Status: Enjoy! o;

In The Language, Of Machine Guns.

Chapter One

I walk down the rocky path, past the trees and benches, my head down. Everything smells like rain. Must have rained during school.
I make my way up the driveway to Devin's house, the only place I'm supposed to go after school. There was a note left on the door for me. I rip it off of the glass door and sit on one of the three white plastic chairs on the front porch:

"I went to the market. Wait on the porch until I get back. I shouldn't be long.
~Devin"

He thinks I'm stupid. That's his only excuse for everything, and I'm not allowed to question him if he doesn't come home with bags. He cheats on me, almost everyday. The first time I actually believed he was going to the market, it took him 5 hours. Then he came home wasted.
I unzip the front pocket of my backpack and pull out a brand new pack of cigarettes, taking the plastic off and tossing it in the bushes. Just then, Devins car pulled up into the driveway. Huh, he must have really went to the market this time.

He rolls down the window and scowls at me. "What did I tell you? No cigars near my house," He rolls the window back up and exits the car, making his way towards me. I roll my eyes.

"You're such a hypocrite. You smoke too," I mumble, handing him the pack. He smiles and takes out his keys to the front door, sliding one into the lock carefully. I stand up and wait behind him as the door opened.

Once inside, I drop my bag and grab the remote, flipping through channels. "Boring, Boring, Boring, Boring," I say to every channel I pass. Devin sits in the kitchen, talking to what seems to be his mom. She doesn't like the fact that we're dating, and neither do I really. I'm always forced into relationships, but I've never had one as bad as this. I honestly love Devin, but he hurts me. And If I leave, I'll be alone. And about the age difference, Devin looks like he's 17. So that wouldn't matter.
"Devin," I wander into the kitchen and wrap my arms around him, setting my head on his shoulder. He looks at me and mouths the words, "Go away,".

I whimper slightly and move away from him. He says goodbye to his mom, hanging up and setting his phone on the kitchen counter.
"When I'm busy you don't fucking bother me. Got it?" He brushes past me and opens the fridge, getting out a bottle of Miller Lite.
"But we hardly spend time together, you're always busy, and you always forget about me. I mean, not to be rude but if you're going to ask someone out you should at least spend time with them." I cross my arms and glare at him, which was the wrong thing to do. He slaps me, making me cry out, and leaving a bright red mark on my face.

"Don't demand shit under my fucking roof." He says sharply. I nod slightly and walk past him, holding my cheek.
~
I examine my cheek in the mirror, A brand new bruise forming, making it hard to move my cheek without a sharp pain. Devin walks into the bathroom and watches me with heartbroken eyes. He runs over to me and wraps his arms around me tightly.

"Baby..I'm so sorry...I swear I didn't mean to...Please forgive me-"

"I have to go."

I grab my bag and walk out of his house, shaking my head in dismay. Every time he hits me, he apologizes 2 seconds later and acts like a whole new person. A vicious cycle. I mean, I know he really means it though, doesn't he? He has to..
~
I walk up to my house, noticing a big U-haul truck next door. The man in the back of the truck waves to me and gives a creepy smile, and I put my head down, pretending not to notice.

"Dad, don't act like a pedo," I hear someone say. I look up and see a brown and blond haired boy in black Vans, an Asking Alexandria shirt, and black skinny jeans. I smile slightly to myself. I want to say something but I'm too shy to talk to anyone other than my brother and Devin.

He walks across the lawn and sticks his hand out. "I'm Matt," He smiles, waiting for me to shake his hand. I do so, and nod.
"Oliver.." I manage to get out in a whisper. He takes great notice in the bruise on my face. It had gotten darker.
"You okay?" He strokes his thumb slightly across my cheek, making me wince. I shake my head and sigh. He moves my hair out of the way and examines the bruise more.

"Who hit you?"

"I fell,"

"Lies,"

He kisses his finger and lays it on my bruise, making me blush. He smiles and fixes my hair, ruffling it a little in the process.
"Make sure you get ice on that-"

"Son, I need your help," His dad calls from the truck. Matt groans and pokes my shoulder.
"See you later neighbor,"
~
1
2
3
4
"Mom, stop it." I sigh, watching her take down shot after shot. She pays no attention to me and keeps taking more down.
5
6
7
8
"That's your eighth one. Stop!" I shout at her. She looks up at me and sits the shot glass down. I take it away from her and go back to doing homework.

"How'd you get that bruise?" She asks in her drunken voice. I pretend not to hear her and go back to reading my world history book. I look at the clock, which reads: 11:58pm.

Good.
Brandon will be home soon.

"Answer m-me child," Mom stutters, staring at the bruise on my cheek. I shake my head and just stare at the book, waiting for Brandon to come in with food. I'm starving. Since my mom lost her job and doesn't really do anything, Brandon buys the groceries, brings home dinner, and pays the bills. He's like dad, whoever that was.

"I need to shower," I say when mom tries to reach over and touch my bruise.

"Tell me where the bruise is from before you go anywhere," She demands, grabbing my wrist.

"Devin hit me okay?!" I pull away from her and walk upstairs, locking myself in the bathroom. I can hear her yelling to herself about Devin. I look at the bruise once more. It makes me look uglier than I already am. I sigh and slip off my sweater, scars running down my wrists. I take off my jeans and boxers, more scars around my thighs. I glance at myself and bite my lip, to keep from crying.

I'm so ugly, it's ridiculous.
I'm so ugly it makes me wanna cry.

Brandon knocks on the door.
~
"Oliver, You okay in there? I bought food.." He says quietly. I bury my face in my hands and start crying.

"Oliver?" Brandon knocks on the door once more, his tone worried.
"I'm fine.."
"You're lying,"
He opens the door, his eyes widening.

"Brandy I think I cut too deep.."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
Hope you enjoyed! o.o