Status: Editing little mistakes.

Bride to Be

Seven

The next morning, my hair was all over the place. I cast my tired eyes to look at the clock. I had to be at work in twenty minutes. “Shit!” I cried out. I tore off my clothes and threw them in my dirty clothes pile. I jumped in the shower and conditioned my hair. I rinsed off with soap and scrubbed my face.

After wrapping towels around my hair and body, I threw on miss me jeans, and a mint v-neck. I wrapped an infinity scarf around my neck and slipped on my shoes. I stuck a headband in my wet hair and quickly swiped on makeup. I locked up my apartment and hurried outside.

Thankfully, things were slow at work. Stephanie had her head on the counter. A few customers were ambling around the back of the store. “Sorry I’m late!” I whisper-yelled to her as I passed by. She waved her hand, signaling it was fine. She didn’t lift up her head to acknowledge me.

I ran to the back to set down my stuff and came back out. “Hangovers suck don’t they?” I clucked my tongue. “It’s not my first rodeo miss.” Stephanie growled. “Then why keep repeating it over and over again?” I questioned.

“Because I can. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go lay down. Seeing as there are no customers at the moment.” She disclosed. Stephanie staggered to the break room. I took my post at the counter and flipped through bridal magazines.

Marsha, one of my regular customers, came rushing to the counter with eight dresses in her hand. “Woah! Eight dresses this time?” I asked her. Marsha nodded excitedly. “They want to use your dresses in a fashion show! They told me to pick out the most gorgeous dresses you carried!” She exclaimed.

My mouth fell open. I took each dress one by one and scanned the tags. They were the most gorgeous, and most expensive. “Your total is two thousand, eighty-four.” I gulped. Marsha handed me a platinum credit card. I swiped it and the machine beeped, indicating the money was withdrawn from her account.

She signed her name with the machine-friendly pen and the receipt started printing from the other side of the counter. I grabbed a pen from the bucket of writing utensils and asked her to sign. She signed, happy to buy eight dresses without a single regret. “Will my store make it in the papers?” I asked, my eyes low. Marsha was just about to head out the doors.

She looked back at me. “I’m sure it will. I will definitely let you know.” She grinned and left. I scanned the store and the other customers didn’t seem to be checking out soon. I rushed to the break room to tell Steph.

She was laying on the table, using her jacket as a pillow. “Steph!” I whispered-yelled again. If i yelled, she would throw a punch. “What?” She groaned. “Marsha just bough eight dresses.” I started. “And?” She looked at me with tired eyes. “Those eight dresses are going to be featured in a fashion show!” I jumped up and down.

She sat up. “Really? That’s great Des.” She seemed genuinely excited. I tottered over to her and gave her a hug. “We did it.” I beamed. Stephanie shook her head. “Nope. You did it. I’m just here for the ride.” She praised. I grinned at her and walked back to the counter.

I rung up customers and finished the day with a positive attitude. Steph left and I stayed. I roamed around the store looking at the dresses. A thought crossed my mind. One that I hadn’t thought about since last night. The way Mason kissed me.

Before I met him, I thought relationships were overrated. Now, I believed. I traipsed all over the store, in a happy bliss. I smiled to myself. Life couldn’t get any better than this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pretty inspirational chapter, if you ask me. :) Haha, more to come ;)