Status: Finished! Find the references and I'll write an epilogue.. :3

When Everything Feels Like the Movies

Chapter 12

"Alan, once you decide that I'm worth your time and secrets, call me. Until then, just... Stay away. I can't keep being the only one who's the open book, I can't be the only one who cares." Austin said as he walked out my home. He forced himself to close the door to my apartment shut, leaving me standing alone calling his name waiting for him to come back, so I could be in his comforting arms.

Austin wanted to know more about me, my dreams, my secrets, my life. I couldn't just tell him straight up, I carry a lot of baggage.

I grew up for the first seven years of my life with my mother. She was constantly working to keep us going, which she did. I had never met my father, until I was walking home alone from school one day alone. I saw a man, he claimed to be my dad, he took me to his house. He knew my name, and that was enough for a seven year old in search of a father figure to go with him. He did in fact, turn out to be my dad, but he done awful things to me that night, I told my mother when I returned home that night. She saw the bruises, I couldn't hide it. She then had to explain why my father did leave, it was a lot of a seven year old to understand, but I do now. He was an awful man, if I knew any better I should never have even talked to him never him mind let him take me away for a horrible beating. I never saw him again, I remained with my mother until she remarried when I was twelve. At first, my mother forgot about my existence. I would wake up every morning, she would be gone. I returned from school and I was completely alone until she would stumbled in drunk and disappear in her room with her new boyfriend. This went on until I was fourteen, when she finally married him. My mother continued her lifestyle until one day she saw my bruises, but these were from bullying. She was back in my life again, but of course the bullying continued, I just fought through it all. My step father was weathly, so money wasn't a problem in our lives. In fact, he pays for every I own now, I don't work, I want to play in a band. I've played guitar since I was little. I have friend who play instruments, but no one for vocals, not anymore anyways...

As you can see, I can't just tell Austin my story straight up, I wish he could understand that. It's hard, I wanted Austin to be mine so quickly because I just needed love. Lucky, my parents were supportive of me being gay, so were my friends, but society wasn't. I needed Austin, I had to go after him.

I quickly threw on a pair of shoes I had sitting near my door. I ran out my door, not bothering to even lock it. I could faintly see him in the far distance, it was dark, I could see he was afraid. I ran as fast as I could over to him. I finally caught up.

"Austin wait!" I panted out of breath.
"I told you Alan, stay away from me," he continued to walk, but faster.
"Please Austin just listen, I'll tell you everything you want to know, but come back with me please," I begged.
"Alright," he said.
♠ ♠ ♠
first of all, no offence to alans parents im sure they are lovely people...thanks to everyone who reads daily and comments and recs and stuff, weloveyouall

-ivyxcreature