Status: Hi guys this is my first story on here, so I hope you enjoy it (: Comment please!

Roseus Papilo (Red Butterfly)

Chapter 1

I heard stories about girls getting kidnapped around the building I go by every day from school. I had never really thought about anything about it until one of my friends was found butchered in an alley. The funeral was today and I didn't have the nerve to go up to the casket. It was a closed casket funeral, thank God; I couldn’t get her face out of my head of when I identified the body. You see we were roommates at college; she had no family in the area...so they had to get the next best thing. They asked me plenty of questions like "Where were you at 1 PM on July 2nd?" or "Did she seem odd around you?" Stuff like that. I don't know for sure why they asked me these things; did they really think I would do something like that to my friend? How stupid.

As I sit in the back of the funeral home, the family of the newly found corpse had finally arrived to see their daughter. Her mom walked in, touched the casket, and then walked away like it was a disease she could catch. What a pitiful family, she told me about them once and that was it. She told me how her mother would just stand there and watch as her step dad hit her with a broom stick over and over again. I wanted so badly to punch them both the face for even having come here. Maybe it was some kind of gesture that she really cared for her daughter. What a fucking lie that is. I was more of a family member then they were...damn I just can't stand those morons. They shouldn't have even come here today, they have no right.

Maybe I'm just biased.

I have no family to even complain about like that, I was left alone in an alleyway just like she was. But at least I was alive when my biological mother wrapped me in a blanket and just left me there. Those people who murdered my friend, well let’s just say I have a great deal of anger against them...to my mother, I could probably understand if I knew the full story. I'm just not in my right mind at this moment, too much on my mind.

The next day I couldn't really get up out of bed, not because I was tired, because I didn't sleep a wink last night thinking about her. How unfair it was, but maybe this was her way out. I knew she would be smiling though, even if she was beaten, even if she was hurt. She would just keep on smiling, what a dumb girl; even I'm not that thick. She told me once that she had forgiven her step father for what he was doing a long time ago. I was so mad I couldn't even stand. I wasn't mad that she forgave him, I was mad that she still let it happen. Every time she had to go home, her step dad would get drunk and start hitting her. Like I said before, what a pitiful family.

When I got up out of bed I looked at my phone out of habit to see if she called, or texted me. But it was just filled up with memories, all lost now. I feel like I'm talking about a lover, with the way I talk about her. But no, she was the only person I talked to...You see I'm very unsociable. I'm just afraid they will just leave me too. But not her, no not ever her. She wouldn't leave me.....not until someone took her away from me.

The shower didn't even feel good to my skin, it felt like cold ice stabbing me in the chest. My long crimson hair just looked like blood raining down my face. It was painful to look at anymore. I wouldn't cry about this I know I wouldn't, I don't cry....showing tears is a sign of compassion. I only had hatred in my heart right now. When I look into the mirror my fierce hazel eyes shuttered with intensity. As pale as my skin was, it's even paler now...caused by the fear running through my veins. But I didn't show it....that would make me weak. That is not an option, for me at least.

That day I walked. I walked a lot. When I finally got the courage to go by that building....I ran towards it. I had reached my destination when I saw two guys dressed in all black were just standing there....waiting. The look in their eyes made me believe they were just waiting for me to arrive. I guess they had seen me walking with her many times before, and after they got rid of her, they had to get me too. I don't know why I didn't run; I might have wanted to get caught. If they can take me out of this world like they did her, I would be alright. But they didn't, they put me in a van alongside many of other girls. All looked scared out of their minds. I just looked straight ahead; I knew what was to happen next. One of the guys came in; he put some kind of gas in the van that made all of us go to sleep. It had to be sleeping gas. I slowly fell asleep....

I woke up drowsy, I had been given drugs. I could feel them coursing through my veins because I couldn't move. My eyes cleared up, they had been blurry from the drugs. Looking around me, all I seen was the bodies of the girls I had been brought here with. I couldn't tell if they were alive or not, and I couldn't even check because I have been tied down to some weird chair.

"Ahhh I see we have a live one" Some man came into the room wearing a doctors mask. He had glasses and bright blonde hair. "Do you feel it yet young miss?"

"What the hell are you talking about?" After I said that the drugs in my system must have left, because an unbearable pain fluctuated on my back. "Esshhhhhh what did you do to me!?"

