and then started to get out of bed, "Where are you going?"

"I need to get away from here before they come back."

"Why?" I asked as I stood up and ran over towards the door, "We just got you back, Iz, I'm not losing you again!"

"You ALL are in danger!"

"Don't care, you're not leaving! You were out for almost four days! I'm not letting you leave!"

"Four days?!" she yelled and I nodded my head, "No one's come?"

"No, I've had my ear to the ground. They now suspect you for killing Vlad, but they're not sure, they didn't believe you to have that power."

"Well I didn't do it alone, you guys helped."

"But we didn't deliver the final blow," I said and she sighed, "We're not the ones who made a whole hockey team forget almost an hour of their lives."

"Oh yeah, how'd that go over?" she asked as she sat on the bed.

"Good, they just woke up with a headache, no questions," I said and she nodded her head.

"Good."

"Why don't you give Sid a call, I know he was really worried about you," I told her and then grabbed the home phone and handed it to her.

"What's his cell?" she asked and I took the phone back and dialed his number.

-Geno-
The game had ended, we won, and the team was in high spirits. We made our way back to the locker room and the first thing that Sidney had done was check his cell phone. He sighed and I shook my head and patted his shoulder.

"It be all right," I said and Sidney nodded his head and sat on the bench.

Everyone changed out of their gear and just as I was putting my shirt on, Sidney's phone went off. I snapped my head to the side and saw him staring at it. The team must have noticed it too, because they were looking at him.

"Aren't you gunna answer it?" Pascal asked and I looked to see that it was his home number.

"Izzy?" I asked and Sidney smirked and answered his phone.

"Hello?" he asked and then his face lit up, "You're awake!"

"Good," I breathed and then finished getting changed.

After everyone changed and was ready to go, we walked onto the bus that was going to take us to the hotel, and Sidney was still on the phone with Isabella. I smirked because this is the longest he's talked to her in a long time. He was telling her about the game, and some of the other guys were looking at him and wondering who he was talking to.

"All right, I'll talk to you later, Iz," he said and I looked up and saw the guys looking at him, "Are you going to be there when we get back?" he asked and then I heard him sigh and rub his face, "Because."

'...Come on, Izzy, don't run...' I thought as I saw the stressed out look on his face.

"All right, see you tomorrow," Sidney said with a smirk on his face, "Bye."

"Who's Iz?" Pascal asked as he turned around in the seat in front of him and I leaned forward in my seat and looked over at Sid.

"She's just a friend," he said and I smirked.

"Yeah right, you wouldn't have talked to her for almost an hour if she was just a friend," Cooke said as he sat up from his seat next to Pascal and turned to look at our Captain.

"Shut up," Sidney said and I smirked when I saw him blushing.

"You like her!" Cooke yelled and I laughed, "What does she look like?!"

'...Guess that whole wipe the memory really does work...' I thought as I realized that none of them remember her.

"Is she that girl that we saw at your house?" Tyler asked and I looked at him.

'...Forgot about that...'

"Yeah, you called her Izzy, damn she was hot!" Kris said and I sighed and sat back in my chair, "That was her, right?!"

Sidney said and then smirked, shaking his head, "Yeah that was Izzy."

"What's Izzy short for?"

"Isabella," I answered and the guys looked at me and I smirked towards Sidney.

“How did you know that, G?” Kunitz asked as the guys looked at me.

“She’s a friend,” I said and Sidney smirked towards me.

“So you introduced him to her?” Tanner Glass asked and I shook my head.

“It’s hard to explain,” Sidney said and I sighed.

“So, when do we get to meet her?” Pascal asked and I bit my tongue from laughing.

‘…If you only know…’