Touching Spirits

Touching Spirits 005:

Chapter Five
-Isabella-
“Has he changed yet?” I asked Luka and he shook his head, “Luka! He has two weeks until his season starts! He needs to shift into his spirit!”

“I know, I know, but he just doesn’t want to shift,” Luka said and I growled, “Izzy, I’ve tried everything I could think of! I even hurt him so that he would shift completely, but nothing!”

“Let me,” I muttered and then looked at my brother.

“What?”

“Let me help,” I said and Luka sighed.

“Izzy, he’s my responsibly, not yours,” Luka said and I shook my head.

“I’m only offering for the shifting part, noting else,” I said and Luka sighed, “Trust me, I’ll have him shifting fully before his season starts.”

“Izzy, if you hurt him-“

“He’ll be fine, Luka,” I said as I looked my brother in the eye, “I’ll make him shift.”

“Is the darkling problem really getting that bad?” Luka asked and I sighed and nodded my head, “All right,” he sighed and then looked at me, “You can help him shift.”

“Where is he?”

“Probably in his room,” Luka said and I turned around, “When will you start?”

“Now,” I said as I walked out of the room and headed out of that wing.

I headed towards the opposite side of the mansion and walked towards Sidney’s door. Today was supposed to be his day off, so he didn’t expect me to walk into his room and see him doing pushups on the floor.

“Knock much,” he said as he then stood up from his place on the ground and then wiped his face with a towel.

“You’re in my home, remember,” I stated and he looked at me.

“What are you doing?” he asked as he flung the towel over his shoulder.

“Get dressed.”

“Where are we going?”

“Just get dressed,” I stated as I walked into his room and sat on his bed.

“Can I help you?”

“Sidney, I’m not going to tell you again,” I stated as I took a deep breath and laid back on the bed.

“All right, all right, god you’re bossy,” he muttered as I heard him walk to his closet, “What should I wear?”

“Gym wear,” I said and then heard him closet the door to his bathroom, probably changing. I waited a few moments, and when the door opened I sat up to see Sidney in sweats and a t-shirt, “Let’s go.”

“Where?”

“Just follow me,” I muttered as I stood up and walked out of the room, hearing that he was following me.

As we headed towards the back, I grabbed the backpack that Luka had set up for me. I smirked, loving the fact that my brother knew me so well. Swinging the bag over my shoulder, I looked at Sidney and nudged my head for him to follow me, we walked outside and I started to show him the path into the woods. When I knew we were far enough into the woods, I threw the backpack onto the ground and turned to face Sidney, who was standing there looking utterly confused.

“What are we doing here?” he asked and I sighed.

“You have two weeks until your season starts,” I started and he nodded his head, “That means you have less than two weeks to shift into your spirit.”

“I don’t want to shift!”

“I don’t care, you don’t have a choice!” I growled and he glared at me.

“You’re not the boss of me!”

“I’ve been put responsible for you to learn to shift!” I said and he looked at me confused, “That means I’ve been placed as your temporary handler!” I walked over towards him and got in his face, “I ‘AM’ the boss of you.”

“Luka?”

“He can’t figure out why you won’t shift, so I’m here to fix this issue,” I said and then turned around and walked back over towards the backpack.

“I don’t have an issue!”

“You can’t shift! That’s an issue!” I yelled as I bent down and opened the bag and digging through it, “With the darkling population increasing we need-“

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, what the hell is a darkling?” he asked and my eyes widened and I snapped up and turned around.

“Are you serious?” I asked completely shocked that he doesn’t know his own kind’s worst enemy, “You don’t know what a darkling is?”

“No, what are they?”

“Were you freaking sheltered in Canada?! I know your father is the leader of the Eastern part, but come on!” I yelled as I walked over towards him, “Even your sister knows about them.”

“I was a little busy with other things to worry about shit like that,” he growled and I scoffed and shook my head.

“That’s right, your god damn hockey,” I threw my hands in the air and then walked over towards the bag and pulled out the bundle of rope.

“What’s that for?” he asked as he saw the rope.

I stood up and walked over towards him and then threw it on the ground and stood in front of him, “Training. You’re going to learn to shift, and then you’re going to learn about darklings.”

“I told you I don’t want to-“ I cut him off by giving a good right hook and landing it on his cheek.

He fell to the ground on his side and then slowly rolling onto his stomach and trying to stand. I walked over, after bending down to grab the rope, and picked him up by the back of his shirt and drug him over towards the tree. I put his back to the tree, grabbing one wrist and tying the rope to it.

“Stop!” he growled and I punched him in his stomach and then pushed him against the tree by pinning him by his throat.

I let him go, and he fell to his knees. I scoffed at how weak his was and then circled around the tree and picked him up again, grabbing his other wrist. I did another circle around the tree, this time placing the rope around his chest a few times.

“Why are you doing this?”

“Anger, among other ways, is an option on motivating your spirit to come out,” I explained as I stood in front of him with my arms crossed.

“This is not funny anymore,” he growled and glared at me, “Let me go!”

“This was never meant to be funny!” I hissed, and then punched him hard in his side and hearing a crack in his side, “That’s one rib.”

“Stop!” he cried and I backed up.

“You’ll heal,” I said and then punched him again, “That’s two. Better hurry up before something serious happens.”

“You bitch!” he growled as his head was bent over and he was breathing heavily.

“Thank you. Now shift,” I hissed and he picked his head up.

“No.”

I walked over towards him and picked his head up more by his hair and stared at him, “Don’t you understand! You are weak without fully shifting into your spirit! Your teammate is weak without fully shifting into his spirit!”

“Teammate?” he asked confused and I smirked and shook my head.

“You weren’t even able to sense that one of your teammates was a spirit,” I scoffed as I backed up and sighed, “You’re pathetic!”

“Who is it?”

“You can figure that out on your own!” I ground and then punched him again, but on his other side this time, “That’s three. You know you’ll heal faster if you shift. You might not even be healed in time for your practice tomorrow.”

“Stop it, Iz,” he coughed out and I growled and ran at him, my fingers around his throat and I smashed his head against the tree.

“Don’t call me that!” I hissed and knew that my spirit was leaking out because I felt my claws forming, “Luka’s the only one allowed to call me that!” I smashed his head against the tree again and then saw his head slump, he had just passed out.