Status: In progress, lovelies <3

I Don't Mind If You're Overrated

You Hit Me Once, I Hit You Back

Well shit. I’m so fucked now.
“What are you doing here, Jared?” I asked, sighing.
“Of Mice and Men is my favorite band. I thought you would have known that,” he smirked.
“Leave me alone,” I muttered.
“I’m just wondering why these guys would hang out with a band slut like you,” he laughed.
“Maybe because she’s Shayley Bourget’s sister,” Tony growled, cracking his knuckles. Ohhh damn.
“Yet she’s fucking around with you guys? Wow,” Jared scoffed.
“Back the hell away from her,” Jaime said, grabbing my arm and pulling me behind him, Tony and Mike in an attempt to hide me.
“Aw, but remember all those fun times we had together?” Jared smirked.
“Stop,” I said, my voice cracking. Kellin left Vic’s grasp and wrapped his arms around me, trying to comfort me.
“Remember how we used to go out for car rides and listen to your brother’s band?” Jared asked, his voice growing more sickly sweet by the minute.
“Please, stop,” I whispered.
“Darling, shh, it’s okay. We won’t let him hurt you,” Kellin whispered, rubbing my arm gently, avoiding touching my tattoo. I rested my head against his chest.
“Stop it, man,” Gabe said.
“You don’t want to fuck with us,” Mike said.
“Remember how we used to listen to your brother sing to us while you screamed and begged for me to stop-” Jared finally growled.
“SHUT THE FUCK UP!” Jesse yelled, finally saying something and cutting off Jared. The group went silent, staring at Jesse in shock.
“Let me handle this,” I whispered, kissing Kellin’s cheek. I stood up straight and walked around to face Jared. “Dating you was the biggest mistake I’ve ever made. You’ve fucked me over so many times. You cheated on me. You raped me more times than I can count. You abused me as much as my uncle did. I’m fucking done. I’m not going to sit here and take your shit anymore. I’m 18 years old, not some scared little bitch that is going to sit back and let you hurt me. I should have listened to Drew. Drew kept telling me to leave your sorry ass. I know I should have. I just wish that I did it sooner. But now? I’m finally free of you. I have my own family, and I’m finally moving on and I’ve found someone who is so much better than you could ever dream to be. Now get the fuck out of my life before I let my guys take care of you,” I said, pointing to the bands I was standing with.
The whole group stared at me in shock. It was then when I noticed that my brother and his band had walked in. They were all standing there, mouths hanging open.
“Security should be here to take care of him any second now,” Jesse sighed, rubbing his temples.
As if on cue, security came over and removed a struggling Jared from the premises. I sighed, leaning my head on the closest shoulder. It happened to be Tony’s. He rubbed my back gently as I felt tears running down my cheeks. They all crowded around me, making sure I was okay.
“Look, I just need to be alone for a little bit and think,” I said, smiling sadly.
“Vic, deberíamos realmente dejarla en paz? (Should we really leave her alone?)” I heard Mike ask.
“Sí, quiero estar sola por un poco (Yes, I want to be alone for a bit),” I answered in perfect Spanish.
“White girl can speak Spanish,” Jaime grinned, laughing a bit.
“Bienvenidos a la familia, hermanita (Welcome to the family, little sister),” Vic said, pulling me into a hug.
“I appreciate it. Can I go back to the bus?” I asked.
“No. What if he finds you and we’re not there?” Shayley asked.
“Fine,” I sighed. “But you owe me something later.”
“I already paid for your new tattoo, you can deal,” he winked, walking off to talk to Tony, who had gone over to get a water bottle.
“You wouldn’t let me pay for it though!” I yelled back.
My brother is so frustrating sometimes.
“If it’s any consolation, your tattoo is fucking sick,” Austin said, pulling me into a side hug. “By the way, please stick around for our set. I have a surprise.”
“Alright,” I said, smiling softly. “It had better be worth standing out here in this unbearable heat.”
“What happened to liking the heat?” he smirked.
“I’m just finding a reason to make you feel bad,” I giggled. I pecked his cheek then skipped off over to Kellin and his band, leaving Austin blushing and grinning. “You guys will be great, I know it.” I gave each guy a quick hug and kiss on the cheek.
“Thanks. And if that asshole ever gives you any trouble again, let us know,” Jack grinned, kissing my forehead.
“I’ll be sure to come straight to you,” I half-joked. These guys really did feel like my protective older brothers. I loved them all for standing up for me against Jared.
“You better,” Kellin said, adjusting his jacket.
“Sleeping With Sirens to the stage,” the overhead speaker called out.
“You’ll be great!” I called to them as they ran on stage, yelling and jumping around like the hyper-active goofballs they are.
“They really are one of the most energetic bands ever,” I smiled, walking back over to Austin.
“It’s true,” he said. “So how’s Drew after the posts I made?”
“He’s doing fine. I talked to him earlier. School still sucks, but he said it could be worse,” I sighed, leaning into his side.
“Well that’s decent, I guess,” he said awkwardly. “It’s not good, but it’s good that it’s not as bad as it could be.”
“I think I lost you somewhere in that, but I get what you mean,” I shrugged, taking a drink from my water bottle.
Over the next couple hours, Austin and I talked with each other and to the rest of the bands and his band mates. I’d never felt so comfortable. I know I had Drew and his family, but I always worried his mom was a bit judgmental of me. Eventually, Of Mice and Men got called to the stage. I grinned, and sat on a couch with Kellin side-stage.
“He really does like you. I can totally tell,” Kellin said, smiling softly.
“How?” I asked.
“Well, he looks at you the way that I look at Vic. I can see the adoration and gentleness of his eyes. He blushes slightly, and he smiles,” Kellin shrugged, turning me around to play with my waist length red hair.
“You think so?”
“Darling, I know so.”
“I want to bring out someone very special right now. We’ve only been friends for a short while, but she’s grown to mean a lot to me. I’m very fond of her. Destrey Bourget, get your pretty face out here!” Austin shouted.
“Go, love,” Kellin grinned, shoving me out on to the stage.
The boys started playing My Understandings, and I broke into a full smile. Austin wrapped his arm around me while the boys played. At the end of the song, he turned me to face him.
“Destrey, I’m a total mess, and I can be a lot to deal with. But you’ve become my best friend, next to my band, and I was just wondering if you would like to be my girlfriend,” Austin said into the microphone with a hopeful grin on his face.
“I’d love to,” I grinned back. I looked over side stage and saw Kellin and Vic standing there, hi-fiving and grinning and screaming like maniacs.
I was sent offstage, and was tackled by Kellin first.
“Come on a double date with us sometime,” Kellin grinned, bouncing me around like an idiot while keeping his vice-like grip on me.
“If you’ll ever let me breathe again, I’d love to,” I gasped. I was certain I’d started turning blue.

