Status: Active/Updating

The Story of the Unforgiven, Fallen Angels

Chapter 18 — Where's My Wonderland?

*One Month Later*

Jayy POV

Andy and I were asleep in our bed, the twins down the hall, when suddenly an ear-splitting scream resounded through the house. I groaned but got to my feet and walked down the hall to the twins room.

About a week after they were born, Finley and Michael came home with us, we had spent every moment we could with them at the hospital. While we were there, the boys had moved our stuff from Allison's house back into the main house, while Haley, Sammi, Kina and Ella had finished up the nursery. It was a completely unexpected and also a very welcome surprise.

I opened the door to the nursery and walked over to Finley's crib, where the wailing was coming from. I picked her up and cuddled her to my chest. How Michael slept through his sister's wailing I'll never know. Though not biologically related, I assumed Michael took after Andy — he slept like the dead.

I walked over to the little fridge we had in the room and pulled out a bottle of milk (Allison had been pumping and giving us the milk daily). I opened the microwave and set it for 20 seconds. I lightly bounced Finley in my arms while I waited.

I found parenthood to be kinda easy, and fun. Sure now Andy and I spent the time we had sleeping, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. The microwave beeped and I pulled the bottle out, testing it on my wrist before giving it to my squirming daughter.

I was lucky that the girls had thought to put a fridge and microwave in the nursery, it made times like these, so much easier. I sat down in the rocking chair to feed Finley and glanced up at the clock.

5 am.

I yawned and looked down at my little girl. Finley stared up at me with her brown eyes. I smiled. It's funny, I hated children, despised them to near insanity. But the second Andy came into my life, everything changed. Hard to believe I was a father. I was engaged to the man of my dreams and I had my own children. I put the bottle down and burped Finley.

"Are you full now, babygirl?" I cooed.

"I don't think I'll ever tire of seeing you in daddy mode." I heard a voice chuckle.

I looked at the door, Andy smiled at me.

"I never saw myself as a father, now I can't see life any other way." I shrugged.

"I have to say it's a good look on you." He smiled, walking into the nursery. 

I heard my phone start ringing in our room. "Can you take her for second?" I asked.

He nodded and held out his arms. I quickly put Finley in his arms as my phone stopped ringing and started up again right after.

I ran to our room and grabbed my phone off the nightstand. "Joe, to what do I owe this extreme...displeasure." I told him.

"Monroe, you and Vanity need to pack, you have another tour in two weeks." Joe announced.

"Joe, I can't do a tour right now. I have kids and I'm not leaving my fiancé to care for them without me." I replied.

"Jayy, you and Dahvie have had a year off, it's time for another tour."

"Not gonna happen, Joe. I have a family, and they come first in everything." 

"This is non-negotiable, Monroe, you are coming on this tour. Your fiancé has friends who can help him care for the kids." 

"You're a real asshole Joe, thanks for fuckin' up my life." I growled, hanging up on him.

Andy walked in the room a few minutes later, obviously he'd put Finley to bed. "Baby, who was on the phone?" He asked.

"My asshole manager. I have to leave in two weeks, he booked Dahv and I a new tour and we have to go." I told him.

"But what about the twins? How long is the tour?" He asked.

"I told him about the twins, and he doesn't care. And a tour can last a few months. I swear to fucking god, I am so fucking close to firing the fucker." I growled.

"Months!?" Andy groaned.

"Believe me, I hate it too."

"We'll just have to spend every second till then together." Andy told me.

"Yeah, as a family." I nodded, pulling him into my arms, kissing his head as his arms wrapped around my waist.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

*2 Weeks Later* 

Jayy POV

The tour bus was parked in front of our massive house and Dahv and I were planning to procrastinate as long as possible. A week ago Ashley had proposed to Dahvie, of course he said yes. 

Andy stood beside Ashley, tears in their eyes, Finley and Michael by Andy's other side, in their stroller. I stepped forward, pulling him into my arms tightly.

"Fuck, I'm gonna miss you." I whispered against his neck, tears in my eyes.

"We'll talk everyday right?" He asked.

