Status: Finished! Find the references and I'll write an epilogue.. :3

When Everything Feels Like the Movies

Chapter 5

Despite the cool (okay, maybe freezing) wind, I grinned to myself. I was walking Alan to his apartment because the weather got too sketch for us to hang out longer.
I glanced to my side, only to see a shivering ginger.
"You cold?" I asked him, getting a quick nod in response.
I grinned. Time to make a move. I extended my arm and pulled him against my side, letting my body heat warm him.
"How- How are you s-so war-warm?" Alan chattered, nuzzling his cold nose against my chest. It was adorable, he was completely adorable. My heart swelled in my chest before I let out a small laugh.
"I was born this way?" I suggested.
I could feel him pout against my side. "It's not fair. I'm always cold," he scowled, still trusting me to lead him in the right direction.
"Then I'll always keep you warm," I teased him. "Also, would you mind looking up? I don't know where your apartment is you silly."
He looked up and pointed at a block of apartment complexes. "There. I live there."
We headed over and I walked him to the door. "You wanna come in? It looks like the thunderstorms getting worse," Alan asked, the door to his apartment squeaking open.
I checked my watch. Why not. It's not like I had someone to go home to.
"Why not," I smiled, stepping in the door.
Alan reached behind me as he closed the door, bringing his warm breath close to my skin. My breathing picked up for just a second but he pulled away a second later, having just turned on the light.
"Welcome to the Ginger Palace," he laughed, stepping back. It was a tiny apartment, a sagging brown couch squished up against a worn cat tree tucked against the wall against which was a small entertainment system. "It's not much, but it's mine. And Mitten's. And Simba's," he scratched the back of his head awkwardly.
"Your cats?" I eyed a small ginger kitten and a bigger black cat snoozing on the cat tree.
"My babies," he said with soft look in his eye.
The already dim light in the fixture above us flickered and I flinched.
"Don't worry Austin, I don't think it'll go out. It doesn't really go out here," Alan tried to reassure me.
As soon as he said that, the light flickered out.
A moment passed.
"Well I jinxed that shit didn't I," Alan's voice was dry.
I laughed uneasily. The dark always gets me. The feeling of alone, the fear, the-
I squinted against the bright shining from Alan's phone that he held above his head.
"Come on Austin, we can go cuddle in my bed," he grabbed my hand, not giving me a chance to answer.
We entered a dark room and I caught a glimpse of walls covered in posters, a guitar settled carefully on a chair, and a bed dominating most of the messy room before the light from Alan's phone was extinguished.
I heard something hit something soft and almost instantaneously felt a momentous tug on my hand, yanking me forward. I crashed against something in the dark and heard a whimper of pain.
"Ow fuck that was my forehead," I hear Alan whimper, his voice very close to my ear.
"Shall I kiss it better?" I smiled even though he couldn't see me in the pitch black of his bedroom.
"Please." I could hear the smile in his voice.
I gently lowered my lips.
"That was my chin, silly."
I moved up a little bit, kissed again.
"Nose."
I tried again.
"My eyelid. You're getting closer."
I finally kissed his forehead, hearing a little giggle emanate from him.
"Better?"
"Better."
I felt him shift underneath me onto his side. Sensing what he wanted, I rolled onto my side, snuggling against his back. I draped my long arm around his waist and he laced my fingers with his.
"You know, I don't normally cuddle on the first date," he teased, his giggle lingering in my ribcage.
I nuzzled my nose into his soft hair.
"I must be special then."
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow what an awkward ending. Drama will be coming soon. Long chapter I know. I hope you suffered through well enough.