Sequel: Thick and Thin
Status: soooo i've written fan fic before, but not in a while so bare with me.

So Far Away.

The Usual Life of Alex Tubb.

"Alex, hurry up! You're already running late!" My mom was pounding on the bathroom door, making me jump and almost dropping my tooth brush.

"Ok mom!" I muffled from the toothe paste in my mouth. I rinsed my mouth out, checked in the mirror to make sure my light brown and black hair wasn't frizzy and that my make up looked ok. Once I gave myself the ok I walked out of the bathroom, grabbed my book bag, and met with my mom in our SUV.

"This is what, the third time this week you've been late?" My mom asked, swatting my hand as I leaned forward to change the station. "Will you be in trouble?"

"Probably detention," I said shrugging. I saw my mom chewing on the inside of her lip, her brown wavy hair falling perfectly over her shoulders.

"Would I be a good parent if I grounded you or something?" She asked. I smiled and shook my head and I saw her smile back. My mom wasn't the most strict parent around. I was her only child, and she had me at 17, fairly young, but I turned out to be an ok kid; I clean around the house, have make B's and A's in school, and I don't sleep around or do drugs. I don't even think i've ever been grounded.

We pulled into Terrance High School that can be found in Illinois. My town wasn't too small, nor was it big. I guess you could say it was average. And as for school, yeah, we have the nerdy kids and the popular kids. Nobody really bothers anyone though, only occasionally.

I turned and said goodbye to my mom, unbuckling my seat belt and grabbing my backpack and already so my best friend, Sara, waiting for me by the front entrance. Walking up to her, I tripped and saw her point and laugh. Looking down at my Converse sneakers, I realised I didn't even think to tie my shoe.

"Have I told you you're an awesome friend?" I asked her sarcastically, bent down tying my shoe as she came out to greet me. A huge grin was still plastered on her face.

"What kind of best friend wouldn't laugh at her friend almost eating shit?" Her green eyes sparkled and her blonde hair was pulled up in a messy bun. "You're late anyway."

"Yeah which is making me wonder what you're doing out of class," I accused.

"I needed to use the bathroom, meaning i've been waiting for you to show up and tell me about Zack." She nudged my ribs while I opened the front doors, entering the school.

"There's nothing to talk about."

"Right, so he stayed over til what, three in the morning just staring at the wall?"

"Okay, there was kissing. I swear that's it," I explained. I saw her roll her eyes and start picking at her nails as we walked into our Chemistry class.

Zack was my boyfriend of only 4 months. He had green eyes, black hair, and played guitar. In my eyes, he was perfect. He had a gorgeous smile, a great sense of humor, and I loved his style which consisted of band T's, black jeans and sneakers.

The bell rang and Sara and I headed to our lockers where Zack was waiting for me. He greeted me by giving me a kiss on the lips.

"Nice shirt," He said pointing to my Avenged Sevenfold shirt. I smiled, blushing. "Sleep well?" He teased and I smacked him in the arm. I heard Sara murmer "Wow" under her breath and walking away.

"Alexis Tubb, please report to the principals office." My shoulders slumped, slamming my locker shut.

"Fantastic."

"Hey, I'll see you at lunch, ok?" Zack asked. I nodded and he kissed me goodbye.

"I was told to report here?" I asked the secretary as she typed fast on her computer. She looked up from her glasses and smiled warmly.

"Yes, he's right in there just go on in." I walked over to the door and knocked lightly making him notice me. He waved me in and I sat.

"Alexis," He started, making me cringe. I hated to be called Alexis. "You're a good kid, I know you are. You have great grades and you never get in trouble," he almost sounded like he was begging. "Please. Just please, show up for school on time? Next time it's detention." I nodded obediently, pulling my bangs out of my face. "You can head to your next class," he said, signing a note for me to give to the teacher.

The final bell rang as I walked out of the office. I tried taking my sweet time walking to class, even stopping in the bathroom to touch up my make up. When I walked into English I handed the note to my teacher and took my seat next to Sara.

"Already class," My teacher, Ms. Frank, announced. "We're going to be doing something a little different. Starting now through the end of the year, we will be having a pen pal..."

As the teacher went on, Sara leaned in and whispered.

"Did you get in trouble?"

"Just a warning," I answered.

"I contacted the principal at Degrassi High and he accepted our offer." Sara raised her hand. "Yes, Sara?"

"Where is Degrassi at? Texas? California?"

"Try a different Country. Canada." The class started whispering excitedly. "Ok, well we have all the names for the english class that is participating," She started handing out names written on pieces of paper up and down the rows of desks. "Now remember, you will be graded in participation. It's an easy 30 percent, and you will be talking to these people until the last day of school."

"Adam Torres. Nice," Sara whispered. The little white paper slid a little on my desk. I picked it up and read the name.

"Elijah Goldsworthy," I read out loud. "Wanna trade?" I asked Sara. Her face scrunched.

"Why? It's just names."

"My luck, it'll be a total idiot, or even better, a jerk." Sara shook her head and began writing in her notebook.

"Tonight, I want you to go home and write your letter to your pen pal, and we will send them tomorrow, just leave them on my desk. Be sure you hand it in before class starts. You all have permission to talk or study."

"We're gonna be talking to Canadians!" Sara said excitedly. I rolled my eyes.

"It's not like they're a different species, Sara."

"Yeah, I wonder if they know Avril Lavigne?"

"Do you hear yourself right now? That'd be like them wondering if we know Lady GaGa."

"True."

"I hope my pal isn't a dick," I whispered so the teacher wouldn't hear my swear.

"I just hope mine's cute."

"You're going to paper clip your picture on your letter aren't you?" She shrugged her shoulders. This girl was boy crazy. Don't get me wrong, I love boys too. I had a boyfriend, though. There was no reason for me to want my guy to be cute. Apart of me, though, was hoping he wasn't ugly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I do not own Degrassi or eli or adam. Just thought I'd throw that out there so I don't get sued :). Also, tell me what you think!? If you like it, awesome! If not, I'm sorry :(. Also, I don't know how to indent on here so if somone can help me out with that if it's possible I would GREATLY appreciate it :)