Sequel: Shameless
Status: COMPLETE! :)

My Sweet 16

Oh Love.

I couldn't sleep, I had too many thoughts on my mind. Like, why did I have a dream about kissing Jack this morning, and why did having his face, his eyes, his skunk hair in my mind push me over the edge?

I don't like him as anything more than a friend.

Deciding that sleep was going to evade me all night, I got up and dressed in black skinny jeans and an old Nivana t-shirt. I crept out of the apartment quietly, knowing that Rian disliked being woken up before ten in the morning and it wasn't even tomorrow yet.

I shut the door carefully and walked away from their room. The cool night air refreshed me and I decided to go to the bench nearby. In twenty minutes, I was under the oak tree, behind the bench. I saw a figure on the bench, their blonde streak in their hair glinting in the moonlight.

Hang on... Blonde streak... Is that...

"Jack?" I said, curiously, walking towards the bench.

He turned around, "Alex? What are you doing out here at," he checked his phone, "eleven at night? On a school night nonetheless?"

I smirked, sitting down on the opposite him on the bench, "I could ask you the same question."

"Well, you know me, always the rebel."

I laughed at that, momentarily forgetting why I was out here in the first place; because of Jack and my stupid brain.

We sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes until Jack spoke:

"Do you know why I always move onto another girl after a couple of weeks?"

I shook my head.

He leant back so his head was against the bench before answering his own question, "Well, it's because they always get clingy, you know? All the 'I love you'. It makes me ill, to think of myself saying that I love them, when I've only known them two weeks at the most. That's why I move on so quickly."

I blinked, trying to absorb this new information about him.

"So basically Jack... You want to know a person better before saying those three important words?"

His fingers scraped his skunk hair back, making it fall into his brown eyes.

"Yeah. That's exactly it," he nodded, "But everyone else just thinks I'm a player, but you just get me."

I nodded, staring into his big brown eyes. Idly I wondered what it would be like to see those eyes blown wide in lust as he writhed underneath me.

My eyes went wide. I had thought that coming outside into the cool air would get rid of those sort of thoughts. Apparently it hadn't worked.

My thick eyebrows furrowed together as I tried to figure out why I was having these sort of thoughts about my best friend.

I jumped a little as I felt a touch on my forearm. I looked to my right and was confronted with Jack's chin resting against my shoulder. I felt a jolt of heat pass through my arm when I realised we were touching. Why was that?

"What's got you thinking so hard?" Jack asked, putting an arm round my waist.

I shivered at the extra contact, "I-I'm not thinking hard."

"Ok."

My heart felt like it was going to burst out of my chest, it was beating that rapidly. I could only hope that Jack couldn't hear it.

"So you're not thinking then?" Jack said.

My eyes drifted down to his lips of their own accord. I bit my bottom lip as I thought about what it would be like to kiss them, even if it was just a little quick peck. Would butterflies fill my stomach? Or would it be fireworks? Or would it just be the fusing of two alike souls?

I shook my head to rid my head of these thoughts. I didn't need to think about that when Jack's lips were just inches aw - Oh God he's licking them. He's licking his fucking lips!

That action alone had me thinking about what else he could lick. My dick for example.

I shook my head again and stood up. I checked the time on my phone. It was half past twelve.

"We should go." I said, waiting for Jack to get up and walk with me back to the apartments.

But he just flapped a hand at me and said, "You go. I'm not done yet."

"Ummm... Ok then. Bye Jack."

"See ya."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
According to my phone it was fifteen minutes past five in the morning. I sighed, since I'd gotten back from my talk with Jack I hadn't been able to sleep. Instead I'd tossed and turned on the couch, thinking about Jack.

Or more specifically, what it would be like to kiss him, to feel his hands on my skin, to push his hair back out of his eyes with my hands, to brush my fingers over his nipples, making him arch in my touch. I almost groaned at the thought.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Alex, you look like shit man." Rian said to me as we ate our breakfast.

Rian had a bagel with bacon on top; I had some Cookie Crisp drowning in milk; and Zack had some sort of fucking muesli with yogurt.

I looked up from my Cookie Crisp to glare at him, "Thanks Rian."

"You do look like you've had no sleep." Zack chipped in from across me.

I glared at them silently, not wanting to explain why I had big bags round my eyes and my hair was messier than usual. It was because of Jack, the skunk-haired guy who was my best friend, the guy I now apparently wanted to make-out with.

I shook my head. I couldn't have these thoughts when I'm going to see Jack in less than half an hour.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Hey Alex!" Was my warning before Jack engulfed me in a hug. I tried, in vain, to ignore the little sparks of pure happiness that bolted through my entire being. I hugged him back.

"Hello to you too Jacky." I answered.

"Jacky?"

"Uh... Yeah... I umm..." I stuttered, feeling my face go bright red.

"It's ok, I like it, Lex." Jack replied, laughing slightly.

He likes my nickname for him! I thought happily, a grin spreading across my face. I had to physically stop myself from jumping up and down in excitement, but it was a close call.

Oh God, I'm acting like a teenage girl. I mentally groaned.
♠ ♠ ♠
So we learnt why Jack is such a player in the chapter. And also that it's becoming harder & harder for Alex to hide his feelings, which he hasn't quiet sorted out yet.

Come on guys, give me your thoughts.

Also, I'm so sorry for the wait, with revision & suchlike.