Sequel: Thick and Thin
Status: soooo i've written fan fic before, but not in a while so bare with me.

So Far Away.

Hearing the voice.

"Adam gave me his cell in our last letter and we've been texting non stop!" Sara gleamed. I was sitting on my floor resting against my bed while she lay on my bed on her stomach, smiling and texting on her phone.

"That sounds awesome." I was a little happy for her, I just didn't want her to get hurt. It had been a month since we started the pen pals and so far so good. I recently told Eli about what Zack did and he eventually told me about his exs. We talked about a play he was directing and wrote, and how he might have a chance to get into NYU. Of course, he still was asking for a picture of me. I heard Sara giggle and I looked up from my magazine.

"What did dream boy say now?" I asked, a little annoyed.

"Eli is with hiim." My heart fluttered a little, suddenly feeling less annoyed. I don't know why I got a little excited. I think it's because what I can tell from what he has written me, he's someone i'd see myself going out with. But then again, I thought the same thing about Zack.

I turned back to my magazine, flipping through the pages of my Cosmo to find the dirty sex secrets. I heard a faint click noise. Looking to my left, Sara layed a little closer to me.

"What-"I set my magazine down, turning to face her. "What did you just do?"

"Nothing...?" She concentrated on her phone.

"Sara Marie Marshall."

"Okay, mom," she whined. "I took a picture."

"Of what?" I gritted through my teeth.

"Nothing...?" Her phone beeped and she smiled evily at me, showing me what was on the screen.

"Wow. That's all he said. He's still got his mouth open LOL" I glared at Sara.

"I hope you took a picture of my Zacky Vengeance poster." She shook her head.

"He's been wanting a picture of you so I decided to help him out, for Adam." If looks could kill, she'd be slaughtered right at that moment.

"Let me see the picture. It better be at a good angle." She pulled up the picture and showed me. Where the camera was, I had my hair behind my ear so you could see my face, the other side was untucked, resting over my shoulders, some on my magazine. My black eye shadow and eyeliner looked perfect, and that was probably because I had just done it an hour ago. It tends to spread over time. The green fitted shirt I had on showed my little curves of my slim body.

"You're lucky," I muttered, flopping back to my spot. After a few minutes I heard a beep of her phone.

"Um, Alex? You're gonna have to see this." She tossed her phone to me, landing on my lap. I looked at the screen to see a boy. A cute boy. With dark brown hair, green eyes, and the cutest smirk.

"Whose this? Adams brother?"

"That, miss Alex, is Elijah Goldsworthy." My jaw dropped and I stood.

"What?" I shouted. "WHAT!?" Sara was laughing at my shock, and took her phone back.

"That's what Adam said."

"Wow." That's all I could say. Sara nodded.

"I agree. Oh he's calling shut up!" Sara shouted.

"Eli?"

"No Adam!" She took a deep breath and held the phone to her ear. "Hello?" She asked all flirty and girly, a voice that really didn't belong to her. i rolled my eyes and paid attention to my magazine once again. "No you stop. She did. Yes. Same thing he did apparently!" I had a feeling she was talking about me, but I tried not to listen. It was hard when she had her head a few inches from your ear.

I went over to my desk and pulled out Eli's last letter that he sent to me.

"Dear Alex,

I really did laugh at your joke, i promise. I'm sure interrupting cow is better in person, though. The play is doing great. Imogine is working on the props for the set, Adam is helping me cast. Do you have any projects coming up? I'm about to punch Adam. All he talks about is Sara. I'm really happy she took the FTM well. Most girls freak out at first.
So it's almost been a month and I have yet to know what you look like? I like to know what the people look like that i'm writing to. So don't flatter yourself, you could be a dude and I'd be asking for your picture.

On second thought, maybe not.

Can't wait to hear back.
Eli"

Reading this, I can now imagine him sitting at a desk writing, playfully punching Adam in the arm. My cheeks started growing hot and I could feel it.

"She's right here actually! Yeah, she's reading his letters." I snapped my head back.

"I'm only reading one! Don't make me sound like a nut!"

She held her hand over the mic and said, "He just heard that." I was starting to get annoyed again. She was getting too into this thing. It was only supposed to be for a grade, now she's looking for a relationship? They live in Canada, and we live smack dab in the middle of the U.S. Chances were slim to none that anything would happen.

As far as it will go, is we'd talk to them during the summer. Then once it's mid-summer we'd talk less because we have other stuff to do. We'll all meet someone and stop talking completely. I needed to stay focused, don't fall for anything, and just get my easy A. (A/N. Great movie :) ).

"Can you hear me?" Sara giggled as she set her phone down.

"Yeah loud and clear," A voice said.

"Really Sara? Speaker phone?" I whispered. She nodded.

"Great! Alex is here too, say hi Alex." She poked my head.

"Hi Adam," I said teasingly.

"Hey, what's goin on?"

"Oh just listening to Sara, drooling. The usual." That hit a nerve in Sara and I grinned.

"I'm sure," he chuckled. Sara reached down and took her phone off speaker.

"I'll be right back," She told me, leaving the room. I could hear her whispering something. She came back and handed the phone to me. "Adam." She answered my confused look. I took her phone and held it to my ear.

"Hey Adam."

"Adam? No, this is Eli." My eyes grew wide and I looked over at Sara, who was smiling ear to ear, waving for me to keep talking.

"Oh. Eli. Hi," I tried sounding as casual as I could.

"What's up Alex?"

"Oh nothing much." I reached down to grab my pillow and threw it as hard as I could at Sara. Eight years of softball never ceased to disappoint me.

"That's cool. It's nice to actually hear your voice. It's a lot prettier than your handwriting." I heard him chuckle silently.

"Well you're lucky that our pen pal thing is a grade because if it wasn't I'd just stop writing to you after that comment."

"No you wouldn't." He said calmly. His voice sounded so smooth. It was deep, but not super deep. The tone that could relax you and fall asleep easily to.

"Whatever you say."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok this chapter kinda sucked, I just went with the flow.