Sequel: Thick and Thin
Status: soooo i've written fan fic before, but not in a while so bare with me.

So Far Away.

First Letter.

"So, what do you think?" Sara asked, raising her eyebrows. We decided to show up early to English and we traded our letters to read. I opened my mouth and closed it, not knowing what to say.

"You're very-"

"Very what?"

"Honest.." I handed her paper back as she did with mine.

"Yours is too basic."

"How?"
"Favorite color, red, favorite band, Avenged Sevenfold, blah blah blah," Sara hung her mouth open. "Dull."

"At least i'm not already throwing myself at someone I don't even know," I said, slightly irritated.

"You should've added a picture," She added. I rolled my eyes and set my paper on the desk.

**

It had been a week since we sent off our letters, Sara was sick that day, so I sat by myself until Zack showed up.

"Hey baby girl," Zack greeted me at lunch. We sat outside on a picnick table since it was nice out for once. The one thing about Illinois weather is you never know what it's going to do. For instance, it was the middle of January, and it was almost 70 out. The next day could end up snowing, it's annoying.

"Hey," I sipped my coke. "How's your day been?" I asked. He shrugged.

"It's ok. Is it true what Sara said? You have pen pals?" I got that irritated feeling again.

"I told you that last week." He made a face like he remembered, but I knew he didn't. I didn't know what his problem was lately. He wasn't listening anymore, or paying attention. I'm not a huge needy girl, I don't get mad if he forgets every once in a while. It was just strange that the first three and a half months he remembered what I had for breakfast. Now, it's nothing.

"Sorry," he whispered.

"It's fine," I said, aggravated. "We still hanging out after school?" I asked, trying to change the subject. He looked down at the table.

"I have to do a project and my mom said I can't do anything until it's done. It's for History." I nodded.

"There's a party tomorrow night. Think you can get it done before then?" I asked. His green eyes looked around the cafeteria.

"I should. I'll go either way." He kissed my cheek.

**

The next day, Sara was back. We sat in Chemistry getting anxious about when our letters would come in. Sara was more worried on whether this Adam thought she was cute or not. I rolled my eyes just thinking about it.

"I'm telling you, you should've sent a picture," Sara was still urging. "Maybe this next one."

"Why? I have a boyfriend." She looked down at her feet.

"Alex," she started.

"Not this again." She never really liked Zack. He dated her cousin the next town over and he ended it really roughly for her.

"Just hear me out. Savannah saw Zack last night at this party-"

"He was working on his history project," I stated firmly.

"He was pretty close to this girl-"

"Sara, please. I was texting him all last night," I said, somewhat lying. He stopped texting me from nine to midnight. The bell rang for our next class. I didn't see Zack so we went straight into english, envelopes stacked on the teachers desk.

"That doesn't mean anything," She continued with our conversation. "I wouldn't tell you this if it wasn't true."

"It might be someone else she saw, someone that looked like him." Was I lying to myself? Was he really capable of lying and cheating? No, I snapped out if my thoughts. He's perfect, he wouldn't do
that to me.

"Here are your replies to your pen pals. Once you read and reply to them you have permission to talk amongst yourselves."

She walked up and down the rows, setting the envelopes neatly on the desks. She set my envelope down, and my stomach fluttered. I was nervous. What if this guy was a jerk? What if we had absolutely nothing in common? What if he liked rap and I liked rock? Sports or video games? Preppy or rocker? It was time to find out.

"Alex,

I promise you to never call you Alexis, if you promise to never call me Elijah. Eli is just fine. I am also 17, and I do like Avenged Sevenfold, but I'd take the Dead Hands anyday. My favorite color is black, and I like rock music. I also like turtles.
How long have you been with Zack? From what you say, he seems like an ok guy.
Your friend Sara made sure to state that you are her best friend. Adam also wants me to make sure that I state that he thinks she's beautiful in her bikini.
From
Eli.
PS
I know you have a boyfriend, but I wouldn't mind a picture of you also."

I smiled and shook my head as I finished reading it. Not a chance, I thought to myself. I took out my notebook and pen and started writing.

"Eli,
Thank you for not calling me Alexis. I do promise to never call you Elijah, as long as you don't piss me off. Also, they say black isn't a color, it's a shade. Just saying.
My friend Sara is a little, no offense to her, desperate. She's an awesome person though, and she was very flattered on him saying she was beautiful. So you're friends with Adam? What a small world.
Zack and I have been together for almost 5 months.
Do you have a girlfriend?
From,
Alex
PS
In your dreams."

"What'd Adam say?" I asked Sara after I sat down from turning in my letter. Her face was bright red.

"He thinks i'm beautiful."

"I knew that, what'd he say in the letter?" She handed me the letter and at the very bottom it stated "You are very beautiful."

"Why would he have Eli tell me that when he wrote it in the first place?" Sara shrugged.
"Boys aren't smart." She stated.

**
"So you can't go?" I asked sadly into the phone. I was laying on my bed talking to Zack asking about him going to the party.

"I didn't finish my project and i've been sick," He said. I sighed.

"I'll just have Sara come over and we'll watch movies all night or something. Feel better." We both got off the phone and I dialed Sara's number.

"Yes bitch," She answered.

"He's not going." I groaned, sitting up on my bed pulling my legs closer to my chest. I heard her grunt angrily on the other end.

"Well that's just great. I got all hot for nothing."

"We can just order a pizza and watch movies if you want. Just change into your pj's."

"No, we're going." She hung up the phone. Not even five minutes later, my bedroom door opened and she opened up my closet to choose an outfit for me.

Something about me and Saras relationship was we were practically sisters. We've been friends since the first grade, stayed at each others houses, we each even have the key to each others houses. Her mom was my mom as well as my mom is her mom, if that makes any sense. Her walking into my house wasn't a big deal.

"Wear this," She handed me a blue sleevless dress that was really tight on top then got flowy and poofed out towards the end, coming up to my mid-thighs, a brass knuckles necklace, black fisnet tights and my boots with buckles going up on the sides. I did as she said.

"So, you don't think this is wrong?" I asked worried, teasing the crown of my hair to get a little more volume.

"Why would it be wrong?" She asked confused. Then anger showed in her eyes. "You have a right to have fun, don't feel guilty. It's not like you're cheating." I sighed, looking at myself in the mirror. I did a cat eyed look with my liquid eye liner, my hair was long, almost past my shoulder blades, and was black underneath and on my bangs, the res was light brown. My blue eyes always looked tired from lack of sleep. I looked closer at my eyes to make sure it was almost perfect, and noticed the brown spot on my left eye.

"Let's go before I change my mind."

We climbed into Saras blue Ford Focus and headed to the party that was about 10 minutes away. The house was lit and had lights strung around the roof and on the trees. People were crowding around outside, and I could see dancing movement inside. We walked in, almost immidiatly I could smell the sweat and alcohol. The deafening music, I was worried, was going to pop my ear drums.
There were people on the couch making out, most people were grinding in an open area in the house. Sara left me to go off with some guy to dance. I stood off to myself, feeling awkward.

"Zack!" I heard a girl shout. I didn't pay much attention to it, not until I saw him walk upstairs with some other girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
Someone's in trouble.