Status: Editing little mistakes.

Bride to Be

Five

Back at my apartment, I changed into leg-hugging skinny jeans, black pumps, a ruffly white tank, and a leather jacket. Stephanie gave me the directions to the club in the parking lot. She told me to meet her there and that it costs $10 to get in.

I drove to the club with confidence. I was thinking up all of the things that could happen. But when i pulled into the parking lot, my nerves got the best of me. I shakily got out of the car. I shut the door and stood there for a minute, just staring at the club.

I could see blue, green, and pink lights pulsing through the windows. The music was so loud, I could hear the pumping bass 100 feet away. I walked towards the club with my head down. One foot in front of the other i reminded myself. I didn’t want to fall. Maybe it was a bad idea to wear heels.

I reached the door and the bouncer looked at me with a stern expression. His lips were in a grim line. He meant business. “Ten dollars.” He mumbled. I handed him a ten and he unhooked the velvet rope for me. I shuffled in and I was immediately bombarded by Stephanie. “You’re here!” She hugged on me.

She was drunk. I shook her off as sweetly as I could. “Mason looks so cute.” She slurred. I smiled a tired smile at her. This wasn’t going to be fun. She crooked her finger and wiggled it towards herself, directing me to come closer. “You should jump his bones.” She whisper-giggled in my ear.

I pushed her away in disgust. “I think you need to go home Steph.” I hinted. She shook her head quickly, then wobbled. I caught her shoulder. “Come ov’r here and ming-le.” She hiccuped.

I let her drag me over to where Ivan and Mason were sitting. Masons face brightened when he saw me. He stood up. “You made it!” He hollered. “We were thinking you were going to bail on us.” Ivan pondered across the table. I shook my head. “Has this one been putting a damper on your mood?” I asked them.

They both shook their heads. “Actually, she’s the life of the party. She keeps cracking jokes.” Ivan snorted. I nodded and helped Stephanie into a chair. She resisted and stood back up.

“Less go dance Ivan.” Stephanie held out her hand and smiled broadly. Ivan took it and led her out to the dance floor. I plopped in a chair across from Mason. He leaned forward. “How are you?” He asked, then took a sip of is cocktail.

I chuckled. “Why do you always ask me that? Besides, you only saw me a couple hours ago.” Masons smile grew wider into a grin. “I’m just concerned about your well being.” He joked. I shook my head, laughing. “Good to know.” I smirked.

We both looked around the club and watched people making a fool out of themselves. Some people were so bad, I had to cringe and look away. “D-do you want to dance?” Mason gulped. Mason nervous? That’s a first.

“I suck at dancing.” I confessed. He shrugged. “So do i, and that’s not stopping me.” He pointed out. I scratched my chin. Do i really want him to see me dance? “Come on. I’ll make you look good.” He purred. I threw my hands up. “Fine! You win!” Mason fisted both hands, like he’d won a prize from a drawing or something.

He stood up and held out his hands. I took them both. He let go of my right as we walked to the dance floor. I swallowed my pride and started moving in time with the music. “There ya go!” He cheered. I blushed and stopped. Mason grabbed my hips and started moving them. “I know you can move, you just need a little push.” He winked.

I covered my face with my hands. Here Mason was moving my own hips for me. I took his hands off my hips and started moving in time with the music again. I closed my eyes to concentrate which way to move. Left, right, left. Suddenly, Mason was right up against me. My eyes flew open and there he was, watching me. He was pulling out all of his best moves.

I felt like an awkward bird, trying to dance next to this sexy panther. I shook my head inwardly. I need to stop watching Animal Planet. Mason grinned and moved his hips with mine. Same direction, same beats. “Don’t concentrate. Just let go.” He spoke loudly in my ear. I nodded and tried to follow his hips.

Mason stopped and placed both his hands on my shoulders. “Desiree. Let go.” He coaxed. The song changed to As Your Friend by Chris Brown. He got as close as he could and started moving his hips. I closed my eyes and listened to the music. “That’s my girl.” He purred in my ear.

I opened my eyes to see I was in perfect time with him. “You can dance Desiree. You lied.” He grinned at me. I shook my head. “You just taught me how.” I answered. “I guess that makes me a great teacher.” He beamed. I laughed and we started jumping up and down. He stayed close to me the entire time.

This was the highlight of my week. A new thought passed through my mind. I’ve got to get to know Mason. I liked him. More than he knew. More than I knew myself.