Status: Finished! Find the references and I'll write an epilogue.. :3

When Everything Feels Like the Movies

Chapter 17

I tucked Alan into my arms as he spilled his story. He told me everything, how his mother had died, how he couldn't afford to live in his apartment anymore because his stepfather cut him off, how scared he was of losing his cats, the only beings to love him constantly. He cried on and off during the story and I just held him through the entire thing.
After he had said everything, I just squeezed him lightly against my chest. He trembled, a delicate little shudder. I pressed my lips to his forehead, feeling as though if I made any harsher movements, he'd just fall apart on me.
We sat in comfortable silence, Alan hiccuping every so often and I rubbing his arms slowly.
"Are you okay, sweetheart?" I murmured, nuzzling his hair sweetly. He nodded, his soft ginger strands shaking.
"Yeah. Thanks for coming back," he whispered hoarsely, his voice rough from crying.
"It's no big deal. I love you, I'd do anything for you."
His hand that was resting on my chest, curled and twisted in my shirt, damp from his tears.
"I love you too. Austin, you're the best thing that ever happened to me."
I stood up, setting him on the couch. He looked up at me quizzically, his face stained with tear tracks, his eyes rimmed red.
"Where are you going? Are you leaving? Please don't leave me, Austin!" Alan's voice rose in pitch, his hands reached out desperately, hands grabbing for me. I grabbed his hands and turned them over, pressed kisses to the palms of his hands.
"I'll be right back."
I turned and took two long steps to the door, tugging it open and grabbing the presents I had brought for Alan earlier. I sat back down on the couch, setting the roses on the cracked coffee table and Alan immediately latched onto my side, cuddling up.
"They're beautiful, the roses," he said timidly, reaching out to touch a pale finger to a crimson red petal.
"Just like you," I kissed his forehead as my fingers fumbled with the clasp of the box blindly. I finally got it open and shook the bracelet into my hand.
"Wrist."
"What?"
I sighed. "Hold out your wrist, Alan."
He pulled his left wrist from where it was sandwiched between us and held it out. I clasped the bracelet around his skinny wrist, turning it so the silver plate faced up. He squinted at the plate, trying to read the scrolling script.
"Austin, what does this say?" He inquired, looking up at me with those big doe eyes that I loved.
"It says semper fidelis. It means always faithful," I pulled him tight against my side. He pressed his face against my chest. I could feel him smiling into my shirt. "It's my promise to you that I'll always love you, that I'll always be here for you."
I felt Alan smile even wider into my chest, felt his hands push me back onto the couch. I looked up at him in surprise, saw his eyes full of tears but his lips curled in the biggest smile I had ever seen. He pounced on me, attacking my lips with his. His lips tasted salty from the fresh tears dripping down his cheeks but I knew that they were good tears.
"I. Love. You. So. Much," he punctuated each statement with a hard kiss, his lips moving against mine desperately. I grabbed onto his hips to keep him from moving his body against me, not that I didn't want him to but because I needed to stop this from getting out of hand.
He stopped moving on top of me and sat up, smiling, wiping his eyes.
I grinned up at him, thumbing his hipbones. There was a question on the tip of my tongue, ever since I found out he wouldn't be staying in his apartment anymore.
"Alan Anthony Ashby, will you move in with me?" I said suddenly, looking up at him, hoping he'd say yes.
His jaw dropped. "Really?" he whispered in disbelief.
I nodded. "Since you don't have a place to stay and since I love you so much, I literally don't think I could live without seeing your face every day so I might as well," I teased, "But if you have other plans..."
Alan leaned forward and crushed our lips together once more, tangling his fingers in my short dark hair. I pulled his hips down onto mine, trying to get us even closer than we possibly could be. We lay there and kissed for what seemed like hours. It might have been a few minutes, maybe even a few sunlit days. But it was heaven and I wouldn't have wanted to share it with anyone else.
Alan pulled back, his lips swollen from kissing me so hard, his pupils slightly blown, his hair a wreck. I was sure I didn't look much better but it was a beautiful look on him and a sight I looked forward to seeing for a very long time.
"I'd love to," His eyes were full of love. I grinned up at him, pulling him down for another kiss.
Alan was my everything. He was my light, my moon, my stars. He was the pulse of the ocean in my veins, the hum I hear in my ears late at night when I'm trying to sleep. I would love him to the ends of the earth, onto the stars and forever. Sure, we've had our ups and downs but I knew, deep in my very soul, that we would always find a way back to each other. My life would now, and forever, be about him. I would pick up his broken pieces and make him feel beautiful once again.
Just like in the movies.
♠ ♠ ♠
IT IS THE END. IT WAS A FUN RIDE YES?
Wow. Okay. Shit beginning but it turned out okay right? Right? Please tell me I'm right ;~; Anyways. I put two references to music/books and if you guys can find them, I'll write an epilogue to this. Perhaps even a little smut action, yes? ;) Or fluff. Whatever you guys prefer.
I'll just stop talking now.
Oh yeah! And thanks to everyone who subbed, recommended, and commented! You guys mean the world to us! You guys are all perfect and shit!
-VivaciousVanity