Masquerade

Blaine

.
Blaine's phone buzzed and began to ring, an alarm he'd set to remind himself of the time in case he spaced out in the morning.
"School!" Blaine nearly knocked over his empty coffee cup, scrambling out of his chair and racing for his bag, still on the La-Z-Boy, and digging for his hair gel.
"Shit!" Joey downed the last of his coffee, which was now cold, and bolted for his room, nearly crashing into Blaine who was headed to the bathroom.
Five minutes later, Joey was shoving the door of the bathroom the rest of the way open (Blaine hadn't bothered to close it, he was just gelling his hair.) and grabbed the hair gel.
"You take too long." He grumbled, watching as Blaine finished his hair and threw away the now-empty container of gel another five minutes later. His hair still curled at the ends but given the time, Blaine tried to ignore it and they left the apartment, jogging down Seventh street. NYADA was about the same distance from the apartment, so it took them only a short time to reach the school and find it almost completely deserted.
"It's Saturday!" Blaine exclaimed.
"I know." Joey replied, grinning.
"You knew!" Joey's grin turned sheepish and with the sound of crinkling plastic, he withdrew a bag from his jacket pocket and extended it to him.
"Redvine?" With a glare and a suppressed smile, Blaine took one of the red strips of licorice and stuck it in his mouth, letting it hang from his lips and chewing it like a cowboy would chew on wheat. Joey, who had turned to look at something down the street, faced him again, and he had his own Redvine in the same fashion. They stared at each other for a moment and then cracked up laughing.
Time Elapse
Back at the apartment, Joey had gone back to bed for a while, leaving Blaine to explore the apartment. He'd turned up an acoustic-electric guitar, covered in layers of dust. Once Blaine had cleaned it up a bit, he found it was actually a beautiful guitar, deep varying shades of blue, and cool to the touch. It fit perfectly in his hand, and once he tuned it, his fingers seemed to play of their own volition.

"Lights go down,
You try to not make a sound.
Hearts collide,
We still have plenty of time.
I'm like a child, a boy, young man of 23,
And I believe in us cause you believe in me,
believe in me,
And I'll wait for you in the dark,
Arms outstretched comforting lover,
My bones may be falling apart,
But I'll wait for you come this summer.
And I'll wait for you in the dark,
Arms outstretched comforting lover,
My bones may be falling apart,
But I'll wait for you come this summer.
Lights go down ,
We try to not make a sound.
Hearts collide,
I still have plenty of time.
I'm like a child, a boy, young man of 23,
And I believe in us cause you believe in me, believe in me.
And I'll wait for you in the dark,
Arms outstretched comforting lover,
My bones may be falling apart,
But I'll wait for you come this summer.
And I'll wait for you in the dark,
Arms outstretched comforting lover,
My bones may be falling apart,
But I'll wait for you come this summer.
So come close, and I'll scream,
Oh just let me be me.
And I fail to see,
The dark skies are all that's well inside me.
And I'll wait for you in the dark,
Arms outstretched comforting lover.
My bones may be falling apart,
But I'll wait for you come this summer.
And I'll wait for you in the dark,
Arms outstretched comforting lover.
My bones may be falling apart,
But I'll wait for come this summer."


A slow clap brought Blaine out of the music dancing in his head as he'd played, and standing in the doorway, leaning against the frame, was Joey.
"Bravo." He said, a slight, crooked smile on his face. He sat down next to Blaine and gently took the guitar from him.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." Joey shrugged.
"This hasn't seen the light of day for a while."
"Why not? It's beautiful, sound and all."
"It was my sister's. She was the only one who ever played it."
"Was?" Joey's fingers, which had been stroking the strings of the guitar softly, stopped.
"Was." He handed the guitar back to Blaine and rose to his feet. "You keep it. I could never make it sound as enchanting as you do."
Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Song: Waiting by Jamie Cambell Bower