"Yes, either on the phone or on Skype." I promised.

"I swear to fucking god, I wanna kill Joe for putting us through this." I growled and pulled away from Andy.

"I love you." He told me, eyes bright.

"I love you too." I smiled, smashing our mouths together.

When I pulled away I bent down to the stroller. "Bye-bye, guys. Daddy's gonna miss you guys so much." I kissed both of their heads, turning back to Andy.

"Just so you know, Dahvie and I'll always have our phones with us. Just remember, I might not answer if I'm on stage." I touched his cheek and he leaned into my touch. 

"We'll Skype tonight baby." I promised.

"Doesn't make it hurt any less."

"I know." I kissed him again, making sure to make this kiss, incredible.

I could see a similar goodbye taking place between Ashley and Dahvie.

"Hey Ashley," I called.

"Yeah."

"Take care of my fiancé and my kids. I'd hate to have to castrate you if anything happens to them." I joked.

"Deal. Just take care of mine for me." He told me.

"Of course." I pulled Ashley into a hug, while Dahvie did the same to Andy.

Suddenly Joe called from the bus for us to move it. I pulled away from Ashley and growled.

"Baby, behave yourself." Andy told me.

"I can't help that all I wanna do is kill the fucker." I spat. I grabbed my bags and saw Dahvie do the same. Ashley stood beside Andy, wrapping their fingers together and squeezing. Andy leaned his head on Ash's shoulder. We walked backwards to the bus, waving and blowing kisses.

When we climbed the bus I hissed at Joe, "Watch your back, I'm tempted to fire you right now."

He nodded, fearfully.

Dahvie and I both sat by the open windows facing the house, waving and shouting I love you's, as the bus pulled onto the highway, Joe started talking.

"Okay, now we can get this show on the road." 

I scoffed, Dahvie rolled his eyes.

"Joe, let me make this simple for you. We hate you right now, so sit down and shut the fuck up before I throw you out a window and laugh as you bounce across the pavement and possibly get hit by a car." I spat.

Joe opened his mouth to speak and I glared. "Unless the next words out of your mouth are how stupid, selfish and lucky you are to still be alive, I DON'T want to hear it." I hissed.

I got up, grabbed my bag and stormed into mine and Dahvie's shared room.

*Later That Night*

I was on Skype with Andy, since the twins had already gone to bed.

"So do you think you'll fall asleep okay without me there?" I asked.

"Well since Ashley and I haven't slept alone in a while and he's helping with the kids, he's sleeping in our room." Andy shrugged.

"You know I've been on this bus for hours. I have no clue where I am or where we're going." I laughed.

"Why not?" He asked.

"I lasted all of 5 minutes in the same room with Joe. And I mostly yelled at him." I shrugged.

"Just ignore him. Channel all your frustration and hatred of him into song lyrics. Channel what you're feeling without me and the twins there, I'm pretty sure you could write a song by yourself. Don't think, just feel." Andy smiled.

"I miss you." I told him.

"You know I miss you too." He answered.

"Yo Andy are you done yet? Oh wait are you on Skype? Hey is Dahvie there with you?" Ashley asked, jumping into the frame with Andy.

"Ashley, would you like to see Dahvie?" I asked.

"Yes, please. 5 hours without him, and I'm bored and lonely." He smiled.

"DAHVIE!!" I yelled.

I waited a few minutes and then the door opened.

"Yes, Jayy?" He asked.

"You're wanted." I said simply.

"Ashley's on Skype?" He asked.

"Mmm-hmm. He jumped at the chance to see you." I told him.

Dahvie jumped on my bed, fitting himself beside me so he was in the screen.

"Baby, I miss you." Dahvie whined.

"I know, boo, I miss you too." Ashley cooed.

"I think I'm gonna be sick," Andy groaned.

"Me too." I smirked.

"Shut the fuck up, Jayy. You know you'd be all over Andy if he was there." Ashley growled.

"Not really, I'd probably be in the nursery with my kids." I replied.

Suddenly Andy groaned. "Dammit, baby I gotta go, I think Finley woke up. Talk tomorrow?" He asked.

