Status: I'm working on it, this is my first story please leave comments <3

Indigo

Ten: He's Gone Now

Alex’s POV
Oh my god. I thought as I tried to convince her as much myself: “You’re going to be okay.” I cried with her until the guys found us. I looked at Lil because this is something she has to tell them. She was still crying when she looked at me and mouthed “I can’t.” so I told them for her. “Lily, um, she uh, she ha- well the doctor called and Lily has lung cancer.” I stumbled in a pained voice. They all stood silent until Jack pulled us into a group hug and we cried together.
** ** **
Lily’s POV
It’s 5:00am and we are leaving for the airport so the guys can get on tour. Since yesterday, Alex has been trying to come up with ways to get out of going, but I’m making him go. After they leave I have first appointment for chemo. All I want is for Alex to be there, but I can’t take him away from his life just to have him watch mine fall apart.
I came back to reality when I heard the car stop; we’re at the airport. Alex looked at me and I almost cried right then and there by just the sight of tears welling up in his eyes. I had to be strong; I was going to have to be strong from now on.
We sat silently as we waited for their flight to be called. I kept telling myself I would be fine, but when they actually had to leave I realized I wouldn't be fine. I hugged Rian first; his hug was firm and loving, he had a look of concern in his eyes and I whispered into his hair: “I’m going to come out of this alive, don’t be worried about me; that’s my job.” His eyes lit with slight lemon zest joy, I could tell he was still doubtful, but we left it at that. Next was Zack, who picked me up off the ground with ease and hugged me surprisingly gently, I kissed his temple and he smiled sadly down at me; no words were exchanged, but none were needed. Then Jack ran up to me and squeezed me hard with tears in his eyes, then mumbled into my hair: “Don’t leave us kid.” I nodded and cried into his chest: “I’m going to miss you guys.” He rubbed my back and turned me slightly so that I was facing Alex. Alex walked up to me, pushed a piece of hair out of my face and just stared at me for a good five seconds. Part of me wondered if we would ever be able to do this again. Part of me wondered if I would be here to greet him when he got home. Those parts of me were smothered by Alex’s lips. He kissed me with such agony and intensity that I forgot everything. We were full-on making out in the middle of the room as people walked briskly around us and it was purely magical. The kiss was needy, yearning, tortured, and tear filled and I didn't want it end. Their flight was called one last time and he pulled me into one last hug.
“I’ll try to be here when you get back.” I whispered as I lost my friend, my hug, and my something to believe in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks everyone! We're into the double digits and I'm feeling good about this story.