Status: I work on this daily, so, please, don't worry too much about the chapters.

Sleeping Beauty

Chapter 3

Ten years later, Misaki was the prince of the kingdom. Though, Akihiko visited less often, because Fuyuhiko was still a huge critic of young rulers. Still, Takahiro was twenty-eight and had been king for the past twelve years.

"Don't you think you're a little old for this," Misaki questioned. He was currently sprawled out on top of his bed.

"Does friendship have an age limit," Akihiko retorted. He was sitting backwards in Misaki's desk chair.

"No, but, Usagi-san, you're twenty-eight, and you only ever visit me. I'm sixteen. Don't you think that's a little weird?"

"No. . .Do you, Misaki?"

"I guess not," Misaki mumbled, rolling on his stomach to look in the eyes.

"Then why are you asking me to leave? Do you want me to go," Akihiko asked, getting out of the chair.

"No," Misaki shouted as he darted off his bed and grabbed Akihiko. A blush appeared on his face before he released his grip. Sitting back down on the bed, he patted the space next to him. "Please, stay. I was just wondering why you visit me and not Takahiro. And why you still are after all this time."

Akihiko sat down next to Misaki, embracing him in a hug. Leaning them backwards to lay on the bed, he answered, "I don't think you'd like the answer, if I told it to you."

"Does that mean you aren't going to tell me," Misaki asked, cuddling further into Akihiko's shoulders.

"No. I'll tell you, if you want to know that badly," Akihiko said, looking down at the youth.

"Please, Usagi-san, tell me," Misaki whispered, resting his eyes.

"It's because I love you, Misaki," Akihiko admitted.

Misaki's eyes shot open. Forcing a push into Akihiko, Misaki fell off the bed. "W-what? That's not a good joke, Usagi-san!"

Akihiko's face fell, even though he had already known that Misaki wouldn't accept it. "I don't joke about my love, Misaki."

Misaki was still standing by the bed with the same face he had when he had received the news: burrowed eyes, wide eyes, and an open smile.

"I should go," Akihiko smiled, getting off the bed.

"N-no! Stay," Misaki yelled, tackling Akihiko by hugging him from behind. Misaki laid back down on his bed, keeping the other in his arms.

"Misaki, you can let go. I'll stay," Akihiko chuckled, turning around in the adolescence's arms and hugging him back.

Misaki shook his head with a soft "no" before closing his eyes and falling asleep.

A soft smile spread across Akihiko's face as he kissed the other goodnight. He stroked Misaki's hair for a little bit, then fell asleep shortly afterward.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the average size for my chapters. Sorry to dissappoint you.