Sequel: Thick and Thin
Status: soooo i've written fan fic before, but not in a while so bare with me.

So Far Away.

Time stands still, beauty in all she is.

The next morning, my mom had gotten doughnuts for us and some milk and juice. I just ate half of a glazed doughnut, shivering from the morning coldness. The storm was gone and it was nothing but blue skies.

"Ok," Sara said after drinking her orange juice. "Since it's nice out, Adam and I were going to go to the city and walk around and then go to a nice dinner. Since Mr. Goldsworthy is here, you two should come!"

"Sure," Eli grinned. I nodded agreeingly.

Sara took her shower in my bathroom while I took mine in the guest bathroom.

"Shit." I said getting out. I forgot to bring my clothes, and I had just soaked my pajamas by stepping on them. I wrapped the towel around me, hair still dripping. Cracking the door I looked around to make sure no one was there.

Of course, when I stepped out I ran into Eli.

"Oh hi," he said, looking away.

"Hi, um. Yeah, I had no clothes so-"

"Sporting the towel look?" He asked, eyes still on ceiling.

"Yeah...um. So, i'll be back," I said, walking as fast as I could to my room all while successfully stubbing my toe on the door frame. "Son of BITCH!" I shouted.

"What?" Sara shouted, opening the door from my bathroom towel drying her hair.

"Nothing."

"That storm was crazy," she muttered, stepping out of the door way. I went through my drawers trying to find the perfect outfit.

"What should I wear?" I whined. Sara went through my drawers, then went through my closet. She pulled out a black and white polka dot dress and threw my brown boots on the floor.

'This is cute. Wear the hat with it." She pointed to my gray and black fedora hat. "Can I do your hair?" Her eyes grew wide.

"I don't know, I was just going to-"

"I want to do it!" She shrieked. I nodded and knew she would bug me until I gave in. She blow dried my hair and styled it with my curling iron, making my hair wavy. She did my make up, simple eye liner and mascara. "Perfect," She smiled. I looked in the mirror, my blue eyes actually popped. I was used to black eye shadow, dark colors, but this was so simple and natural.

"Awesome," I smiled back at myself. I stood up and sprayed some perfume on me, then Sara. I put my boots on and we headed down the stairs..

Adam was wearing a flannel shirt with the sleeves rolled up, Eli wore a grey t-shirt and black jeans.

"You look beautiful," Adam said before kissing Sara on the cheek.

"Thank you," She giggled. I looked down at my feet. I didn't want Eli to feel he had to compliment me, even though deep inside I wanted him to say something. He just stood there and stared at me but not a gaping stare, more like a let's get a move on kind of stare.

I put my hat on and Eli said he would drive to the city which was about a half hour away. We listened to Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine, Ten Years, even some of The Used. Adam stuck his Dead Hands cd in the player and they weren't that bad.

"So where do you want to start at?" Sara asked me as we got out of my car. I stumbled a little, my legs numb from the ride. I shrugged.

"Doesn't matter. We can just start here and make our way around."

We walked by thrift stores, vintage stores, boutiques, cafes, and some comic book stores. I loved the vintage stores. I ended up caving on a green jacket, the only one that was in my size. Adam got some video games to play and Eli bought some CD's. We also went into a tourist type shop, where Adam and Eli bought "Let Freedom Ring USA" and "I *heart* USA".

"Bullfrog and CeeCee wanted some souvenirs," Eli explained. I smiled and waved my hand.

"Whatever you say. Couldn't get them a coffee mug with our flag on it? You had to get the most blunt thing in the store?"

"They like cheesy," Eli laughed. I smirked and walked on with Sara.

"So," Sara whispered as Eli and Adam were falling behind.

"So?"

"You like him." She said it more as a statement than a question. I couldn't stop the corners of my mouth from grinning.

"He is a lot cuter in person."

"Yep. Do it," She said in a deep voice.

"Do what?"

"Do it."

"Ok now, Zacky," I joked. (explanation in authors note.)

"But seriously," She said after laughing. "Has he even kissed you yet?"

"He just got here."

"Yeah, so did Adam and he kissed me when he saw me!"

"Shh," I hushed her. She get's loud when she gets excited.

"Anyway, he should've did it last night."

"I think your snoring would've ruined the moment."

"Adam says it's cute," she whined. I smiled and kicked a rock.

"Anyone getting hungry?" Adam yelled. They were a good twenty feet from us. I checked my phone and it was already almost five.

"I better be getting a damn tan for walking around since noon," I muttered.

