Sequel: Thick and Thin
Status: soooo i've written fan fic before, but not in a while so bare with me.

So Far Away.

dirty details.

Sara and I took our seats in Ms. Frank's class. She announced the usual quiet downs to the students. Then she started passing out the letters. I started to feel anxious, and once she reached me, she handed me nothing.

"Maybe he was sick?" She suggested. I tried shrugging it off, acting like it was no big deal. Honestly, I was looking forward to reading his letter. Even though we mainly just talked about food, music, movies, shows, just the common stuff, it was fun sharing my thoughts with him.

"What'd Adam say to you?" I nodded my head towards Sara's letter. She handed it to me giving permission to read.

"Dearest Sara,

I hope your day is going beautifully. I know i'll find out about it tonight when I call you. I'm always looking forward to our conversations. I'm also happy that we got eachother as pen pals.

Yours truely,

Adam."

"Ugh," I gagged, handing it back. She had a dumb smile stuck on her face that's been there for weeks. "You two make me sick."

"When are you and Eli going to be talking on the phone?" She asked curiously. I shook my head.

"Oh, no. That's not going to happen."

"Why not?"

"Because...well..because..."

"Adam has told me about him. He doesn't have a reputation of being a player. He also...never mind."

"What? He also what?"

"Well, don't say anything about it. Adam told me last night that he's very...sensitive. He also told me he was bi-polar."

"Bi-polar isn't a big deal. But how sensitive is he sensitive?"

"He just left it with sensitive. He said he's a lot better now, but with his last break up when he was first going through his bi polar he was very emotional and would have break downs or freak outs or something like that." she shrugged.

"Well that's good for him." I stated. It shouldn't matter of him being sensitive, it's not like I like him or anything.

**

The next week rolled around and I still hadn't gotten a letter from Eli. I was starting to get a little worried. Why? I wasn't sure. I was laying on my bed looking at my cieling fan whizzing around in circles, feeling my hair push back from the wind. My phone started to go off and saw a picture of Sara pulling her nose up acting like a pig.

"Yeah, bitch."

"I know why Eli hasn't been writing." I sat up, brushing my hair back with my hand. "Last week he really was sick. This week Adam said they skipped class."

"Well, tell Adam to let me know I'm not going to flunk because he's being lazy," I snapped.

"Will do," She hung up and I plopped down on my pillow. I really was mad. I can let the sick part slide, but skipping class? He could at least write later. I was starting to think this assignment was a big waste of my breath. It'd be easier if it was to schools that were within driving distance so I can go and punch them.

"Made some pizza!" My mom shimmied in my room, still wearing her buisness clothes. I groaned, embarassed.

"Mom, please."

"What's the matter now? Is it this Eli boy? Is he an ass hole too?"

"You've been talking to Sara," I stated knowingly. She nodded her head.

"She showed me a picture of him. Very cute," She winked. "Anyway, I'm actually going out tonight for some drinks with some co workers since we're off tomorrow."

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" I shouted.

"I have condoms in my purse! I'm fine!" She shouted back. Wow, I thought to myself. Something I never want to hear ever again.

**

"Alex,

I'm sorry I haven't written the past two times. I'm sure you heard from Sara why. I talked to my teacher and she said she'd write to your teacher to make sure you won't get docked a grade. It was my fault, not yours.

I've just been a little stressed. I'm meeting with the NYU dean in twenty minutes, actually. This is my chance to get into a great directing school. I have a great feeling about this. I really do.

I saw something. Something terrible. I'm not quite ready to talk about it just yet. Clare keeps pushing me to, and it's getting annoying. I wish everyone would just leave me alone. If I want to talk, I'll talk. You know?

I'm apologizing again. I'm truely sorry, Alex.

Eli."

I read the note over and over, wondering what had happened and I had a feeling it wasn't seeing clowns in thongs and tutus.

"Eli,

I was a little pissed at first, but as long as I don't get hurt from it, I guess you can be forgiven. Sara tells me everything, so yes I heard from Sara.

I really hope everything goes well with NYU. I'm sure you'll be approved on the spot.

I'm here whenever you need me..."

I paused and tapped my pencil on my desk. Should I give him my number? I only wanted to because I consider Eli as a friend, and i'm always willing to help friends. I decided to go for it.

"My phone number is 555-555-8762. Text or call me when you're ready to talk to anyone, and I promise I won't badger you. I understand what it's like when people force you.
My dad cheated on my mom a couple years ago. Guess who was the one that caught him? If you guessed my mom, you're wrong. It was me. It was a nasty divorce, my dad trying to throw me in the middle of it saying it was my fault and that I was an 'accident'. My mom had me talk to a psychiatrist for a few months, all my friends and even my mom kept poking at me.

I hope you feel better.

Alex."

**
♠ ♠ ♠
I just want to say thank you for the recommendations and subscribing! :)