Masquerade

Blaine

Saturday
Tina and Unique met up at Blaine's house the day after learning of his acceptance to NYADA, and started fixing up his house for the party. When they finished, they sent Blaine out to buy food and drinks as they called everyone in Glee club and set the party for the next day.
Sunday
Blaine had just finished gelling his hair when Tina walked into his room.
Image
"Hey, Tina!" He smiled, smoothing a stray lock of hair back into place.
"Bling-Bling! You're not even ready!" She exclaimed, tugging at the sleeve of his plain white t-shirt. She shook her head in exasperation and disappeared into his closet, emerging a minute later with a pair of black jeans and a red sweater. "Here." She shoved the outfit into his arms and left the room, heading for the front door as the bell rang.

By the time Blaine finished changing and walked down the stairs, mostly everyone was there. He stood at the landing and smiled. Sam was by the radio, attempting to change the station, but being blocked by Tina, who was glaring at him and slapping his hands away. Ryder was talking animatedly to Artie by the staircase, with Brittany chiming in occasionally. Sugar was talking to Unique in the kitchen, helping to set out the food. Kitty was hanging around the couch where Jake and Marley were sitting.
Blaine stood like that for a few moments, watching all of his friends, until Marley looked up and saw him.

"Blaine!" She called out, waving. Everyone fell silent and turned to him, then, in one big wave, a chorus of 'Congrats!' and 'Way to go, Blaine!'s filled his house. He smiled as everyone came up to him, shaking his hand, hugging him, even.
The party went by without incident, they ate food, they downed sodas, they danced, and laughed, and at the very end, they talked him into singing a song.

He took another gulp of his cherry coke before he grabbed the guitar held out for him and sat on the edge of the coffee table. He strummed a few chords as everyone gathered around him.
"I guess...maybe a song for goodbye? I mean, I know this isn't goodbye, not really, but I am going away." He said, before starting.

"Another turning point;
A fork stuck in the road.

Time grabs you by the wrist;
Directs you where to go.

So make the best of this test and don't ask why.
It's not a question but a lesson learned in time.

It's something unpredictable
But in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

So take the photographs
And still frames in your mind.

Hang it on a shelf
In good health and good time.

Tattoos of memories
And dead skin on trial.

For what it's worth,
It was worth all the while.

It's something unpredictable
But in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

So make the best of this task and don't ask why.
It's not a question but a lesson learned in time.

It's something unpredictable
But in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life."


As he played the last note, there was complete silence in the room, and he could see the looks in the faces of all his friends. Some of them were crying, some were just nodding, but all of them were smiling. Marley wiped a few tears from her eyes, clapping as everyone else did. Tina ran up to him and threw her arms around him.
"I'm gonna miss you, Blainey-Days." She whispered.
"I'll miss you too, Tina."
After Tina, everyone else came up to hug him as they left, some of them leaving gifts on the table beside him as they went.
Image
When they were all gone, only Tina remained by his side, ready to help clean up, though it wasn't really necessary. Everyone had taken care to throw away their trash, the only thing left to do was to take down the decorations.
When they were done with that, and Tina had left her own gift on the table and left, Blaine sat down, the weight of what he was really doing finally settling on him.

I'm going to NYADA. I'm going to New York. I'm going to Kurt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Took me a while to finish this, I'm just so tired today. -_- Oh well! The song above, if you don't recognize it, is Time Of Your Life (Good Riddance) by Green Day.