Status: This takes place during season 6, however I most likely won't follow the full story line. This is my first story in forever, so I hope you like it. :)

My Whitelighter

Chapter 4 -- My Whitelighter?

Callie's p.o.v (until I say otherwise. :))

Once I realized what I was doing, I quickly backed away from the hug and cleared my throat. I was hoping the awkwardness would kind of go away, but it didn't. I took a few more seconds before sitting down on the edge of my bed.

"Um…Can we just forget about the hug I just gave you? It's kind of awkward."

Chris chuckled at me before shaking his head. He had this smile that seemed to light up the room but at the same time I could tell something was off about his smile. I use that smile a million times when people ask me if I'm okay. Something must have happened to make him lose his light.

"I think it's best if you stay at the manor with me and the girls."

My first instinct was to say no. I struggled to think it through without just dismissing it. I know it's a logical thing to do. However, I have trust issues. No matter how good the sisters, Leo, and Chris have been to me…I still don't like to trust anyone so much.

"I don't know, Chris."

I got up off the bed and looked around to see my stuff was already packed, seeing as I just moved in like a week ago. I haven't had the time to actually unpack and it would only take Chris seconds to orb us to the manor. I'm not sure the girls would like for me to intrude like that though.

"Either way, I have to get you out of here before he comes back. "

He gently grabbed onto my waist and orbed us to the manor. The second we orbed into the manor, I was expecting him to immediately let go. Instead he held onto me and when I looked up into his eyes…I didn't want him to let go. Why am I falling so hard for him? This is like one of those crappy stories where a girl falls for a guy instantly. I don't want this to happen to me.

The girls walked into the room a second later only to give us shocked looks. We were holding onto each other just looking into each other's eyes. I didn't want to break apart from him, but I knew I shouldn't get close to him. Finally, I backed out of his arms.

He cleared his throat and took a second to recover before reluctantly turning his head to talk to the girls. I wasn't expecting to hear what he had to say though. I almost wish I would have put my hands over my ears like a child.

"I believe the source just attacked Callie."

I wasn't the only one who was giving him shocked looks. I've heard about the source before. The source is…well, the source of all evil. The source of hell. Why would he be after me? I didn't even have any powers…well, none that I know of.

"Why?"

We all seemed to ask the question in perfect harmony. We should be in a singing group or something. I wanted to laugh at my thoughts but I knew it wasn't the appropriate time. I've had a rough day; I'm allowed to be a little wacky, alright?

"I don't know. What I do know is that we need to get to the book of shadows and figure this out."

The girls all groaned in unison and went up the stairs in their pajamas. I sighed, knowing they should be sleeping right now but because of me they aren't. Me, Leo, and Chris were the only ones still standing in the living room.

"Well…uh, this is awkward. Can I go home now?"

Leo and Chris both looked at me with an eyebrow raised but chuckling at my impatience and awkwardness. I know, I make things a million more times awkward without meaning to. But hey, it's part of who I am.

"You shouldn't go home, Callie. If Chris is right, the source is after you. He's a very powerful demon. Not even the sisters have vanquished him yet."

Thanks Leo. -.- …. That so didn't make me feel any better. That just means that Piper, Phoebe, and Paige are risking their lives for me. That's not acceptable. No one is going to fight my own battles for me.

"I'll handle him myself or something. The girls look tired, they should sleep."

When Leo looked at me I could have sworn something flashed across his facial features. Something like guilt, pain, or sadness. Maybe a combination of all of them. I may not be a therapist or whatever, but I know when something is off about someone like my observation about Chris's smile earlier.

"Let us help you, Calls."

I furrowed my eyebrows at the nickname Chris had just given me. I haven't been called Calls since before I dropped out of high school. The nickname brought back so many memories. It made me miss the good old days.

"Why do you want to help me so much anyways, Chris?"

Chris gently grabbed onto my hand. My first reaction was to pull it back, but I knew he had something important to say. Whatever it was, he looked like he needed to prepare himself for it.

"I'm your whitelighter."

My Whitelighter? I never thought someone was actually watching out for me. I never thought in a million years that I'd have this guardian angel type thing. I don't like it, to be honest. I don't need anyone looking out for me. I can look after myself. No one has been there for me since my aunt died and I'm certainly not going to count on anyone now. I scoffed at Chris.

"My whitelighter? I don't have one of those."

Chris sighed. I guess Leo took that as a hint to leave because he orbed out. I pulled my hand away from him and turned around so that he couldn't see my face. My mom always used to tell me that my eyes were like an open book. She said you could always tell what I was feeling just by looking into my eyes. I've tried to keep my expressions neutral, but I won't take the chance. I don't want anyone knowing how I'm feeling.

"Why is it so hard for you to fucking trust me, Callie? You've done it before, why can't you do it again?"

I turned around, not caring how much my eyes were giving away. I didn't care if he knew I was upset. I wanted to know when in the hell I trusted him.

"Excuse me? When have I ever fucking trusted you?! I don't trust anyone, Chris. I'm definitely not about to start trusting you."

Chris started to look angry. I figured he would just scream, orb away, or slap me. Turns out that I was correct about the screaming part.

"Why can't you remember the future where we're from?! You loved me and you trusted me! I just want you back! Why is it so hard for you to let me help?"

I looked at him, taken aback. What does he mean by that? I'm not from the future…that's impossible. What does he mean by I loved him? He has surely never had me before, so how could he want me back? I'm sure confusion flooded my eyes as I demanded my explanation.

"What are you talking about? And don't you even think about lying to me."

He had some serious explaining to do, my friend. I wasn't going to let him out of it until he told me every last reason for the things he just said to me.