Sequel: Thick and Thin
Status: soooo i've written fan fic before, but not in a while so bare with me.

So Far Away.

betrayed?

It was the last day of school in April and it had been two weeks since we stopped the pen pal project. I, braggingly, got a 100%. Pretty much everyone did.

All of our classes were the same; we brought up our books, then during homeroom we got to clean out our lockers. Each class was only 20 minutes long so we could have a half day. It was nice.

Degrassi was already out of school. Adam had told Sara depending on when they get their passports and visa he'd be here a lot sooner than June. Possibly the end of this month. Eli still isn't sure if he's coming or not, which was fine by me.

Eli had decided to date Clare. He started seeing her a couple weeks after our text night during spring break. I haven't talked to him since besides the pointless letters. They went something like this:

Elijah.

Hey.

Alex.

And he would reply.

Alex

I don't know why you're mad. I said I was sorry.

Eli.

And then I would answer.

Elijah.

You should know by now. If not you're just a dumb ass. I'm fine with just writing 'hey' back and forth to get this stupid project over with.

Alex.

And that's how it was until we didn't have to do it anymore. Adam had told me Clare said she didn't want me to be mad at her. We became friends on our social networking site, along with Imogine, Adam and Fiona. She didn't know how Eli and I talked. I can't blame her. So I let her be.

School was finally out, and we headed towards Saras car.

"What are you doing tonight?" I asked. "It's Friday."

"Adam-"

"Ok." I interrupted her, knowing what she was going to say. "FACE DATE!" I mimicked her in my head. It made me sick.

"I'm sorry," She apologized looking genuine. "We just have to go over everything since the plans changed. I don't know if my mom is in for a whole 2 months."

"It's fine." We climbed in her car and we drove the way home in silence.

"He misses you," Sara blurted when I was unbuckeling my seat belt. "He told Adam not to tell me. He did." She shrugged.

"Ok?"

"He's breaking it off with Clare. He told Adam he thought you and him weren't going to work out since you two are so far away..."

"He was right. It wasn't going to work out and I knew the whole time." I climbed out of her car without turning to say good bye and walked in my house.

My mom wasn't home yet, so I decided to take another shower. Showers always made me feel better; then I climbed in my pajamas and put in an Avenged Sevenfold mix tape I had made and blasted it.

At first I stood there, listening to M. Shadows' voice crawling in my ear drums, listening to The Revs infamous drumming and Syn and Zackys back vocals, in the beginning of the song Johnny slamming is guitar bass. At first I just nodded my head to the music, listening to every word M. Shadows sag in "The Wicked End". Then I started to dance along with the music, singing along to it. I grabbed my hair straightener and pretended it to be a microphone.

"We've grown into the numbers, six hundred sixty six! War breaks a sign of the end eternally expelled. Look to the sky for knowledge, the stars align tonight! Eclipse and heaven shall fall. Now I know i've seen it all in my life of misery!"

"What are you doing?" My moms voice made me jump. I dropped my straightener and turned off the music.

"I'm in the middle of a concert." I joked. She laughed.

"You and the Avenged boys. You need help."

"I can't help they're gorgeous. Talented, too."

"I'll have to agree with you there. So what's wrong?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, putting the CD back in it's case and setting it on top of my stereo.

"You only rock out to Avenged Sevenfold 'concert style' when you're upset. Is it Eli?"

"No. I just felt like listening to music while the house was empty, that's all." I explained. I could tell from her expression that she didn't believe me. I was still kind of mad at her for telling me to go for it with Eli. I was starting to think she knew it wouldn't work, she just wanted to see it fail.

"I just came back to grab the lunch I forgot to bring. I'll let you get back to entertain the fans. Don't disappoint Rev, now," My mom warned. (For those who don't know Avenged Sevenfold or anything like that, Rev, the drummer, has passed away.)

"I wont." She closed my bedroom door and I decided to climb into bed and take a nap.

**

"Alex, I promised I would come." Eli's green eyes burned into mine. We were standing outside the airport and it was pouring outside. I had came with Sara to pick up Adam because she hated driving the interstate. Eli decided to show. I glared at him.