"Do you want to see?!" The man grabbed my hair and kissed it. "Well of course you do."

I hadn't even noticed I didn't have my shirt on until this evil man untied me, only to drag me by my hair to the mirror.
"Stand up!! Now! And take a look at my masterpiece!" He laughed as I stood up, legs shaking. In the mirror was a girl I didn't know...bruises everywhere, unkept hair, dirt all over my body and a butterfly....a red butterfly tattooed on my back. It hurt; I had gotten a tattoo before on my wrist. It didn't hurt like this.

"Why did you do this?" Of course I knew why he did it, he was crazy, and that’s why.

"That's no regular tattoo you are looking at my dear. I know that is what you're thinking right. Its way more painful than a regular tattoo, isn't it? You see...” He trailed off while racing his fingers across my bare back. "..This is an extraordinary tattoo, the only one of its kind. The others were just complete rip-offs compared to this one. You were the only one that survived the process of the injection. You are very lucky young lady."

"I have no idea what you are talking about, you crazy fuck! Why did you kill all of these innocent women??" I was getting impatient.

"Whoa whoa now I've been looking for you Roseus Papilo...is this how you treat your savior?"

"My savior?? You could've killed me! And how the fuck do you know that name!?!"

"Now now, calm down my little butterfly..."

Before he could utter anymore nonsense I spit in his face and tried to run away. But instead of getting away, I got caught by his guards. He told them not to kill me, but to beat me until I was almost dead. Like that mattered I felt like dying anyways, so let them. The pain of them beating me wasn't all that bad, but the pain from my back was starting to run into my head. Like a massive headache or something, but it hurt worse than them whipping me over and over again. By the time they were done I had already started to lose consciousness. I laid there what seemed like days. I was in the middle of some jungle; those guys threw me into a cage like an animal with no water, nor any food. So I just laid there waiting to die...

I guess it wasn't meant for me to die, not yet anyways. I could hardly see, but someone had picked me up, I couldn't see their face though. I wasn't even embarrassed about being half naked in front of someone that was a stranger to me. Why would I? I was on the brink of death, all I cared about was when can I get a drink of water, or even a bite to eat.
I was fading in and out, the next thing I know this stranger was feeding me water little by little through a straw. He was smart I could tell any dumb person that comes up to someone who is half dead and hadn't drunk or eaten something in a while would probably make them chug the water. That's not how you do it; they would get so sick and throw everything up. But no this stranger knew what they were doing.

Pain was my friend at the moment so it didn't want to leave my side. Every time the stranger moved me pain shot through me like a bullet. They would try to ease the pain by giving me some kind of pills, but the pain wouldn't stop. Not until maybe the 5th day? I'm not exactly sure, I wasn't keeping track of days. All I knew was I was quickly recovering and I didn't know why. After all the beatings I got from those guys I should have been in the hospital, maybe even dead by now. Maybe that was the power that doctor was talking about? Who knows?

That so called 5th day wasn't a walk in the park either though, but I finally had the strength enough to keep my eyes open longer than a few seconds. I had bandages all over my body, especially all around my torso; even my breasts were wrapped up. I did have some pants on that clearly weren’t mine because of how big they were…it was probably the strangers’ doing. On top of me was a jacket covering up my unclothed body, I decided to put that on so I didn’t feel naked. There was a cloth beside me made for covering my head and face so I knew that we would have to leave this place soon and he was getting ready for it too. But the stranger wasn't there, it seemed odd. But how would I know the daily schedule of that stranger, he could be doing anything. I shouldn't even worry.

Around me I could see trees, but not the same ones you see in the jungle. This was an oasis; you know the ones the find in the middle of the desert. Oh great, first I was in an evil fucks lair, then in the jungle, and now I'm in the middle of a desert. This is wonderful. But at least the pain has succumbed a bit. But I couldn't move that well yet, I could sit up just a little before the pain kicked my ass again. So I decided to just stay exactly where I was.

