Status: Finished! Find the references and I'll write an epilogue.. :3

When Everything Feels Like the Movies

Chapter 3

I drummed my fingers on the counter impatiently. Only a couple more minutes until I could go hang out with Alan, aka cute guy I met completely by chance. I huffed a sigh and rested my chin on my fist, still staring at the large clock on the wall.
Time really could not go by ANY slower today.
"Hey Aust?" Marceline, my boss, peeked out of her office.
"Yeah, Marce?" I turn towards her lazily, one eye still glued to the clock, as if I took my eyes off of it for one second, it would run away.
"You only have a couple more minutes until we have to close up shop and I can see you're getting antsy so why don't you take off?" she smiled at me.
"Really? Are you sure?" I straightened up, a smile spreading across my face.
"Yeah, go on ahead, I'll lock up," she grinned and made to move back into her office.
I immediately pulled my backpack from underneath the counter, swung it on my back, and dashed out the door, yelling a quick bye to Marceline.
I hummed a song to myself as I walked down the cracked sidewalk to the cafe Alan wanted us to meet at. My footsteps formed an unrhythmic drumbeat on the pavement. Kind of spooky. Could someone be following me? My heartbeat quickened, my palms began to sweat.
I could hear quick uneven breath behind me. Cool fingers of paranoia danced up and down my back. I twisted my fingers tighter into the straps of my backpack and I took a quick breath to steady myself.
Just take a look Austin. Just look.
I spun around, completely expecting to see a nightmare ghost behind me but there was nothing. The street was empty except for the rays of the sun.
Calm down, Austin. Now is not the time for paranoia to set in. You have a coffee date with a very cute boy. Breathe.
I took a few deep breaths to steady myself and continued on to the warmly lit cafe.
As soon as I opened the door, my eyes immediately started searching for that mop of ginger hair. I spotted him, sandwiched between the window and the rack of plastic coffee mugs. His brow was furrowed as he turned the page of his book and I instantly recognized the book he bought from me earlier that day.
I slid into the seat across from him and set my things down. When this failed to attract his attention, I cleared my throat rather pointedly.
He looked up, startled. I laughed and he laughed with me when he saw that it was just me.
"Hi there. What's the book?" I pretended not to know.
"The Sound and the Fury," He replied without missing a beat.
"Oh, Faulkner."
"Have you read it?"
"If you are quoting that play to me, I am seriously now in love with you. I loved performing Sure Thing in drama."
"Me and my best friend, Katie performed this play when we were kids," He grinned. "I know every word perfectly, to this day."
I'm in love.
Well that escalated quickly.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was written at like two AM. Sorry if it's shit .-. #sorrynotsorry
Also, what the fuck is up with Austin.
YOU'LL HAVE TO KEEP READING TO SEE WON'T YOU.

And now onto ivyxcreature! We shall let her deal with this cesspool of awkwardly written crap.

-VivaciousVanity