Sequel: Thick and Thin
Status: soooo i've written fan fic before, but not in a while so bare with me.

So Far Away.

arrival

I was still angry the next morning. I was really debating on if I should call Sara or not to tell her I didn't want to take her to the airport. I couldn't do that though, this was about her. Then again, I wanted nothing to do with Eli and I didn't want to see or hear anyone associated with him for a while.

I braided my hair off to the side and put some foundation and eye liner along with some mascara. I decided to wear my jean shorts and black avenged sevenfold fitted tee. After all, who would I be trying to impress, right?

"Hey, you up for some lunch?" I text Sara.

"God no, i'm a nervous wreck, i'll still join you."

"On my way."

I grabbed my keys and as soon as I touched the handle my phone rang in my pocket.

"What now?" I whined out loud. "What now Sara?" I answered.

"Hey."

My eyes widened, suprised to hear his voice, then felt my eyes narrow.

"What?" I snapped.

"That wasn't me that sent that text. It was this girl Jessica. She's crazy."

"That's nice, bye." I hung up. My phone instantly bagan to ring and I hit ignore, opening the door and got in my car and headed to Saras.

**

"So, it wasn't him?" Sara asked as I shoved a chicken nugget in my mouth.

"So he says." Sara reached over and took some of my fries. I finally convinced her to eat at least something. She wiped salt off her face with a napkin and took a drink from her coke.

We sat in a booth at a fast food restaurant about 10 minutes from the air port.

"I don't think Eli would've said that to you. He doesn't seem like that type of guy," Sara chimed.

"Who knows," I mumbled and closed my chicken nugget box and laid back. A tall figure walked by, with black messy hair and green eyes; Zack. "Shit." I tried laying as far down as possible in the booth.

"What?" Sara asked, panicked. She was looking around and saw what I was freaking out about, and sure enough with her oh so subtle search, we made eye contact.

"Alex?" His lip peircings were sticking out a little, and I can tell he got a newer tattoo on his arm. I sat up slowly.

"Hi."

"What are you two doing here?" He asked, sliding in the seat next to mine. I shrugged.

"Sara is about to meet her penpal." I could smell his axe body spray. I'd always loved that smell, but I realised I didn't care too much for it on him anymore.

"Exciting." He smiled. I nodded and pushed my tray closer to Sara so she could finish my fries.

"So," Sara chimed in after a long awkward silence. "What brings you here?"

"I'm moving here, found a studio apartment. It's really cool, you two should come check it out sometime."

"Yeah, sure," Sara smiled. I could tell she was just trying to be nice. He turned to face me. I shrugged.

"Maybe."

"Still mad at me?" He looked sincerely sad. I shrugged again. "Can we at least be friends?"

"Sure." I gave in.

"Well, I guess i'll give you a call sometime, I have to go finish unpacking. Call me so we can get together sometime." He stood up and left.

"Ok," Sara laughed. "What the hell?"

"Like I would ever call that ass hole," I laughed.

**

"What the hell is that?" I asked as we got into her car. There was a huge sign in her back seat with neon orange letters saying "Adams Girlfriend". I got into her drivers seat and put the seat belt on. She said since I'm driving we could waste her gas and not mine. I wasn't going to argue with that.

"It's a sign," she started.

"Yeah...why?"

"I was trying to be cute," she whined buckeling her seat belt. We drove off and got onto the interstate.

"Sometimes I worry about you," I mumbled.

"Sometimes I worry about you," She snapped back. "When are you and Eli going to talk again?"

"We aren't. It was a project, and it's finished. That's that."

"No, it's not," she retorted. "You two are meant to be, Adam even said so."

"Well if Adam says so," I joked. She rolled her eyes and ate a couple more fries before she threw the rest in the trash.

"Let's do this," she said and we walked out of the door.

**

"Sara, you look stupid." She was standing at the gate holding the huge sign in front of her.

"He needs to see us though."

"We have something called phones."

"What if his died?" I rolled my eyes and checked my phone for the time. The plane was supposed to be there an hour ago. Sara really had to pee but she didn't want to leave the spot in case he showed up. As you can tell, it was a very intense situation.

"There's some people coming in, maybe it's the same plane he's on." I pointed to the crowd coming in. Some had soldiers coming and hugging their families, others were business like people, teenagers. We finally saw Adam, wearing a grey beanie, baggy jeans, and white shirt with a zip up sweatshirt over it.

Sara dropped her sign and ran towards him, jumping in his arms. There were tears in her eyes, and I found there were tears in mine too. Despite all that happened with Eli, how I hated to see romance, I was truely happy for her. I had never seen her so happy. The only time remotely close was when we were eight and watching backstreet boys in concert on pay-per-view.

I walked up to them, giving Adam a hug. He was only a few inches taller than me, I noticed.

"Have a good flight?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Some lady thought she was having a stroke so we didn't lift off till an hour after that."

"Is she ok?" I asked.

"Yeah. Panic attack." We all nodded and went to go grab his bags.

The ride home was very, safe to say, awkward. I was officially the third wheel, and a taxi driver minus the pay. They stayed clung to each other in the back seat while I kept turning the music up louder and louder everytime I heard a kiss.

We arrived at Sara's house and I helped him bring in his bags.

"We're going to the mall tomorrow if you want to come with?" Sara asked. Poor Sara, I thought. I could tell she was trying to be nice.

"Maybe."

Sara looked over at Adam, who was texting on his phone. He looked up and nodded.

"You have to." She stated. I threw my hands up in defeat.

"Ok whatever you say." I said my good byes and left them to have alone time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much for the comments :) It's giving me more motivation to keep up with this story :)