Masquerade

Prologue

.
.
.
Joey
Have you ever been so stuck in a rut that all hope of escaping it seemed nearly pointless? Well, I can tell you personally ... it's completely worth it in the end. I met this guy, his name is Blaine Anderson, and he's given me a lot of courage and hope in the time I've known him.

Before I tell you about how amazing Blaine is, I'm going to give you an introduction of myself. I am Joey B. Rizzo, but most people call me J.R. for short. I'm twenty-one years old and I've lived in New York my entire life. I've always been the loner type, though, there are times when I feel like I need to socialize a bit here and there to have a sense of sanity.

I started attending the New York Academy of Dramatic Arts -- NYADA, for sure -- two years ago. Of course, I had to join the show choir group, Adam's Apples, for one reason: it was my outlet when the teachers made me want to just quit. A few months ago, we got a new guy. I think his name was Kurt ... something or rather. I've always been only a first name person until Blaine came along.

I've always considered myself to be a bit of a floater, never staying with the same group of friends or people for longer than a few weeks, if that. When I joined Adam's Apples, I felt like there was a solid foundation there that I've never truly experienced before hand. They welcomed me with open arms and ... I've never felt the need to walk away.

You see, I've never felt like I've ever had a voice. No matter where I went, I was cast as back up vocals for those who apparently always out done me. I mean, it's in a way no different here, but there are times when I will be asked to step up and sing lead. Then Blaine came along, and I truly found my inner voice.

Strangely enough, though, I hated him when he first walked through the door of NYADA.

Blaine
I felt lost. I wished that I had never met Kurt, because if I hadn’t met him, I’d still be happy, Blaine Anderson, student of Dalton Academy and part of the Warblers, but I’m glad I met him, know why? If I hadn’t met him, I never would have met Joey. Joey helped me find my way, and he’s been by my side ever since.

The New York Academy of Dramatic Arts, NYADA, was a big deal around McKinley, at least in the Glee club. Two of our best went to NYADA, Rachel Berry and Kurt Hummel. I decided I wanted to see it for myself. I took a plane to New York to see it.

Kurt and I had been together up until about six months ago, when I made a terrible mistake that resulted in our break up. It took a while for him to forgive me, but we’re friends now, and whenever I’m in New York, I stay with him.

Now, Joey B. Rizzo, he’s one of the Adam’s Apples at NYADA, when I first met him, I hated him. He was one of those ex-lone wolf types. A guy who’d found a place in the world but still stuck to the loner habits. Maybe that’s what called me to him, even though I felt like running.
♠ ♠ ♠
Self-InflictedMurder (Z): New idea, yeah? I'm writing from Blaine's P.O.V. Usually I'll have a Track List in the A/N, so if you're looking for that here, it'll be after C's note.

Rainbow Platypus (C): We're making your dreams come true by pairing Blaine (Darren) and Joey (Richter) together. Be happy.

Track List
How To Be A Heartbreaker (Glee)
Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go (Glee)
Copacabana (Glee)
Creep (Glee)
Mamma Mia (Glee)
I Still Believe/Super Bass (Glee)
Bye Bye Bye/I Want It That Way (Glee)
Cold Hearted (Glee)
Closer (Glee)
Shout (Glee)