The Journal Entries

9 January, 2012 1247PM

You know, I really think this journaling thing is good for me. Last night, after I wrote in this stupid thing for a few minutes, I fell right to sleep. I guess it does start to help after a while. I wrote about all of the things running through my mind, and it was as if I’d let them all go when I closed the book. I know that sounds kind of cliché and ridiculous, but it’s true.

I didn’t go to work today, since I didn’t sleep well last night. My boss wasn’t too happy that I called in, yet again, but she said I have to be there tomorrow. Which I will. I’m not going to make a habit of missing work over this. I’m not going to make a habit of losing sleep over this.

I’m going to go on with life as if nothing ever happened. As if I never met Oliver in the first place.

Even if he moves in next door, I’m going to pretend I don’t know him. I’ll act like he’s just a new neighbour, a quite attractive one, and leave it at that.

As much as I keep telling myself that, I just don’t know if it’s all that easy. I really hope it is, because I’m starting to get sad again. Like when he texted me this morning to ask if we could do lunch tomorrow (I didn’t text him back until a few minutes ago, since I was still sleeping), I couldn’t bring myself to say no to him.

Maybe going to lunch with him will be good for me. Maybe I’ll take it as an opportunity to explain to him how he makes me feel, and maybe he’ll realize what an arse he’s being and just leave me be.

x,
Carlie