Sequel: Thick and Thin
Status: soooo i've written fan fic before, but not in a while so bare with me.

So Far Away.

Puppy Love

"Alex? Your friends are here!" My mom shouted from the bottom of the steps. I skipped down them and saw Sara and Adam, holding hands, and smiling at me.

"Hey," I greeted. I heard my mom clear her throat. "Oh, sorry, mom. This is Adam. Adam, this is my mom."

"The Adam! So nice to finally meet you!" My mom screeched and gave Adam a hug. "Sara has told me so much about you."

"Nice to meet you too. She told me about you also."

"Good things I hope," She grinned. I rolled my eyes and motioned to the door. "Alex, I'll be out at a meeting tonight if you and your friends want to hang out here and order a pizza? I'll leave some money on the counter for you."

"Thanks mom."

"And Sara? Protection." She whispered, even though everyone obviously heard her.

"Ok, let's go," I said, giving my mom a look before shutting the door. "My mom is a nut."

"She seems nice," Adam smiled.

"She is, she's just crazy," Sara chimed.

**

"I want to go in there!" Sara pointed out to the pet store. Before we could even say anything else she was already in there.

Puppies were sleeping, barking, and playing. There were ferrets on the other side, most of them sleeping, only a few awake, curious about all the people. There was a little girl in a glass room with her mom petting puppies. I came across a puppy, sitting there, not doing anything. She was a german shephard.

"Hi, baby," I sweetly said. She tilted her head and started wagging her tail. I looked at the information. Rescued from a puppy mill, mother already in a good home. Her name was Meike. (pronounced Meekah). "Hi Meike." She tilted her head again. I looked at the price, three hundred dollars. Yikes, I thought.

"Who's this?" Adam asked, walking up to the glass.

"Meike." I answered. He smiled.

"She's adorable."

"Yeah, too bad she's expensive."

"Ok, Starbucks?" Sara suggested. Adam and I nodded and we followed her downstairs. I got a caramel frappiccino, Sara got a mocha latte and Adam got a vanilla bean frappaccino. We walked around the mall some more, looking into windows. We ended up in Victorias Secret.

I didn't feel like going in, and neither did Adam. He told Sara to suprise her later with whatever she gets, mentally I gagged.

"It's really nice here," Adam commented as we sat on a bench in front of the entrance of the store. I nodded.

"It has it's days."

"I bet."

We sat for a few minutes in silence until he broke it.

"Eli says hi," he muttered. I looked over at him, who was sitting on my right, but he was looking down at his phone.

"Hmm," I grunted.

"He feels really bad about everything. He wishes he could turn back time."

"That's nice."

We sat in a few more minutes of silence. I really wanted to change the subject.

"So," I started, hesitating for a moment. "If you don't mind me asking, um, what was your name when you were...you know."

"Gracie." He stated, as if it didn't bother him at all. That relieved me, I was worried he'd get offended.

"Nice name." I looked over at him and he gave a weak smile. "I like Adam better though." After I said this he grinned. "Is it hard?" I asked. "I mean, with other people or dating?"

"Once I got into degrassi, it was fine until people found out. It was really hard for my mom, too. She really wanted a girl. My brother Drew is fine with it. As for dating, it hasn't been too bad. I let them know before hand so they won't freak out later on."

"At least you're honest about it."

"Yeah. Some people still don't understand though. It's whatever." He took the last drink of his frappaccino and tossed it in the trash can.

"Hey Alex," someone greeted. I looked up and saw Zack. I smiled weakly. Great, I thought. He's everywhere.

"Hi, Zack."

"Who's this?" He asked, pointing to Adam.

"I'm Adam," He answered, standing up. He held out his hand but Zack just stared at it like it had an obvious virus on it.

"That's nice," he snapped.

"He's Sara's boyfriend," I made very clear. He nodded, looking Adam up and down. Adam shook his head as if Zack was useless, and pulled his phone out and started playing with it.

"Can I talk to you?" Zack asked. I nodded and looked over at Adam.

"I won't be long."

"You never called." He spoke. I glared at him.

"It's been a day."

"I thought you would call as soon as you got home though," he whispered, leaning closer to me, wrapping his hands around my waist. I smacked his hands.

"Don't touch me."

"Come on. I miss you and I know you miss me." My mouth dropped and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Really? You need help," I said, turning to walk away. He grabbed my wrist and spun me around and tried to kiss me. I kneed him in the crotch. He let out a loud grunt and fell in the fetal position. I could hear Adam and Sara laughing. Before I walked away, I spit on him. Not very lady like, I know, but he was scum.

"That-" Sara started.

"Was awesome!" Adam finished her sentence, giving me a high five.

**

"Are you two sure you don't want any pizza? Sara it's free food." I was getting out of Sara's car. I heard thunder and looked up.

"No that's ok," She smiled at Adam. I nodded understandingly.

"See ya' around," I waved and walked into my empty house.

I dialed the pizza place and fifteen minutes later I was sitting in front of my TV stuffing my face with pepperoni pizza and watching Diary Of A Wimpy Kid. I know it's a kids movie, but I still like it.

Half way through the movie my phone started to vibrate. At first I wasn't sure if it was that or the storm outside. I had to turn the TV up extra loud to hear over the rain and thunder.

"Hey, i'm going to be a little late depending on how long this storm is," my mom text.

"That's fine, be careful," I replied and set my phone back down. Once the first movie was over, I put in Rodrick Rules. I decided to make a Wimpy Kid marathon.

It was going on ten o'clock and my eyes were already drooping. Storms always calmed me. My mom thought I was weird since they always keep her up at night, I just sleep right through them.

The sound of my phone made me jump from mid slumber.

"Come outside." Sara.

I furrowed my eye brows, confused. Why would she want me to come outside? It's crazy out there, I thought. Then the worst hit my mind. What if her and Adam got into a fight? What if they broke up already? I instantly woke up with these thoughts flooding my mind. I turned on the lights, wincing from not being used to them, and staggered to the door.

I turned the porch light on before walking out, I couldn't see anything. The rain was coming down in thick drops and the lightening lit the sky every ten or so seconds. I saw Sara's car in the drive way, and before I stepped off my porch someone came out of the back seat.

He was about 5' 7'' roughly, wearing a leather jacket with a hood on his head. He had a leash and a puppy with him.

"What the fuck?" I said out loud. As the figure came closer his face started to become clearer, and the puppy was jumping on my leg.

"Hey Alex."

"Eli?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't own starbucks or victorias secret or diary of a wimpy kid but I love them and I love you! Thanks for the comments!