"You never promised anything. I don't know what your plan was coming here, i'm just going to give you some advice and tell you it sucks being a third wheel." I turned to walk into Saras drivers seat. He stopped me by grabbing my wrist.

"I want you, I want all of you." He leaned in and kissed me passionatly and picked me up. I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist.

I snapped out of my sleep hearing a screech. I looked at my TV and figures, The Notebook.

"Boo," I mumbled. "Lies." I shifted my head to see the time. It was only 1:30. I wasn't even asleep for a half hour. My phone started to ring "Backstreets Back" which was Sara's ringtone.

"You ok?" She asked.

"Yeah, why?" I asked groggily. I heard her sigh in relief.

"I text you like 40 times. You didn't answer, and you were so upset."

"I was sleeping. I'm fine." I pulled my phone away from my ear to see how many texts I really had missed and sure enough, it was 40. "What's up?"

"Nothing, Adam talked to Eli."

"And you're telling me this because..." I trailed, sitting up against my head board.

"He broke it off with Clare."

"That's awesome." I said flatly.

"That's not it. Adam said Clare talked to him after the break up, and she said she had a feeling it had something to do with you because he wasn't acting nearly as happy with her."

"Ok."

"You still aren't happy are you?" She asked.

"Sara, I poured my heart out to this guy, listening to you and my mom telling me 'GO FOR IT.' He knew how I felt yet he still did this." I could feel tears escaping my eyes.

"Did you not listen to me earlier? He said-"

"Yeah yeah , the bull shit about him thinking we wouldn't work out anyway and he was trying to get over me. Blah blah." I heard her sigh on the other end.

"Adam will be here next week." Sara added. "Can you at least act like you're happy about that?"

"Sara, I am completely happy that you are going to be with him for two months. I really am. I know how much you like him."

"Good. Do you think you can drive me to the airport? I hate interstates." My stomach flipped remembering my dream, feeling the deja vu.

"I guess." I groaned. "I'm gonna get something to eat, I'll talk to you later."

"See ya," She said and I hung up the phone while I crawled out of my big comfortable bed.

Today, i thought to myself, is a do absolutely nothing day. I'll stay in my pajamas, order a pizza and watch scary movies all night. I nodded as I went over the plans in my head.

I ordered a pepperoni pizza and watched "When a Stranger Calls," the original. The door bell rang in the middle and I jumped. Once I paid the guy I plopped back down into my seat and stuffed my face.

I could do this all summer, I thought. Good thing about Sara and I is that we don't have to be glued to eachother every single moment. I love my me time, and she loves her me time. We both respect it. I think that's how her and I have gotten so far with our friendship.

Once the movie was over I was so full I didn't want to move. I turned it back to cable mode and started watching Steve Wilkos. This episode was about a grandfather accused of molesting his granddaughter. I'd always been told the show was rigged, and if it was, I still wished these ass holes got locked up.

I wonder what his head feels like if I rubbed it, I thought to myself, drinking the rest of my pepsi. Would it be sweaty? He doesn't seem like he sweats too much...My vibrating phone snapped me from my thoughts.

"Hey." Eli said. Great, he's just texting me because he's single.

"Hi Elijah."

"I thought we promised each other not to call me Elijah?"

"You pissed me off. I have every right."

"I deserve that." He answered. I was already done with this conversation so I set my phone down, grabbing a piece of pizza.

"YOU DID NOT TELL THE TRUTH!" Steve yelled at the guy, throwing a chair.

"Get him Steve!" I shouted at the TV, pieces of food flying out of my mouth. My phone vibrated again.

"I know you don't want to talk to me, and i understand that. Please understand that I didn't want to get hurt and I ended up hurting you in the process and I'm truely sorry about that. That was the last thing I wanted to do. I just figured, we're in different countries. I thought maybe if I started dating other people it would take my mind off of you but it didn't. It did the opposite, and now you hate me."

I read it over and over, then set the phone down on the coffee table, still not budging. I was stubborn, I will admit. I was still mad, but his story made sense. This made me not want to risk anything, though. I was done with boys for a while. It was my me time and I wanted to be alone.

"I guess you are done talking to me. I'm sorry, Alex. I really am. Bye."