A few hours later the stranger came back. Didn't talk, didn't even look at me. I never really thought about what a person looked like until now, he had a mysterious feeling about him that made me want to see more. I knew it was a guy from the way he walked, his tall stature gave it away immediately though. Unless it was a super tall, masculine girl but I highly doubt that. I noticed the way he sat down was peculiar, the way his long legs stretched out on the ground. What was weird about it was that it looked almost as if he wasn’t resting more like he was listening. While he was lying on the ground, with his arms tucked behind his head I wanted so badly to pull his hood off to at least see his eyes. But I couldn’t move very well and I believe if I did that he might attack me, so I should just keep imagining. He was dressed in a dark blue scarf wrapped around his throat to cover the bottom part of his face, the black hood covering his eyes so people couldn’t see them, he also wore a type of clothing that you would only find in stories you could say that he looked like a ninja, but really? I couldn’t really describe him as anything else though so that’s what I shall stick with. He also had a long katana sheathed beside him not taking his hand off of it. I pretty sure he had more weapons than that on him, but that was the only one in sight.

"Can I ask you something?” I couldn’t stand the silence anymore. It was just making my ears ring, or a constant buzzing noise. He didn’t answer me at all; he must be really smug that or he can’t talk. How annoying. “Can you even talk, or is it you are ignoring me?” No answer yet again.

“We’re going to have to leave this place soon so gather your strength.” He actually spoke that was a nice surprise. I thought his voice would sound rough and harsh; it was more gentle and soft like a child.

“But I still can’t move that much.” He didn’t speak. So I tried to gather as much strength as I could and stand up. The pain was still there but not as bad as it was when the drugs gave away in the hospital or where ever I was when that crazy blonde haired dude gave me this marking. The stranger gave me pain medicine and some more water to ease the discomfort, it didn’t help much but I could handle it.
Once everything was settled and in place like water and all that we left this sanctuary and into the blistering heat infested desert. He carried most of the supplies, I could only carry some things. I felt almost useless to him, even though I just met this guy I wanted to help even just a little; he did help me after all.

The sand and heat was intolerable, I wasn’t as strong as he was, so he probably was going through this with ease, lucky bastard. I could hardly see anything in front of me, so I decided to grab onto the back of his shirt…Bad idea. He flipped me over onto my back with one smooth movement. He started to breath hard as he stared down at me.

“Don’t do that!” He said backing off from me.

He didn’t like to be touched, I see now. I won’t be doing that again, it did anger me that he threw me on the ground hard. But something must have happened to him. Well that’s what I think at least, wait. His eyes…I could finally see them from underneath the hood, the first thing I seen was the long eye lashes sweeping across his cheeks. But was really shocking were his icy cold blue eyes, they also had a hint of gray in them… I could see something else when looking into his eyes, pain? No it was a frightened little boy. He had been hurt in the past, I could tell just by looking. The saddened gaze that was always on my face was just a mirrored reflection on his. How could such beautiful eyes be in so much sorrowful pain? It was a shame.

“Why are you just lying there come on we have to hurry into the next town before the sand storm hits.” He uttered as he started treading in front of me…he didn’t even lend me a hand. I guess that’s to be expected though. I didn’t blame him for being so cold to a stranger.
Time past quickly as we were trailing along the sea of sand. I knew that I shouldn’t speak because of the incident that happened earlier but this not talking thing was getting quite old. I was just getting tired from all the walking my eyes were getting heavy and my legs just wouldn’t move, so of course what would anybody do if their legs were tired….I dropped to the ground not able to move another inch, I tried to pick myself up but, my legs weren’t strong enough. He probably heard me drop because he looked back at me, he must’ve rolled his eyes at me because all I heard from his mouth was a long, ominous sigh. He scooped me up with just one arm, I felt tiny in his arms. I mean I wasn’t very tall in the first place, in his arms I felt more like a child. I hated it him touching me so freely and I couldn’t even grab onto his shirt for mere guidance. It made me furious just thinking about it.

What felt like days of walking, turned out to only be but a few hours. I was embarrassed thinking about it because my body was in poor health from being beaten. I worked out regularly I just couldn’t handle the heat out in this desert. He put me down as we finally stopped at some town that seemed to be abandoned from the way it looked from here but as we got closer people were actually there. It somehow amazed me how such a tiny town could make it out here in this horrendous desert; they probably didn’t have many customers.