"There's a nice place just down the road from here," Sara answered Adam. They finally caught up, Sara and Adam walking hand in hand while Eli walked next to Adam and I walked next to Sara. At first I didn't think of it as anything, but then I figured maybe he didn't like me as much as he thought he did.

We walked into the restaurant and took a booth. Eli sat in front of me and Adam sat in front of Sara. My stomach growled but I didn't really want to eat much. I decided to get a chicken salad and a soda. Sara got a slice of pizza and water while Adam and Eli both got steak and a baked potato with soda.

"Alright folks, those of you sitting here enjoying your meals are in for a treat tonight. We're pulling the dance floor out and our radio dj is in tonight! Requests are welcome and please, don't be shy. Come up and dance." The guy was standing on a stool announcing this. I hate dancing. I loved it, but I hated it. I had no rhythm whatsoever, and I tripped and ran into things, a lot. It's deadly.

At first they played a fast paced song, a few drunken guys went up and started dancing. We still sat in our booths, bobbing our heads. Half the songs they played I didn't know what they were. The rest I did know though; Sweet Home Alabama, Simple Man, Aerosmith, Sean Paul, pitbull, Christina Aguilara. They even played some Backstreet Boys and N'sync.

Sara and Adam left for the dance floor when they started playing Shake it by metro station. What an odd playlist, I thought to myself while picking at my salad. Before I knew it the other side of my booth sank in and Eli leaned over.

"You look bored," He said in my ear. The music drowned almost everything out. I shrugged. "Want to dance?"

"No thank you!" I shouted back. "Me and dancing, bad combo."

"Can't be that bad."

"It is." I lifted my dress to show him a scar on my knee. "That's from the electric slide, 15 years old."

"Sounds intense," he said looking serious, raising his eye brows.

"Oh but it was!"

"Alright you love birds, I got a special request to an Eli and Alex, this song goes to you two." The dj announced in the microphone. My face started to burn and I looked over to see Adam and Sara laughing. A thousand years by Christina Perri started playing.

"I think we have to go," he said smiling. I looked down and before I knew it he was holding my wrist and dragging me to the floor.

"You're a bitch," I called to Sara as we moved closer to them. She flashed an evil grin.

Eli bowed down and I curtsied, and he took my hand in his and rested his other hand on my lower back as I rested my free hand on his shoulder.

"You aren't that bad," he said.

"This is a slow paced song, it's different."

"Ah," he said nodding. "Of course." He twirled me around and I tripped over my foot, him pulling me closer.

"Now that was not a great idea," I blushed. He was grinning ear to ear. He pulled me in even closer and I rested my head on his shoulder. I didn't want this moment to end.

"You look beautiful," he whispered through my hair. I smiled. He pulled away from me and lifted my chin with his finger. Inching closer I could smell the mint gum he was chewing on, I could feel his hot breath on my lips.

"Alright let's speed up the pace!" The DJ shouted. I pulled away and looked down at my feet.

"I'm thirsty." and I walked back to our table, Eli following.

**

The rest of the night went by slowly and very awkward. I couldn't stop thinking of almost kissing him and the way his green eyes burned into my blue eyes. The way he said my name, the way he smiled. Why couldn't I just go with it? I'd never been so...shy.

When we arrived at my house they left back to Sara's. I was greeted by Meike as soon as I opened the front door.

"There's my baby girl!" I said, rubbing her belly when she flopped on her back. Her over sized paws flopping in the air.

"Did you have fun?" My mom asked, drying her hands with a dish towel. I nodded.

"Yeah. We went window shopping and stuff."

"Get anything?"

"This cool five dollar jacket, it's in the car though."

"Hungry? I made some leftover burgers, I wasn't sure if they'd be coming back or not," She called walking back into the kitchen.

"No we ate at that restaurant across from Jim's Pizza."

"Nice," She opened the fridge and grabbed a water out of it and leaned against the counter. "He's cute."

"Mom," I whined.

"What? He is! A lot better looking than that Zack kid."

"He is isn't he?"

"Yep." I smiled and headed up to my room, Meike whining on the bottom step. She didn't know how to go up steps yet, I guessed. I picked her up and laid her on my bed.

"I can't do that forever. You're going to get too big," I told her. She tilted her head and wagged her tail. I laid down and was attacked with her kisses. She snuggled under my arm and fell asleep and I did the same.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again don't own famous people (Although I wish I did ;) ) Thank you for the comments!! It's keeping me goin :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg2mlSRtcCA

Video of Zacky V repeating "Do it." For no reason.