Touching Spirits

Touching Spirits 007:

Chapter Seven
I woke up to find that it was morning and I was lying in the middle of the woods, naked, and cuddling with Sidney. My head was on his shoulder and he had an arm wrapped around me. I had one hand on his chest and the other arm tucked under my body. My one leg was tangled with his and I found myself in a predicament. I sighed and then sat up and looked around to see where we were, we were right where we started off. I smirked when I saw my clothes and then got up and walked over towards them, walking slowly and carefully not to wake Sidney up.

I grabbed my clothes and then walked behind the trees to change back into them. Once I had, I ran my fingers through my hair to try and get the leaves out, and knew that I was going to need an intense shower when I got back.

I walked around the tree to see that Sidney had rolled onto his stomach and had cross his arms using them as a pillow. I smirked and shook my head as I saw his bare butt and then bent down to pick up his clothes and then threw them at him.

He jumped up and looked around completely confused and then looked up and saw me looking at him, “Get up, we need to head back.”

“All right,” he said and I turned around and walked over towards the tree and climbed up it.

I climbed to the top and saw the tip of the mansion, it wasn’t too far off. I didn’t know what time it was, but it was just after sun rise. I jumped down from the tree to see Sidney throwing his shirt on and then bending down to stick his sneakers on his feet.

“I need a shower,” he said and I nodded my head, “What happened?”

“You shifted,” I answered and he looked at me.

“Why can’t I remember?”

“It’s common for a first timer to not remember what had gone on during their first shift,” I explained as I grabbed the backpack and nudged me head for him to follow me, “We just ran around the woods all night.”

“Oh,” was all he said and then followed me, “So I’m cleared for hockey since I shifted?”

“Yes,” I answered as I looked into the sky to see an eagle flying towards us, “Hold up.”

“What is it?” Sidney asked as I held out my arm and the eagle landed on my arm, and I flinched a little as his claws dug into my skin.

I saw an envelope stuck in his beak and I grabbed it and opened it to see that it was from Luka asking if we were all right. I smirked and then saw that there was a piece of chalk in it and I moved the bird to my shoulder, flinching again because of the claws, as I walked over towards the tree and replied that I would be back within the hour. I handed the note back to the eagle and he flew off back to the mansion.

“What was that?” Sidney asked as he saw that my arm was bleeding from the claws.

“Just Luka sending a spirit asking if we were all right,” I answered as I left my arm alone and started to walk again.

“That was a spirit?” he asked and I looked back towards him.

“You really don’t know about your own kind, do you?”

“I was always interested in hockey and nothing else,” he said and I sighed, shaking my head and continuing my way back home.

“Have Luka explain everything to you. My time as your handler is finished,” I explained and looked back towards him to see me looking at me, “Let’s go.”

-Sidney-
We made it back to the mansion and Luka was waiting for us at the entrance of the woods. He smirked when he saw our dirt covered faces and figured out that I had shifted.

“How did you do it?” he asked while looking at me.

“She seduced me,” I answered as I walked passed him, heading back towards the house.

I was tired and sore, I wanted a long nap and a shower. I had practice tonight and then in two days was the beginning of our season. Our game was a home game against the Panthers and I knew that I was ready for it.

I walked into my room and immediately walked into the bathroom, getting undressed and jumping into the shower, trying to remember what had happened during my time as a wolf.

“What happened?” I asked as I bent down in the shower and then sat on the floor, allowing he water to his my head.

-Isabella-
“You slept with him?” Luka asked as he followed me into my room.

“No I didn’t sleep with him,” I growled as I threw the bag onto the ground, “I coaxed his spirit to come out through the emotion of lust.”

“Oh,” was all the Luka replied as I walked over towards my closet, “How was he?”

“Eh, he was a decent kisser, I’ve had better-“

“I meant shifting!” Luka said and I heard him snort.

“Oh, oops,” I said and then peaked out behind the door to see Luka smirking, “Shut up, it’s not like that!”

“Uh huh,” he said and then sat on my bed, “You like him don’t you?”

“I never ‘not’ liked him,” I said as I grabbed another pair of jeans and t-shirt, “I just grew very frustrated towards him because he didn’t shift.

“That’s not the kind of like I’m talking about,” he stated and I shook my head and threw my jeans at his face.

“I don’t like him like that! Shut up!” I growled and Luka laughed and I walked into my bathroom.

“So how was his shifting? What does he look like?” Luka asked and I turned the water on in the shower.

“It was a rough shift, then again, the first ones usually are,” I said and heard Luka scoff, remembering that his first time was horribly painful, “But he’s black.”

“What?” Luka asked and I stuck my head out of the bathroom and leaned against the wall.

“His fur, it’s all black,” I answered and Luka looked like his was thinking, “What?”

“Don’t know, other than you, I’ve never seen another wolf that was a solid color,” he said and I nodded my head, “Maybe its destiny.”

“Shut up!” I yelled and then walked into the room, undressed and then sat in the tub, leaning back and relaxing.

“What did you do all night?” Luka asked from the other room.

“We just ran around the woods all night, I showed him how much fun it can be,” I said as I leaned my head back and breathed out a sigh of relaxation.

“I’ll let you go and enjoy yourself,” Luka laughed and I smirked.

“Oh, hey, Luka!”

“Yeah.”

“You need to teach him about the spirits! He doesn’t know anything!” I said and then heard Luka mutter a ‘what’, “He doesn’t know anything about darklings too!”

“How?”

“Don’t know, but he needs to learn.”

“All right, I’ll get him all caught up,” Luka said and then I sighed, “You sure that you’re younger than me?”

“Only with age, big brother,” I said and he scoffed, “Mentally, I’m a few years passed you.”

“Dork,” he said and I smirked and heard him leave the room.

I picked up my arm from the water and saw that the scratches from the eagle landing on my arm were healing nicely and then I brought my fingers up to my shoulder to see that the scratches on my shoulder were already gone.

I laid in the tub thinking about last night and remembering what I had to do to get him to shift. I felt my face grow hot and then I tried to shake it off, telling myself that I had no feelings towards the guy. I growled and then took a deep breath and brought my whole body underwater and listened to everything around me being muffled.

I stayed in the water until it was dirty. I then stood up and finished cleaning my body with a shower, making sure that I cleaned my hair well, because it did have a lot of dirt and leaves in it.

Once I finished in the bathroom, I changed into shorts and an oversized t-shirt and climbed into bed to get some sleep. I growled when I saw that my curtains were opened and letting the sunlight into my room.

“Son of a bitch,” I growled as I climbed out of bed and made my way over towards the windows and closing the curtains, “Better.”

I walked back over towards my bed and then climbed back in it and collapsed onto my pillow, falling asleep instantly.