As we walked the people gazes followed us, they knew we were outsiders. I really didn’t pay much attention to them though. I pretty mainly just looked ahead to what was in front of me like I always aimed to do. The stranger stopped to check us in a hotel, I kind of wondered where he got the money from to pay for the room. But I should mind my own business.

Once he did that he gave me a key to the room and told me to clean up while he talked to the townspeople about the area. He didn’t seem all that excited about talking to people. So I listened to him and went into the room to take a long hot bath. The pain had surfaced a little at a time when I slipped into the bath but I didn’t care I wanted to get the blood and grime off of me. The stinging sensation in my back started back up again so I forced myself to scrub it until it was free of dirt and blood. It didn’t stop there though the pain rose into my head like a headache, but worse.

I heard the door close but the footsteps were silent, I could only hear the door open and shut. The stranger had come I knew this because of his silence. I hurried out of the bath and got dressed in what little I had. Before leaving the bathroom I see myself in the mirror, I’m completely repulsive with scars all over my body. I tell myself it’s only a reflection and what I’m seeing is only a dream. But then I look again, and see they are still lingering on my body like an infection. I cover them up with the clothes I had left from our journey through the desert. I slowly tiptoed out of the bathroom, he was facing the opposite wall so he didn’t see me come out, but I’m pretty sure he heard me I don’t have such silent footsteps like him. The stranger was taking off his shirt gently like he was in agony, as the shirt crept up his back scars upon scars started to show. Some of them were fairly new so I guess he is still in pain, he keeps his composure very well. I was slightly stunned on this newly hidden truth I uncovered, so I gasped in shock. It wasn’t that I was afraid it was like I was seeing myself in the mirror again.I looked him up and down to figure out his body to my surprise he had a tattoo on his forearm of a reddish looking wolf, he looked lonely just like Jun did.

He turned around knowing I was behind him so he didn’t rush. I was too worried about his back that I didn’t even notice he had taken off his hood and face mask. To my surprise he was quite a good looking guy, I thought scars would make a person ugly but not him. His hair was unevenly cut just below his ears, it was messy like he had just got done playing with it. The color was odd it was reddish, not I mine. His was darker like a burnt red color, it was amazing to look at. I thought it suited him perfectly. He didn’t say anything, only stared into my eyes for a brief second before he swiftly walked past me and into the bathroom. He was as cold as his eyes were…
As he was taking a shower I thought it was a good idea to look around the room for something to do, when I walked past the window I seen them. The men in black suits, they were looking for something. It was probably me, what am I supposed to do? I want to run away but I can’t run around in this desert I would probably pass out before long. I look through though window again and notice one with a whip on his side. Was he the one who whipped me so badly? What an awful man. The stranger finally came out of the bathroom fully clothed except for the mask and hood, he was wiping his hair dry with a towel. He had seen me with a panicked face and came walking over to the window where I was standing.

“Go hide behind the beds, sooner or later they will figure out we are here. I will handle it.” I was a bit confused on what he was thinking but I did what he said. I wasn’t going to go against his words when things are so serious. But with him everything is serious so I guess I always do what he says. For now at least. Until we get somewhere safe then we can go our separate ways, whenever that would be I’m not sure.

He readied himself for the attack he knew was coming by hiding his face with the hood and mask, he also picked his weapons up. The next thing we know the suited guys come busting through the door. The stranger grabbed one by the arm and slung him on top of the bed, followed by him stabbing him in the heart with his katana. The sight of blood made me shiver right down to my bones, it reminded me of her butchered up body in the body bag.

After he killed one guy the others were quick to follow, there was blood flying everywhere. I was too busy watching the stranger to make sure nothing happened to him to notice one of the guys had snuck passed him. A whip latched itself to my throat, pulling me forward. I couldn’t fight back because the whip was choking me. It was him, the guy who nearly killed me back in the jungle. I could sense it in his death stare, he had cold black eyes. The kind that only the devil himself would have, if only he were human. He grabbed me by my arm, with the whip still wrapped tightly around my neck. I couldn’t move from his grip. The stranger hurriedly finished off the rest of the guys before seeing the trouble I was in. I couldn’t have yelled for help, what good would that do? This devilish guy behind me would only pull tighter on the whip for me to stop screaming.

“Ah Jun nice to see you again. How are things?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh I hope you guys seriously like this (:
Comment please ((: