Sequel: Shameless
Status: COMPLETE! :)

My Sweet 16

Kiss Me Again.

Back to Alex's P.O.V:
I was ridiculously happy. Jack was watching Home Alone with me in his arms, leaning against his chest. I wasn't going to be moving anytime soon.

I tipped my head back, looking up at Jack, who was moving his lips, quoting the movie word for word.

He looked adorable, with his skunk hair just flopping over one eye and his eyes firmly fixed on the television screen.

I took a big risk and leant up to kiss him lightly on the cheek. Jack looked away from the movie and down at me.

"What was that for?" He asked, raising an eyebrows.

My eyes widened as I replied, blushing, "Oh, ummm... God, just forget I even did that."

He paused the movie and said, "No, Lex, you obviously did it for a reason. Now tell me."

I blinked, he sounded so serious.

"Remember when I told you about my crush, who wasn't interested, well..." I paused, thinking how best to break it to my best friend that I was utterly in love with him, but before I could say anything, Jack spoke in a voice barely above a whisper:

"It's me, isn't it?"

I nodded sadly.

Jack got up, leaving me on his bed, half under the covers, and went out of our room.

Shit, what had I done? Had I just lost my best friend in one sentence?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jack's P.O.V:
No one had ever said they loved me before. Apart from those girls, but they'd say loved just to get at my body.

But, Alex, he'd sounded so sincere; like he genuinely loved me with all of his heart. His eyes had been firmly fixed on my own when he told me, unlike those sluts who told me and then got to work on my belt.

Suddenly I realised something important. I had left Alex without saying anything. He was probably freaking out, big time.

But I needed to get my own feelings sorted out before I headed back to him.

Wait, I have feelings for Alex?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Alex's P.O.V:
Jack had just gone without saying a word to me. He hated me now, otherwise why would he have left so suddenly like that?

Tears dripped down my cheeks, as I thought about all the good times we'd had together. Uselessly, I tried to wipe them away, but they were just replaced by more.

I curled up in a ball, in Jack's bed, breathing in his unique scent. Why did I always end up crying in Jack's bed, when so often, he was the source of my heartbreak?

Faintly, I heard the door creak open. It must be Jack. Just the thought of his imminent rejection of my love, had more tears falling.

"Alex?" Jack said tentatively, my bed creaking as he sat on it.

"Y-y-yeah?" I said, sitting up and taking in Jack's messed up skunk hair,as though he'd been raking his fingers through it.

"I-I-I'm not sure of this is the right thing to say but..."

"Yes?" I prompted, my voice sounding rough from the crying I had been doing.

"I can't say I love you, because I don't, but I am willing to give a relationship a try." He said nervously, looking down at his linked fingers resting on his knees.

That wasn't what I was expecting. I had been expecting outright rejection.

"Ok. We'll try that." I said, smiling and pressing a light kiss to his forehead.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, there we have it, the last chapter of My Sweet 16. I'm Dad this fic is over, I enjoyed writing it.

Tell me what you think.

I love each and every one who either subscribed, commented or recommended. You guys kept me going. :)