The Journal Entries

1 February, 2012 1115AM

She made me come in for a session this morning, the shrink, so my boss told me to take the day off for my emotional health. I just got home and have been watching the telly for a few minutes, but I decided I should do something productive for my "emotional health" and write in this stupid journal for a while.

I told the shrink about my journal today, and she said it's okay for me to keep writing in it as long as it's helpful rather than detrimental. I don't really know how it's supposed to be detrimental, but I really do feel like it's helping. I guess I could ask her next week how to tell if it's helping or hurting me.

So today we talked about Oliver. And I was hesitant to talk to her about it at first, but the more we talked the more I opened up. She really made me think about things, which is what I really needed to do--to step back and get perspective on the whole situation. She told me that I will be effected by the situation how I let the situation effect me. She told me that if I let him to speak to me the way he has, and if I let myself believe the things he says, I will--ultimately--feel the way I've been feeling recently.

I've never heard anything so true in my entire life. It's so simple, yet I've been paying 50 quid per session to have her tell me. Whatever, I really don't mind. To be honest, it's kind-of nice to have someone to talk to without putting any walls up.

I'm making a to-do list for tomorrow and the first thing on the list is to call Oliver. I won't allow him to make me feel this way anymore.

x,
Carlie