Masquerade

Blaine

.
.
"It's getting late." said Blaine, finally noticing the setting sun. He hoisted the single bag he'd brought with him over his shoulder as he stood. They'd been talking for two, maybe three, hours.
"Where're you staying?" Joey asked, dusting off the back of his jeans. Blaine's brows furrowed. He hadn't thought of that.
"I'm...not sure yet. Probably a hotel until I find an apartment."
"Are you insane? Hotels are fucking expensive in New York." Joey tossed his empty cup in the trash can. "C'mon. You're obviously staying with me tonight." Blaine protested but to no avail, because Joey turned around and swiftly slipped the bag off his shoulder and rested it on his own. "But nothing. I've come to think of you as a friend in the hours since we met. Crazy, but it's true. Friends don't let friends pay ridiculous rates at a hotel."
Time Elapse
As it turned out, Joey's apartment building was only a block or so away.
"It's not much, but it's home." Joey tossed the bag onto a La-Z-Boy as he walked through the door and headed immediately to the couch, practically ripping the cushions off.
"W-what are you doing?"
"Making your bed, what else?" With a grunt, he lifted a metal bar from inside the couch and pulled it towards him, a mattress unfurling as he pulled. "The sheets are relatively clean, if you don't mind a few specks of dust. I hardly have anyone over, much less to stay the night."
"No, no it's fine! I- thank you. Really." Blaine stammered.
"Alright. I assume you want a shower, but there's probably not any hot water."
"That's okay." Blaine preferred hot showers, but he certainly wouldn't complain, especially not to J.R.
"I'm headed to bed, then. Towels are in the bathroom. Night, Blaine." With the flick of a switch, he was in near darkness, the only light being the moonlight streaming in the window and the light from the bathroom at the end of the hall.
"Good night, J.R." He said to the darkness, smiling.
Image