Masquerade

Joey

.
.
.
Joey was about twenty minutes earlier than the rest of the group, so he took this time to stretch out his muscles. He didn't normally stretch, but Joey always seemed to feel good when he did. About midway through stretching his legs, an unfamiliar face walked through the door. "Oh, hello," he said, giving a shy smile. "I'm new here, and was just looking around."

"Awesome!" Joey said, walking over to the new guy and giving him a high five. "I'm Joey Rizzo, or J.R. Your call," he went on.

"I'm Blaine Anderson, or Blaine. Your call," the new guy said, giving Joey a smile. Joey laughed before continuing on with his stretching. "So, what goes on in here?" Blaine asked, sounding curious. Joey watched as Blaine placed his bag on one of the many stacks of chairs, studying the room around him.

"This is where Adam's Apples meet," Joey said simply, causing a small grin to appear on Blaine's face.

"So, is it like a glee club?" Blaine asked, looking directly at Joey.

"More or less," Joey said, finishing up his last stretch. "You'll have to audition for it, though. You'll have to really blow Adam's mind, too. Yet, I can see him easing up on you a bit. Especially with your good looks."

"Are you flirting with me?" Blaine asked, raising an eyebrow, a small smile playing his lips. "Cause I think you are."

"What if I am?" Joey asked, placing his hands behind his back and grinning devilishly at Blaine. "Would that make you uncomfortable?"

"No. I'm not seeing anyone, so I don't see how I can be bothered by it," Blaine said, spinning a bit and landing smoothly on his heels. "Are you seeing anyone, J.R.?"

"Not unless I've got short term memory loss," Joey replied, winking at Blaine. Blaine didn't reply, just smiled. Grabbing his bag from the chair, he walked over to the door and pausing, turning around and looking at Joey.

"Let me know when it's a good time to audition," was all he said, and then Blaine Anderson was out of sight.

Time Elapse

Joey had met up with Blaine after the meeting, walking with him through the streets of N.Y., both gentlemen with a cup of coffee in their hands. "I can't believe this tastes better than the stuff back home. I can't believe I hadn't come here sooner," Blaine said, taking another drink of the coffee.

"Where's home for you?" Joey asked, shoving his free hand in his pants pocket, looking at Blaine expectantly.

"Ohio," he answered, causing Joey to nearly spill half his coffee.

"You're kidding?" Joey said, his eyes getting semi-wide. "One of the newer guys of Adam's Apples is from there."

"What a coincidence," Blaine said, causing Joey to nod. Joey tried to stifle the thought, but he couldn't easily get rid of the feeling that he could just be talking to the guy who broke Kurt's heart. Smiling warmly, he nudged Blaine.

"Come on, let's get to Central Park before it gets too crowded," Joey said, causing Blaine to nod. Both gentlemen quickly wove in and out of the crowded streets, joking and laughing over just about everything. "I never thought I'd like a new guy so much, but you, sir, have such an enticing personality."

"I tend to have that effect on people. You just can't help but like me." Joey cheered to that, and as they slowed down a bit, Joey felt the want to get to know the guy with the hazel gaze even more. As Joey watched him, his attraction became more fierce.