‹ Prequel: Some What Grown Up
Status: I'm not sure how much more there will be to this series

Almost Grown Up

1/1

Alison put the letter down again. It didn’t tell her much. It was from her father, the biological one who had wanted drugs more than her. Surprisingly the letter stung. He didn’t want a relationship or money he just wanted her to know where she came from.

It was a working class background, full of people who didn’t want to work. The family business was drugs and they all kind of sucked at it. He wasn’t getting clean he was just warning her of a vast number of diseases that may or may not be in her blood.

She was alone in her bedroom at Matt’s house, him and his wife had gone shopping. They hadn’t known about the letter, she didn’t want to tell anyone. A part of her was disappointed, he still didn’t want her. She had five fathers, why should she care about this one? She felt tears run down her face and put the letter down and picked up the pile of photo’s that had come with it.

They were of various family members.

Her blood grandmother on her mothers side. She looked nothing like her but on the back the words “breast cancer” was written in an untidy scrawl. She picked up the next one. Her blood father, once again there were no similarities but on the back the words “HIV” were written in that same handwriting. She continued through the pile of photo’s each one with various diseases written on the back and none with any similarities.

There was another envelope with writing on that she didn’t recognise. It was an elegant script that slightly matched her own. She opened the letter and chocked at the pictures there, various pictures of her up until around the age of 4. The last picture was of her and an older woman who’s picture she hadn’t seen but who had a striking resemblance to her. It was her Nan on her fathers side.

Her tears flowed more easily as she read this letter. She spoke of how much she had loved Alison and how much she despised her son for what he had done. Her father hadn’t known about this letter, he had just been told to send it to her in her Nan’s will.

She was still crying when Matt came home, he had brought the rest of the band with him. They found her laying on her bed, surrounded by faded pictures crying. They past the letter around them and held her as she cried.

“One of them loved me.” she whispered as she began to fall asleep snuggled up in the middle of them.

“We all love you.” Brian told her as she felt her eyes close.

The boys stared at each other for a few moments, it felt like when they had first found her all over again, except now she was older and they couldn’t fix everything for her. Now they couldn’t just make phone calls to make her feel safe. She was still holding the picture of her maternal Nan in her hand, when had her hands become fully grown?

They watched as she fidgeted in her sleep and pushed her thumb into her mouth.

Whatever happened next, she would always be there little girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback please.