Status: active

We All Want Love

Chapter 1

"I hope you are getting ready for my brother´s birthday party on Friday." my best friend Rebecca said with enthusiasm.

"I don´t know. I have- " I couldn't even finish.

"Come on! You have to go! You should enjoy the life! All you do is studying." she said with accused tone.

"Rebecca, this essay is very important. It must be done by the next week." I have a lot of work and cooperate school with my job in a coffee shop was not the easiest thing.

"Please just one night. You´ll go insane from all that studying. It´ll be fun, I promise." she begged me so desperately to go.

"All right, I go." She screamed from happiness and hugged me. I know how stubborn Rebecca can be, so I rather agreed. Arguing with her is a waste of time.

She was right. I really needed to change my thoughts from all that studying. After I broke up with Robert, I have no intension to socialize with anybody. I still couldn't get over him. School and my job were the only two things that could distract me from my inner sadness. I was just tired of anything in my life. These times all I wanted to do was sleeping.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The breeze ruffled my long straight hair, before I stepped out of the taxi which brought me to Rebecca´s house. I tried to fix my hair and outfit before I knocked on the door. I was wearing short black dress and high heels which showed off my long skinny legs. I had a red lipstick on my lips which contrasted with the dress and my blond hair.

After knocking on the door, James welcomed me with a hug and let me in. After a long friendship with Rebecca, it was natural to be friend with her brother James, too.
Looking around, the house I was filled with a lot of people. James is famous hockey player who is playing for Pittsburgh Penguins, so I should have expected it. There were his good friends, some old friends from school and of course his teammates.

The party went pretty well so far. I talked with friends I hadn't seen many years. After all, I was glad I came here. Having fun was all I wanted. I had no intension to meet anybody new. I just wasn't in the mood for men in general.

Rebecca, unlike me, was on a hunt. She had a long time thing for Sidney Crosby. She was chasing him all night. Watching him, it was hard to say if he felt the same way with her. He was still holding back. He might be very shy or he might have tried to be gentleman to her.
Also, there was another person that caught my eye. At the bar, there was this tall Russian picking up some absolutely drunk chick. His ego was so big. Typical hockey player, I mumbled to myself.

At the midnight, I had already some shots of vodka but I felt alright. But James Neal couldn't say the same about him. He was totally wasted. He couldn't keep his balance. The only thing he was able to do was holding a bottle of vodka in his hand. After all, he was the birthday boy so we should have expected that.

It was around two in the morning when I went to the toilet upstairs the house. Opening the door, there was James totally wasted lying on the floor. I tried to wake him up. He didn't even open his eyes he was just mumbling something. While I was trying to wake him I heard someone´s laugh from the stairs. It was Malkin with that drunk chick. Obviously, they were going to some room to have more privacy to themselves. Evgeni immediately stopped laughing as he realized that next to me was James.

"Lazy? What happened?" he looked at me like it was my entire fault that he was lying there.

"It just wanted to go the toilet when I found him like that." I said desperately because I didn't know what to do. He kneeled next to me trying to lift him from the floor. We tried to wake him up with some water and hoping he would respond.
The girl who was with him was just starring at us. Obviously, that situation ruined her plans with Malkin so she had just gone away without saying anything. He didn't even realize that. All he cared about was to wake James up somehow. When he started to react, we decided to get him to his room. While we were taking him to his room, Neal accidentally spilled vodka on Malkin's shirt. Then, we put him to bed. Suddenly, James started to laugh so hard.

"You two are the real Russians. Everyone in this house is drunk except you two. " He was laughing so hard like it was the funniest thing ever.

"Are you Russian?" he asked curiously.

"Yeah, a little bit." I nodded shyly in Russian. I knew he was Russian before but I had no intension to let him know that.

"What do you mean by 'a little bit'?" he was still confused.

"Well, my mum is Russian and I was growing up there, so, you know..." I didn't want to tell my whole life story to some hockey player. Even though, he's cute. I mean no, not cute. Yeah, not cute.

"Oh." was all he said. He looked at me with his shining eyes as he heard Russian from my lips. We starred at each other for about ten second. God, you can get lost in his big dark eyes pretty easily.

"I should find Rebecca to help us and also can get you some clean shirt." I pointed at the spot on his shirt. He nodded still looking at me which me more nervous. I needed some excuse to leave the room, because I was hypnotized with his eyes.
I tried to find Rebecca, but she was nowhere to find. As well as Sidney. Interesting. Moreover, the house was so empty. There were about 3 people and they were all asleep so I came back to James´ bedroom. While I was downstairs finding Rebecca, Malkin had time to change James from the dirty clothes.
"I couldn't find anybody in the house. But I think we can find some clothes for you in James´ wardrobe." I found some sweatshirt big enough for him to wear and I gave it to him.
Without hesitation, he started to put off his dirty shirt in front of me. I tried to act like it was not a big deal. I couldn't help myself from not looking at his body. Damn. His wide shoulders, a broad chest, chiseled abs and... I stopped dreaming when I realized that he noticed me starring. He just smirked and I automatically felt the blush tickling over my cheeks.

"I have a lot work tomorrow, but I don't now if I should leave him like that when his sister is nowhere to found." I had to go home before I would look like a bigger idiot that I already looked.

"I stay with him. You can go if you really have to." I could heard a little sadness in his voice.

"Oh, I don't know." I felt bad leaving him alone with James.

"You can give me your number and I'll call you tomorrow if he´s ok." I nodded and I put my number in his contacts. After I gave him back his phone I could see a little smirk on his face.

"I'm Evgeni by the way." he said with a smile on his face.

"I'm Lucy." We shook hands. His hand was big. But his touch was soft.

"Lucy." he repeated my name. From his mouth my name sounded so different. So lovable.

"Thanks. Sorry, I really have to go." After saying goodbye I called myself taxi. When I came home I couldn't wait to get into my bed. But it was hard to fall asleep when all my thoughts were about him. What an idiot. What a sexy idiot, I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first story ever. I hope you´ll enjoy it. English is not my first language so there can be a lot of grammatical mistakes. Please, be gentle to me :) I would be so thankful for any comments. Let me know if I should continue to write or no.