Sequel: Thick and Thin
Status: soooo i've written fan fic before, but not in a while so bare with me.

So Far Away.

Recover

By the time Sunday rolled around, I still had not gotten out of my bed. I followed him and opened the door Friday, and saw them. She was lifting his shirt about to take it off. I made sure he saw me and I casually walked away.

"Alex, it's not what it looks like," he pled. I just bit my lip, trying to hold back the tears showing that he had broken my heart.

"That's so cliche, Zack. We're done. Don't even look at me when we get back to school."

I walked home, leaving the drunken Sara. I didn't want to ruin her fun.

I rolled over on my bed clutching my Spongebob pillow. Don't cry, I told myself. Why did I get my hopes up with this guy? I thought he was perfect.

"He doesn't deserve you," Sara said comfortingly on Saturday. She came over after I text her tellling her what had happened. "If you need to cry, I have two handy shoulders." I just shook my head and she went home.

I stared out the window, feeling cold, watching the rain stream down the glass. The sky lit up and thunder made my house vibrate. I've always loved storms. It always brought a calm in me, a comfort. Today was a perfect day for it.

I heard a light knock on my door, my eyes still focused on the window I mumbled,"Come in."

"You okay? It's almost four, i'm getting dinner ready. You eating?" I shook my head, still keeping my eyes glued to the lightening. "It's hard, I know. You're father did the same thing to me. You know what, though? They're ass holes, always will be."

I turned to face her, and I couldn't fight my smile. She returned it, and walked back downstairs.

**

"Settle down class," Ms. Frank shouted over the voices. "Alexis, please?" She asked, gesturing to my hood. I grudgingly slipped it off my head. It was the only wall I had to block everyone out. "The letters are already in," She smiled. She started passing them around.

"Alex,
Well I guess just say black is my favorite shade. As for the girlfriend thing, I'm trying to stay away from that for a while. I haven't exactly had the best luck with girls. How are you and your boyfriend doing? Hows the weather?

From
Eli
PS
I'm still waiting on that picture."

I rolled my eyes and began to write.

"Eli,
I'm sorry for your girlfriend problem. As for Zack, he's a dick. Giving that I don't know you at all, i'm just going to leave it at that. We're over. Fanito.
The weather is cold and rainy. It makes me tired.

From,
Alex
PS
not going to happen."

I went up to Ms. Franks desk and set down my letter. When I took my seat, I noticed Sara had a look that something was wrong.

"Adam," She half heartedly smiled, showing me a picture of him. I smiled.

"He's cute," I stated. She looked down at the picture.

"He's a she."

"What?" I asked, making sure I heard her right.

"He told me he's trans. Even though he was born a girl, he knows she's supposed to be a boy."

"Well then," I started, unsure what to say. "Well, if emotionally and mentally he's a boy, there really isn't anything wrong with it."

"Does it make me a lesbian?" She asked worried. I shook my head and smiled.

"No. If he didn't go by 'Adam' and he still wanted to be called a 'she', then she's male." Her face relaxed a little bit, but not fully. "If you're a lesbian, I am too because I think he's cute," I added. She nodded.

"So what should I say in the letter to Adam?"

"Just be supportive. Don't freak him out with all this dating hook up stuff with him, you don't know him at all. If you're unsure about anything, ask him about it. I'm sure he'll be more than happy to tell you about it then you just assuming stuff and if he doesn't want to talk about it, don't push him."

Once the bell rang, I saw Zack by my locker, looking at me with guilt. I rolled my eyes and walked right up to him. I looked more short than I already was when I was with him. I'm 5'3'', he's 6'2''. I clutched my notebook to my chest.

"Will you listen to me please?" He begged. I didn't say anything. "I was drunk. One thing lead to another and-"

"That's not the only problem I have here," I cut him off, feeling my anger taking over. "You told me you had this 'project' to do. You couldn't leave until it was done. Then you say you're going to go to the party either way. Then you say you're sick, yet you aren't sick enough to go to a party and drink and cheat."

I was almost shouting at that point and noticed I was causing a scene. I didn't care.

"Alexis, I'm sorry," he leaned in closer for a hug. I embraced it, along with his croth with my knee. He fell to the ground muttering "Bitch." I smirked, surprisingly, that felt good.

"I'm sorry too. I'm sorry I just had to humiliate you in front of half the school." I turned to open my locker to put my notebook in it. I shut it, turned around and leaned down close to his ear.

"On second thought, I'm not sorry. And don't call me Alexis."

Sara high fived me as we went to our next class.

By the end of the day, news traveled about Zacks crotch getting kneed. Rumors started to twist, saying he had a threesome, or I found out he had a baby. Another good one was that he actually was bleeding and had to wear an ice pack all day.

We were halfway through our history class when the classroom phone rang.

"Miss Tubb, you're wanted at the office," Mr. Johns said. The whole class went into an "ooooh," fit. I got up and went to the office.

"Alexis." Princiipal Barnes started. "What is this I hear about a fight? With Mr. Jones?" I shrugged, staring at a picture of him and his wife that was sitting on his desk. I heard him sigh and he leaned back in his chair.

"I lost my temper."

"Well, that's no excuse. I have a huge problem with violence. I really don't condone it. Now, as much as he deserved it," he paused and smiled at me. "I do have to punish you. You will apologize to him first thing tomorrow morning in my office where I can witness it, and serve a detention during your lunch. You can bring your food in here." I nodded, taken back by him not being totally against my decision of kneeing Zack.

I stood up and headed out the door.

"Alexis?" He called out. I poked my head back in his office. "Was he really bleeding?" I shrugged and he laughed. "Don't tell anyone I said any of this, or it's suspension," he added. I nodded and saluted him, walking back to class with a smile on my face.