Status: Editing little mistakes.

Bride to Be

Eight

The next day, I slept in. There was no work today. I awoke and made coffee. I opened up my laptop and checked Facebook. There were two little notifications by the friend request icon. One was from Ivan. I accepted it. The other was from Mason. I bit my lip, to keep from laughing. I didn’t think he was the type of guy to have a Facebook.

I accepted it and went to look at his profile. His profile picture was of him holding up both arms. A triumphant smile was spread across his face. He had on his signature boxing trunks, and he was shirtless. I looked through all of his pictures. Most of them were of him boxing. He was quite popular. There was even a page made by fans.

I was starting to feel like I was dating a celebrity. Woah. Hang on a second. We aren’t dating. We just shared a kiss together. A hot one. I wonder what would’ve happened if I let him drive me home. I put a halt on my crazy imagination.

My phone buzzed. It was Mason. My heart leapt up into my throat. Why was I so nervous to open a text? Get it together. I opened the text message.

Rangers game @ 2? I’ll swing by to pick you up.

Millions of butterflies formed in my stomach. I felt like I was in high school all over again.

Sure, see you then. I replied.

I glanced at the clock. It was twelve thirty. I showered and blow dried my hair. I shrugged on white shorts, and a Texas Rangers t-shirt. I slipped on my tattered, white Vans. I threw my hair up in a ponytail and put a minimal amount of makeup on.

I grabbed my sunglasses and stuck them on top of my hair. By the time I was done getting ready, it was one thirty. I heard a honk outside my apartment. I grabbed my purse and shoved my phone in it.

I strolled outside and saw Mason sitting in his truck. I could hear country music blaring inside. As i got closer, he opened his own door and jumped out. He met me halfway and enveloped me in a tight hug. I could get used to this.

“Hey.” He smiled down at me. I gazed up at him. “Hey.” He walked to the passenger door and turned to look at me. What is he doing? He opened the door and extended his hand out. I laughed and took it. He helped me up inside his truck and shut the door.

He ran around to the other side and hopped in. “Mama raised you right.” I teased. He glanced over at me. “We’re matching... Kind of.” He noted. I looked over at what he was wearing. A red Rangers shirt hugged his arms, and he was sporting white cargo shorts. “How cute.” He mimicked.

I laughed loudly. “So what made you decide to go to a Rangers game?” I asked. “Well, my brother wanted to go with me. I bought the tickets two months ahead of time. He called yesterday night, telling me he couldn’t go because of an emergency swim practice. So, I decided I’d pick you, so we could hang out again.” He directed a sweet smile at me.

I put my hand over my heart. “That is just the sweetest thing anyone’s ever done for me!” I teased. “Hey, don’t joke around. I don’t choose many girls to come and hang.” Mason playfully threatened. We chattered the whole way there. When we didn’t talk, Mason sang along with the radio. He exaggerated his movements which cracked me up.

Once we found a parking spot, It was 2:15. “Dammit.” Mason cursed underneath his breath. “What?” I asked. “We’ve already missed fifteen minutes of the game!” He exclaimed.

He got out of the car before I could answer. I quickly got out and followed him towards the entrance. I caught his arm and placed both hands on his shoulders. “Don’t worry about it. We still have two hours to see it.” I soothed him.

I ran my hands from his shoulders to his chest. My eyes flickered to his and he watched me for a few seconds. He nodded and took my left hand in his. We started walking towards the ticket counter. His hand was big and warm.

Mason handed the man at the ticket counter our tickets. The man wasn’t really a man. He was more of an adolescent. He looked about eighteen, merely a kid. “Here you go sir.” His voice squeaked. Mason nodded and led us down the stairs to our seats.

Mason stopped at our seats and looked over at me. “You hungry?” He questioned. I nodded. “Let’s go get some hot dogs or something then come back.” He suggested. “Yeah. I’m starving.” I placed a hand over my stomach. “Can’t let my girl starve.” He winked and led me to the food counters.

Did he just call me his girl? Butterflies erupted in my stomach and I tried everything to shoo them away. Mason ordered us hot dogs and cokes. “I’ll pay for half.” I fished for my wallet. Mason held up a hand. A large one in fact. “Uh uh. Nope. I’m paying.” He broke in.

“But-” I started. “End of conversation.” He cut me off and handed the cashier a twenty. He got his change and we ambled back to our seats. When we got to our seats, a man in his early twenties had taken my seat. “Sir, I think you have the wrong number. These are our seats.” Mason said.

The man barely looked at Mason. He was wearing a striped polo and khakis. Ralph Lauren. “Nope. I think you have the wrong number.” The man taunted Mason. I could feel him heating up next to me.

Mason stepped forward, food in hand. He got really close to the mans face and started speaking. “Listen pal, these are our seats. Get your ass up and beat it, or we can take care of it, right here. Right now.” Mason said through gritted teeth.

The man sighed and got up. “Keep walking jackass.” Mason uttered, so only I could hear it. Mason took his seat and I took mine. “Let’s eat!” He hollered.