Sequel: Thick and Thin
Status: soooo i've written fan fic before, but not in a while so bare with me.

So Far Away.

Spring Break.

It was the beginning of spring break for our school and Degrassis so Eli and I have had plenty of Facetime. We mostly talked about our days and joke around about how gross Sara and Adam get when they talk to or about each other.

"What's the weather like?" He asked one night.

"It's about 60."

"I wish I was there. It's still cold here."

Secretly, I wished he was here too. My crush started to grow on Eli. He was someone that I could actually talk to about personal things or just anything. These past months, he'd seem so different from other guys. I still kept my wall up though, just in case.

"Adams planning on coming to the US to visit," Eli said while we were video chatting. I was sitting on my chair indian style at my desk.

"Sara told me." I took a drink of my bottle water.

"Of course," he rolled his eyes. "Sometime in June, I think he said." I nodded. "I might come with him. I've never been out of the country."

"That'd be cool," I said, trying not to sound too excited. "There's not really much to see. Then again, i've lived here my whole life."

"She said we could crash at her house."

"My mom could let all of you stay over one night," I added.

"She wont care?"

"Nope."

'That's cool."

"Sorry if I make you dizzy for a moment." I picked up my laptop and laid on my stomach on my bed.

"Tell me, Alex, and be serious. What kind of guy are you looking for?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, hoping that Sara kept her promise on me admitting that I liked Eli.

"What kind of qualities? Who is Miss. Tubbs prince charming?" He teased. I sighed, biting my lip.

"He has to be funny-"

"duh," Eli interrupted.

"He has to have a sense of humor, but know when to be serious. He has to know when I'm upset and how to comfort me, know the right things to say. Compliments are always a good thing."

"Hmm."

"What kind of girl do you like?" I asked, turning the table.

"Pretty much what you said. Except I like a girl that knows whats going for her, and that wants to be long term. I'm not into short term relationships."

"That's sweet," I teased. He smirked and shuffled his hair with his hand.

"Yeah, it happens." He joked.

"Hey bitch!" Sara shouted, storming into my room. "Oh, sorry to interrupt," She plopped down on my bed to see my screen. "Sorry Eli, i'm here to steal your girlfriend."

"We aren't-" I started before Sara inturrupted.

"Bye!" She closed my computer. I was a little irritated.

"What are you doing?"

"We're going to the mall. Adam will be here soon."

"That's not until June!"

"I need to plan this perfectly, Alex, or it's not going to work out."

**

"What about this shirt?" Sara held up a floral shirt with a little ruffle going acoss the chest to the hip.

"Cute," I answered. She grabbed other clothes and we went into the fitting room.

"So are you nervous?" She asked.

"About what?"

"Them coming in to visit."

"Not really," I answered. She knew it was a lie.

"You get to be with Eli for a month. How are you not going to be nervous?" She opened the door wearing that floral shirt that fit perfectly on her. I nodded with a thumbs up giving my approval.

"I don't know," I slumped my shoulders. "I guess I am, or I'll be more nervous when the time comes." She walked back into the fitting room, trying on other clothes.

"Adam and I have been talking," she started.

"Oh great."

"From what Adam has said, and from what I have said, we think you two would be perfect. Adam says Eli is actually happier now. He's never seen him like this even when he was with his other girlfriends." I felt a twinge of jealousy for the words 'his other girlfriends'.

"He also said," she went on, "that he wont stop talking about you."

"Really?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah. He talks about your eyes and how your hair falls or something like that." She opened the door wearing a white sun dress. I squinted my eyes.

"I would wear your jean jacket with that, it'll look better," I advised. She nodded and walked back in.

"As I was saying, you two are perfect for each other."

"It wont work," I stated. "Eli and I, i don't know. I'm not as trusting as you are."

"I mentioned that to Adam, about what's happened. He told me Eli isn't a cheater. He never has and never will." She walked out wearing a baggy long tank top with a vest over it.

"Cute," I commented. "And it doesn't matter if he never has. It could happen."

"Alex, please." Sara walked over to me and rested her hands on my shoulders. "Just go for it. What if it could work out? What if he never cheats on you? That's the way you need to start thinking."

