Sequel: Thick and Thin
Status: soooo i've written fan fic before, but not in a while so bare with me.

So Far Away.

Web Dates

He was laying on top of me, combing his hands through my hair. Each kiss sent chills up my spine and each breath seemed to gasp. He was holding me so close that I could feel his heart beating against my chest. I slipped his shirt off and he started kissing my neck. Then my alarm clock went off, and I tried shutting it off but for some reason it wouldn't.

"ALEX!" I heard my mom shout.

"We aren't doing anything wrong." I mumbled. I felt someone shake me and I snapped out of my dream.

"What?" My mom laughed. "Who are you not doing anything wrong with?"

"Eli," I mumbled half asleep still, not knowing what was going on.

"Oh. I hope there was protection in this wrong doing."

"What? Mom..." I groaned.

"Get up, you have school." As she was walking out she started dancing and moving her hips back and forth.

"I'm up mom. Just promise me never to do that." I got up and got my clothes for the day; dark blue skinny jeans, my black buckle boots, a lime green long sleeved shirt and a plain black shirt over it. I decided to make my hair wavy today, and put on the usually black eyeshadow and eyeliner. I brushed my teeth, put on deoderant, and put on my Converse.

"It's nice out," My mom gasped opening the door. It felt like it was 70 degrees out, which was nice, but I could feel my sinuses already going haywire with our weather changes. Just a couple days ago it was 35 out and snowing.

"Hopefully it'll stay," I groaned.

I slumped my backpack over my shoulder and waited for Sara to come pick me up. I could always tell when she's a block away beecause she has her music blaring every morning. Some mornings, i'm too tired and I don't like it that loud. Days like this though, I will gladly deal with it.

I could hear Brand New thumping down the street, and she was parked in front of me in her red pontiac grand prix.

"You seem happy today," She commented, putting on a blinker.

"How can you not be? It's fucking beautiful out." And I had an amazing dream, I added to myself. I didn't want to tell Sara about it, she would just tell Adam and then tell Eli.

"I wish we didn't have school, let's just skip and go to the zoo."

"I wish. I don't feel like getting suspended though." I was already on thin ice with the principal and I thought back to when I had to apologize to Zack for kneeing him in the balls. It was so worth it though.

"Did you talk to Eli last night?" She asked trying to start a conversation.

"Nope."

"That's odd.."She mumbled.

"He's not my boyfriend, he doesn't have to call or text every night."

"Speaking of boyfriend, Adam and i made it official." She said gleaming.

"Awesome." I said smiling back.

"We have a face date tonight. You should come over! Maybe he'll have Eli." I bit my lip and thought about it. "Come on," She begged. "I'm already nervous enough. It'll be easier with you there."

"You talk to him all the time on the phone. What's the difference?"

"He'll be seeing my face! Do you know how many pictures I have to take for him to find the perfect one? I have 200 photos on my phone I have to delete of myself, and I guarentee i've only sent him 4." I rolled my eyes and groaned.

"Fine." She took her hands off the wheel and clapped, causing us to swerve.

"What are you going to wear?" She asked eagerly.

"Okay, why would I get dressed up all fancy just for your date?"

"Ok miss grumpy, what should I wear?"

"Wear whatever you feel comfortable in."

"So..."She went on staring at me, waiting for an exact answer.

"Wear what you're wearing now."

"So..." She went on again.

"Fine, you can wear my black lace tank and green cardigan. You're wearing your own pants though, your ass is bigger than mine."

"You're a life saver. Now my hair."

"What about your hair?" I asked surprised. Her hair, to me, was perfect. It was naturally almost a bleach blonde, with full of body and volume.

"I want you to make it wavy liike how you make yours."

"What time is this date exactly?"

"6, 7 their time."

"Ok," I sighed as we pulled up to the school. "We'll stop at my house so I can grab the stuff we need and i'll give you a make over."

***

"Ouch! Alex!" Sara shouted as I tried, key word, tried, to brush through her thick hair.

"Where in the hell did you get this hair!?" I shouted, trying to pull the brush out. I grabbed some detangler spray and pretty much soaked her hair with it.

"It's only tangled because I had it up, just be more gentle."

She was already changed into my tops and her skinny jeans. I gave her my infamous smokey eye look with her make up and let her use my baby lips chapstick with some of my lip gloss. I had my straightner and spiral curler warming up while I attempted to rid the knots from her hair.

Once I successfully did that, I parted her hair into three sections, spraying the sections down with heat protectant. I straightened it, sprayed more protectant, then began wrapping a small section with the curler. It took about 20 minutes with how thick her hair was. On first try, it didn't look too bad at all.

I stepped back and smiled at my work, and she did too.

"You did an awesome job!" She shouted, gazing in the mirror.

"Well, your hair should hold better than mine."

"Thank you." She said seriously. She gave me a hug and I checked my phone. It was 5:45.

"I'm going to head down and see if there's anything for us to eat, you hungry?" I asked. She shook her head widening her eyes.

