Status: Active

We Are the Damned

18

~violets POV~
I woke up on the ground, sore and bruised. I felt disgusting. I felt dry blood all over my arms, my stomach, my legs. I felt it on my cheek, which really irritated me because i couldn't wipe it away due to me being chained. I just sat there, wondering what would happen to me. If they kill me I'll be free. I'll never have to live my life wondering whether I'll die at the hands of someone if my secrets slip. I sign because my tongue likes to tell all my secrets but when I use my hands I think through things a bit more.
I don't know how long I laid there and thought, but at some point Josh appeared. I thought he'd come back to hit me, I thought the others would come join but instead he just sit there staring at me.

After about 15 minutes I signed to him. ' Are you going to beat me again?'
"No, No I'm not. I'm down here to find out what you are" ' I cant tell you, do you think I'm bluffing? Do you really want to take the risk of dying over a stupid little detail? why not just let me go so you don't have to deal with me?' "Because of Angelo. He won't let you go." 'Angelo will forget about me, he has forever to find somebody better.' "you really don't know how this whole vampire thing works do you sweetheart? And may I add, you've got some balls to do some of the shit that you've done and said the past week. " 'Look, I don't care if I die, I don't care what happens to me.' "Why not?" 'you don't care, you're just curious'

Maybe that sounded a little harsh, but it's true. Who really gives a shit about me? Little ol' Violet marrionet. He continued to try and get some answers out of me but I didn't budge. I've been through this way more than once. I've lived longer then them all. After a while, Josh left.
Maybe lying to them isn't the best idea, maybe I should tell angelo.
I sighed heavily and sat down. I concentrated hard and used what strength I had left to disintegrate the chains. I pushed myself to my feet and swallowed my tears back thickly. I took small steps to the door that opens to the living room. I pushed it open gently and saw that nobody was in there. I let out a deep breathe and tip toed up to Angelo's room. As soon as I opened the door I could see a softly sleeping angelo. He looked like a wreck. I walked over to the bed and shook him gently and his eyes shot open. I could tell he was surprised but i put a finger over his mouth to silence him. I took a deep breathe. I could feel my throat tightening as I opened it to speak for the first time in 400 years. I took several more deep breathes before actually getting some words out. I meant to say ' I owe you an explanation' but all that came out was a cracked and barely audible few words that added up to 'owe y-yo-yo-you ex-e-e-exp-plantion' He looked really startled to hear my high pitched voice for the first time. After a few minutes of me earning enough courage to speak again, I rested my hand on his and began "Angelo, I know that this doesn't make much sense to you but the reason I don't talk is because, well. I guess I should just start from the beginning now shouldn't I. 753 years ago I was born. I wasn't yet a mermaid but I was a natural witch.

when I was 15 I began dabbling in witchcraft and black magic. I got into to things I shouldn't have and long story short I became a mermaid. I'm sure your fimiliar with us, but I didn't want to use men and women for no reason. Until I did the stupidest thing I could think of.. I fell inlove. Everything was going great until he found out and when he did, he not only broke up with me but, one night I was walking back from the shore and he cought me. He did these horrible things to me Angelo. You won't understand until you see them...." He nodded intentily and I rubbed the back of his hand with my thumb while sending one of my darkest memories to his thoughts.
~flashback~
"You little whore"
"N-NO. No Alex. Please. Please stop." I pleaded to him but his eyes were blackened with anger and rage. He jumped ontop of me and ripped off my shirt. His eyes grew lustful. He licked his lips. "a whore for everyone but me." He pulled a knife out of his pocket and dugg it into my stomach. I withered in pain underneath the knife. He traced foul words into my skin for hours. ' Whore, slut, freak, cunt ,ect.' I continued to scream nomatter how bad it stung my throat. It was no use. Nobody was coming to my rescue.One by one he ripped out my nails. He cut out patches of skin. He burned my hair,dug out my eyes from the sockets, cut off a few fingers, broke my ribs, cut out my vocal cords, branded his name into my throat and raped me. I was alive through it all because just like vampires, mermaids live for an eternity.
~end of flashback~
When I the connection stopped I could feel the blood fall from my eyes. But I continued with my explanation "Because of what he did, I cry blood, and whenever I remember him the scars bleed and I can feel that pain all over. I have nightmares, I can't eat. after years you'd think I'd be over it but Im not. plenty of vampires have kidnapped me and have 'fallen' in love with me but they've all dropped me because I'd never talk to them. I'm talking to you because unlike everybody else, I love you just as much as you love me.The reason I have accepted living here is because their's no reason for me to live. I don't care if you drink me dry of kill me. Beat me or rape me or abuse me. Because I hate myself more than anyone could imagine. everything is my fault. I've killed so many people. I deserve it."
♠ ♠ ♠
title goes to fireworks