Austin’s POV
Well that was absolutely the most nerve-wracking thing I’ve ever done in the entirety of my 23 years of being alive. But she said yes. I know that she and Kellin will be planning double dates already. Kellin was such a girl sometimes it made me grin.
We finished the set, and the show was over. We ran backstage, and I picked Des up in a huge hug and kissed her forehead.
“You were great, love,” she whispered, kissing my jaw.
“Thanks,” I smiled back.
“So Kellin and I planned for the four of us to go to a diner he loves in Las Vegas tomorrow night since we have a free night,” she grinned.
“Of course you and Kellin already planned a date,” I chuckled. Kellin shot me a sheepish grin while blushing. I smiled back and mouthed ‘thank you’. Now I didn’t have to stress over our first date like I would have.
“So what do you want to do?” I asked her.
“Can we have a Star Wars marathon?” she asked shyly, blushing.
“Yes!” I nearly yelled. “I call dibs on marrying you. You are perfect. Guys! My girlfriend loves Star Wars!”
“Shush, Austin,” she giggled, slapping my arm gently.
We walked back to the bus and popped in the movie in the back lounge. We were lying on the couch together after we had changed into PJ’s. Halfway into the first one I put in, she was fast asleep. It was then when I noticed she had a text on her phone.
Jared: I know you’re dating Carlile now. I will get you back, darling. XO Jared
Aw hell no.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh damn, more drama.
But Des and Austin are together now YAY!!!
I would have updated earlier but I have to act like a grown up sometimes and go to work.
Thank you so much for all the support guys. It means more than the world to me, especially since this is my first fanfiction.
Follow my Twitter if you fancy a chat: @KiwiiYDG
Xx, Kiwii