"Oh no. I know my luck. I'll get something in my teeth. Or it'll upset my nervous stomach, what if I get the runs?" She asked, the last part almost whispering like someone was in the house. I laughed as we walked downstairs, she sat down at the island on a bar stool while I raided her fridge, sniffing odd looking foods. I ended up making a turkey sandwhich and grabbing a coke.

"It'll be fine," I mumbled with my full mouth. I took a long drink of my coke. "Think about it, you talk to him all the time on the phone-"

"Different," She reminded me. I rolled my eyes.

"But he already knows a lot about you. Not everything, but a lot. I'm sure he's just as nervous as you are." She stood up without saying anything into the living room where she has her laptop set up on a desk. I walked into the living room with my coke and sat on the couch, flipping through the channels, until a heard a swiping sound and some music.

"It's him!" She shouted, pleading me with her eyes on what she should do.

"Answer it!"

"Oh ok." She clicked the answer button. After a few seconds I heard a "Hey what's up." Her voice got too high pitched when she was nervous.

"Not much, how are you?" He asked. I saw her shrug from the corner of my eye. I took a bite from my sandwhich.

"Nothing really, just relaxing with Alex." I rolled my eyes when she said 'relaxing'.

"Tell her I said hey."

"HEY!" I shouted. I heard him laugh.

"Nevermind." He said.

I started to watch "Along Came Polly". I was a huge Jennifer Anniston fan. It was the part when he was in her apartment for the first time after they ate the thai food. Now this is comedy, I thought to myself. I heard my phone beep.

"Hey there." It was Eli. I felt my face burn, remembering the dream I had had.

"Hey, what's up?" I replied, drinking the rest of my coke. I set my phone down and heard it beep when I was in the kitchen putting my plate in the sink and throwing out the can. I shuffled back to my seat.

"Nothing really. Just heading over to Adams." My face flushed.

"Oh, that's cool." I didn't want to see him. Hopefully Adam wont tell him I'm over here, or Sara wont say anything.

"Yeah, what are you doin'?"

"Just watching Along Came Polly." Well, I wasn't lying.

"Good film." He replied. I nodded.

"It is a good film."

"Hold on a second, Sara. COME IN!" Adam shouted. That was a hint that Eli had made it to Adams.

"Hey, Eli," Sara waved.

"Hey," He sounded out of breath. "Pretend i'm not here," He said.

"That's what I'm doing with Alex."

Thanks, Sara. Really. I thought to myself.

"Alex is there?" Oh great, I thought. I sank lower, pretending to be asleep.

"Yeah, she's on the couch watching tv." Sara answered. There was a pause, then I heard footsteps. I'm sleeping, leave me alone.

"Hey sleepy." I opened my eyes and Sara was sitting on the coffee table in front of me and I could see Adam and Eli smiling at me.

"Hi." This wasn't awkward at all, I thought sitting up.

"You didn't tell me you were with Sara," Eli went on.

"You didn't ask. You just asked what I was doing. There's a difference," I argued. He smirked.

"Get back to sleep then." Sara turned back around, and I tried catching her on fire via my mind. It didn't work.

They ended up talking until 2 in the morning, and I had already fallen asleep but Sara insisted on me to wake up to talk about what her and Adam talked about. We went up to her room and I squinted when she turned on her light.

"He is so sweet, Alex. Did you hear what he was calling me?" She squeeled, hugging her pillow. I sat down on her bed and yawned, rubbing my eyes.

"SareBear, I know I heard it a billion times."

"He looked good, didn't he?"

"Yeah, cute," I mumbled, slowly slumping over on my side, ready to fall asleep again.

"God. I never felt like this before."

"Yes you have. About Jake, Johnny, Liam, Brandon-"

"Ok, I thought I felt like that before, but this is so different. None of those guys even cared about me, they just wanted some booty. Adam knows it's impossible to get booty because, well, distance. What else does he have to gain?" She asked. I thought about it, she made a very good point. Maybe their relationship wont be too bad of a deal. I just didn't want to see her get hurt.

"Ok." I mumbled. My phone beeped. Sara laid back on her pillows and stared at the ceiling with a goofy grin on her face.

"Was that disgusting or was it just me?" Eli asked. I smiled.

"No, it was disgusting. I was perfectly asleep and she just woke me up to give me a re run."

"Adam too. He's still rambling on and on. 'Sara did this, Sara was so cute when she did that,' blah blah blah."

"Yeah, right now Sara just has a dopey grin on her face like she's on drugs or something."

"Do you think it'll last for them?" He asked.

"I really hope it does. Chances are it wont though."

"I haven't seen him this happy in a while." He replied. I looked over at Sara, still smiling.

"Yeah, same with Sara."

"He stopped talking, I'm going to bed. Good night."

"Good night."

"Oh and by the way. I'm sorry if this sounds weird, but you looked beautiful in that 10 seconds of seeing you."

I didn't answer this text. I set my phone down next to Saras bed, she turned off the light and I fell asleep instantly.