When she was done buying all her clothes, 300 dollars to be exact and everything on sale with a 20 dollar off coupon, we went to the food court. I got a slice of pizza and she got a sub sandwhich.

"Adam hates mayonaise," she commented. "I can't get enough of it." She took a big bite of her sandwhich. My stomach turned. I hated mayonaise too. "He also hates root beer, but so do I."

"I love root beer." I said chewing a piece of pepperoni.

"You're just weird," She joked. I looked down at my buckled boots and kicked off a piece of thread that was resting on top of it.

We finished our dinner and she dropped me off at home. I walked into the living room, my mom in the kitchen making ramen soup. Her eyes were tired but she gave me a warm happy smile.

"How was your day?" she asked.

"Good. Sara's meeting her pen pal this summer and she wanted to get a bunch of clothes."

"Ah, to slut it up huh?"

"Mom," I groaned. "I guess, yeah if you want to put it that way."

"She text me about that. She even said Eli might be joining?"

"Yeah."

"You excited?" She asked raising her eyebrows.

"I don't know, I guess."

"It'll be fine," She reached up into the cabinate and got a bowl for her soup and poured the noodles in it. "I think you all will have a great time. Eli seems like a sweet kid. Better than that jack ass," She added, mentioning Zack.

"Whatever you say," I turned and headed up to my room. I grabbed my spongebob pajama shorts and a yellow tank, a towel and took a nice hot shower.

**

"Chug it!" Sara shouted. We were at a party with a week left of our spring break. I never really drank, and I never liked to. Sara was a horrible instigater.

I was already buzzing, my face feeling warm and the room was tilting a little. I knew I had enough, but Sara kept going. I checked my watch and it was midnight.

"Sara, let's go it's late." She giggled and tripped over her foot.

"Don't be such a party...poop. Er." She started laughing.

"Ok, time to go," I held her hand as we walked out the door. I opened my phone to call my mom to pick us up.

"Adam, hi baby," Sara whined into her phone. "Bacon shaken?" She started laughing again and I rolled my eyes and took the phone from her.

"She's a little intoxicated," I said, slightly slurring.

"And you aren't?" He laughed. I made a "Pshh" noise.

"Not as much as her. I can think. So if she says anything she wont remember it in the morning." I handed her phone back and her eyes were filled with tears. "What?" I asked.

"Don't take him away," She cried, holding her phone by her side. I laughed.

"Sara, he's still on the phone, talk to him." Her eyes got wide and put the phone to her ear.

"I'm so sorry," She apologized, hiccuping. My mom finally drove up. "I gotta go, her mom. She's here to take us away. I'll call you sometime. Soon."

"You promised." My mom said sternly as I pushed Sara in the back of the car. I climbed in the front and put on my seat belt.

"I'm not drunk, I promise. I did drink though, which is why I'm responsible and called you."

"Good girl." She smiled and went to go drop off Sara.

As soon as I got home i'm threw on my pajamas and laid in bed. My phone vibrated.

"Have fun?" Eli asked. I smiled.

"Not really. Sara's wasted."

"I bet you are too."

"I'm not. I do feel a little something but I'm not drunk."

"Right." He replied. I can imagine his smirk. I couldn't help but smile.''

"I pinky swear."

"Whatever you say."

"How are you?" I asked, trying to keep the conversation going.

"Better now."

"How so?" I asked curiously.

"Well, I get to sleep soon. I love sleep."

"Good deal."

"And I'm talking to you..."

Now if I didn't have a couple of drinks in me, this would've left me speechless.

"That's sweet."

"Eh, not really."

"I like talking to you too." I confessed. It was like my fingers just kept going and in my mind, I was saying 'Stop. No!' But my fingers, they betrayed me.

"Really?"

"Really."

"Adam told me that Sara said that you did like me, I just wasn't sure."

"I do. You're very good looking." What? Good looking? Who says that!? Me apparently.

"This might sound a little shallow, but I was very relieved when I saw your picture. I mean, talking to you with the letters you seemed really cool and everything and...yeah."

"Ah. That does sound shallow, but that's ok. I was the same way :)"

"Get to sleep, beautiful. Good night."

"Good night," I replied and effortlessly drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Crappy chapter, but thats ok! :)