Status: I'm working on it, this is my first story please leave comments <3

Indigo

Nine: Can't Breathe

Lily’s POV
Before bed that night I was glowing happy with lime green because Alex was my first boyfriend in a while and I was in love witch made me feeling particularly pink. The bright colors fell into and anxiety ridden burnt-orange as my chest pain came back. I was fine, right? Oh god, I can’t breathe. I was freaking out on the inside and started coughing loudly.
Alex’s POV
I woke up to a faint sound. I walked around my apartment to figure where it was from and realized it wasn't even in my place. I walked out the door in my boxers and a pair of sneakers because no one should be awake at 3:00am. As I knocked on Lily’s door I recognized the sound as coughing and began to panic. I banged on the door until she opened it looking distraught.
Lily’s POV
I stopped coughing but my chest hurt really badly. I opened my door when I heard panicky, loud knocking. Alex stood there looking adorable and concerned at the same time: messy bed hair, boxers, Nike high-tops, and a scared face. “Sorry, did I wake you?” I asked him. “Oh my god Lil, are you okay?” he asked while hugging me and then corrected himself. “Sorry; Lily”
“My chest hurt really badly and I feel short of breathe, but other than that I’m fine. And you can call me Lil, I was being too sensitive before, but only you can say it.” I informed.
“Okay, um do you want to go to the doctor?” he asked; still concerned for my health.
“Alex, it’s like three in the morning.” I said looking at the time on my stove.
“So, there’s a 24-hour clinic across the street if you don’t think it’s hospital worthy.” I knew he wouldn't let up unless I went so I nodded my head in compliance and we walked across the street looking rather odd. A girl with a sports bra, pajama pants, and no shoes holding her chest and a hot, almost naked rock star running across a normally busy street at 3:20am: not weird at all.
We were told they had to do multiple tests on me and I was most uncomfortable with the whole thing. I've really hated hospitals ever since I saw Angie in one 4 weeks ago. This wasn't even really a hospital but it was close enough. I felt queasy as they stuck an IV into my arm but calmed as the morphine began to drip.
When they finished, I was relieved and they said they would call me tomorrow with the results. Tomorrow made me even queasier than IVs; tomorrow is my last day with Alex before he goes on tour. He would be on Warped Tour for the whole summer starting tomorrow. I pushed the thought out of my mind and tried to focus on not stepping on something as we crossed the road.
When we got back, Alex insisted on staying with me the rest of the night. I took some pain meds and some sleeping pills (probably more than recommended). I fell into a paranoid, drug induced sleep with the vague memory of arms around me.
I woke up feeling cold and turned over looking for Alex. He wasn't there. I squinted at my alarm clock to check the time; 12:30 it blinked. Ugh why didn't it go off? I sat up in bed and had simultaneous pain in my head and chest. Wow, better call in sick to work since I have the lunch shift today. “Alex?” I called when I heard shuffling somewhere in my apartment.
“Yeah?” he popped his head into the room.
“Hi.” I said because I couldn't remember what I was actually going to say.
“Hello gorgeous.” He replied and I blushed. “Don’t blush, you know it’s true.” He insisted and I tried to sit up again and this time I was successful but still felt like my lungs were trying to break through my rib cage. “The show starts at five, but I think you should get some more sleep. I’ll wake you up at four and we have to go to sound check at four-thirty.” He said reading something off his phone.
“Okay” I yawned and fell back into a brain pulsing, lung pounding, cloudy, grey sleep.
I was woken by Alex’s lips on mine and then his breathe in my ear. “Wake up princess.” He told me and I groaned.
“I’ll be in the hallway in 20 minutes.” I promised and got out of my warm cocoon.
When I was dressed and ready to go, I grabbed a “granola” bar as I told Alex they were, but they were actually weight loss bars. I don’t need him on my case about how I eat. I walked into the hall and Alex was already waiting. “Nice to see you’re eating.” He said with a minty, white genuine smile and that made me feel really guilty. I coughed in response and we headed to the venue.
When we got there all the guys could tell I wasn't feeling myself so they kept trying to cheer me up, but I couldn't laugh without feeling death creep up my throat so they left me to rest while they did sound check.
I was watching my amazing boyfriend and his best friends having the most fun I've ever seen someone have in front of thousands of screaming fans, when I got a call.
Alex’s POV
I walked off stage expected to be greeted by Lil, but she wasn't there. A member of one of the other bands informed me that she had run out crying not more than 30 seconds ago. I ran out the door and around a winding hallway to find Lily curled into a ball sobbing on the floor. “Was it really that bad?” I tried to joke, but the pain in her eyes told me now was not a time for jokes.
“The doctor’s office called.”
“And?”
“Alex, I have lung cancer.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Woah, plot twist! Thank you guys for commenting and subscribing!