Sequel: Shameless
Status: COMPLETE! :)

My Sweet 16

Get Down On Your Knees, And Tell Me You Love Me.

Jack's P.O.V:
This girl was all over me, her hands down the back of my jeans. I didn't even know her name. I pulled her hands out of my jeans and backed away. I looked across the the room to see Alex leaning against the wall.

He was wearing impossibly tight skinny jeans, much like myself, and a v-necked t-shirt that showed a tantalizing piece of his pale collarbone.

I went over to him. As I got closer, I could see tears in his clear brown eyes.

"What's up?" I asked him.

"Nothing." Alex replied in a broken voice.

He must think I'm stupid.

"Bullshit. There's something wrong."

"No, there isn't Jack. Go away." He said, walking away from me.

I wasn't going to let it go that easily. My best friend in the whole world was upset, I wasn't going to leave him.

I followed him outside. The night air was refreshing on my skin.

"Lex! Seriously, what's wrong? I'm trying to be a good friend here." I said to his retreating back. Alex stopped walking and turned around to face me.

His caramel brown hair shifted in the light wind, although most of it was covered by his purple beanie. The tears were running down his face.

"Don't you see? That's just it. Friends!" Alex whispered hoarsely to me before running off.

What the hell? Why had he run off after saying that? And what had that meant?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
When I got back to our room, it was going one in the morning.

As I crept quietly to my bed, I saw that Alex was in my bed, like last time. But, unlike last time, he was sleeping soundly. I tucked the covers under his chin, as I knew he liked. As I did so, however, I noticed that his face was stained with tears-tracks. I stroked his cheek softly, sad that I had caused my best friend to be sad and cry. Although the reason why I had caused him to cry was baffling me.

I pressed a quick kiss onto his hair before going to his bed to go to sleep.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
As the week went by, I noticed that whenever I picked up a girl at a club, Alex would disappear. Maybe he just needs a girlfriend. Yes, I'll introduce him to one tonight.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Alex, this is..." I squinted at the short black-haired girl stood next to me, "Who are you?"

She just shook her head and held her hand out for Alex to shake, "Trixi."

"Alex." He replied, shaking her hand.

He then looked at me and asked, "Why did you get me over here?"

"You," I said, poking him in the chest, "need a girlfriend or something."

"Jack, I-I-I don't need a girlfriend!" Alex spluttered, "Sorry Trixi, I'm sure you're lovely. But I still don't need a girlfriend!"

Trixi shrugged, "It's fine. Bye."

We watched her walk onto the crowded dancefloor.

I turned to face Alex, "Why don't you need a girlfriend?"

"Because... because... I can't tell you."

"What about a boyfriend then?" I asked.

"W-where did that come from?" He asked me in response, leaning back against the wall.

"It was a logical deduction: you don't want a girlfriend, so maybe you want a boyfriend. Am I right Alex?"

He sighed heavily before replying, "In a way, yes. But he's not interested, I can tell."

"How so?" I said, watching the girls on the dancefloor, twisting and turning.

"I just can." Alex said in a dejected voice, like someone who has given up all together.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It was the last night before collage started again and I was trying to persuade Alex to come with me, Zack, Rian and that girl of his, Cassaddee, out to a bar.

I thought it'd be good for him, considering he hadn't moved out of our room in two days.

"Come on Alex, it'll be boring without you there." I whined to the boy under the duvet.

He rolled over to face me and I gasped when I saw his face.

He had two black eyes and a large graze on his right cheek.

"Alex, what the fuck happened?" I asked firmly.

"Nothing honestly." He mumbled.

"Bullshit Lex. Tell me what happened."

He sat up, the covers sliding off him, revealing his toned chest which had a fair few black bruises on.

"So, d'you remember when I told you I was gay, a couple of nights ago?"

When I nodded, he continued, "Well, it appeared that a couple of guys had overheard me, and they basically cornered me and started beating me up."

"Who? Alex, who?" I asked, my voice shaking with anger.

In response, Alex just shook his head, "I don't know, it was so dark and my head was really pounding."

"Guess that's my revenge off then." I said sheepishly, looking at the carpet on the floor.

A hand ruffled my skunk hair. I looked back up at Alex. He was smiling softly at me.

"Means a lot to me that you would do that." He muttered.

"Ah, well, you're my best friend, of course I would go after the dickheads who beat you up." I said, blushing slightly.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
That night, we didn't go out. Instead, Alex and I ate a take-out pizza and watched Home Alone, much to my pleasure.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like this story is almost finished.

But, what did you think of Jack's P.O.V?