"Yeah, of course. I love you." I told him.

"Love you too Jayy." He answered.

Dahvie and Ashley said their goodbyes and I logged off Skype, closing my laptop.

I grabbed my iPod, a notebook and a pen, leaning against the wall.

"Watcha doin'?" Dahvie asked.

"Writing how I feel into song lyrics." I shrugged.

Dahvie grabbed another notebook and together we wrote how we felt, showing each other the lyrics and combining things we had written. It turned out to be cathartic. D and I stayed up most of the night perfecting our lyrics. 

The one song I couldn't wait to perform was a song Dahvie and I dedicated to Ashley, Andy, Finley and Michael. We called it 'Worlds Away' and it spoke of how much we both longed to be with our fiancés and families. The one line that was my absolute favorite lyric we'd ever written was: "Tryin' to find my way home." Dahvie and I both considered our fiancé to be home, though my home also included my children.

*3 Weeks Later*

I was browsing through Alt. Press magazine and stopped when I saw an article featuring an interview with our manager Joe. I skimmed the article, my eyes bugging out when I read what Joe had said about Andy Finley, Michael, Ashley, Dahvie and I.

''You know I never really minded managing a band that consisted of a gay guy and an in-the-closet-bi-sexual guy. It never mattered. But then when the two of them changed two completely straight guys bi-sexual I realized I might have a problem. I mean fags I can deal with, but to bring two bastard children into it is crossing the line." 

I seethed. Storming into the front of the bus. I fixed Joe with a death-glare.

"I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK IF THIS BUS IS BARRELING DOWN THE FUCKING HIGHWAY, I WANT YOU FUCKING OUT. YOU'RE FIRED!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Whoa, Jayy calm down." Dahvie said.

I stomped forward, handing him the magazine. "Just read what he said, Dahv. He insulted you, me, Andy, Ashley, Finley and Michael. I can handle him talking shit about me and Andy, you and Ashley, but I WON'T tolerate him talking about my children." I growled.

Dahvie took the magazine. I stalked back over to Joe.

"At the next stop I want your shit packed up and you off this bus. That is the only way you will live to see tomorrow, are we clear?" I asked.

"But how am I supposed to get home?" He whimpered.

"I don't know and I don't care. I've put up with more shit from you than anyone else. I want you out. You want you out too. Cause I will make your life a living hell, if you stay." I spat.

Dahvie put the magazine down.

"You're a fucking asshole Joe, feel lucky that Jayy didn't beat your face in for bad-mouthing his family." Dahv told him.

"Listen to Dahvie. It's in your best interest right now." I spat.

I turned on my heel and stormed back to my room. I dialed Andy's number.

"Hey, baby." He greeted.

"Andy, listen do you have Jon's number?" I asked, running a hand through my hair, trying to calm down

"Jon, BVB's manager, Jon?" He asked.

"Yeah, I need to call him." I sat on the bed.

"Yeah, sure. Let me have Ash text it to you." He said.

"Thanks," I told him.

"You wanna tell me what happened?" He asked.

My phone beeped. "If you give me about an hour, I'll tell you all about it. Let me call Jon though. Love you." I told him.

"Love you too. Call me back." He said, then hung up.

I dialed Jon's number and waited. "Jon here." He answered.

"Jon, hi, it's Jayy Monroe from BOTDF." I told him.

"Yes, of course, Jayy, what can I help you with?" He asked.

"Well I just fired our manager, he was an asshole. And we kinda need a new manager, pronto. Any way you can help us?" I asked.

"I don't have too many bands that I manage, I guess I could take you guys on." He mused.

"That would be so helpful thank you. Could I ask a favor?" I wondered.

"Sure."

"Well Andy and Ashley are still in LA with the twins, Dahvie and I miss them like crazy, any way you could arrange to have them meet us at our next show, so we can tour with them?" I asked hopeful.

"Where's your next show?" He asked.

"It's on Friday, in Chicago. I believe Dahv said something about it being held in the Allstate Arena." I told him.

"Yeah, I'll make the arrangements, I'll come with them so I can just have you guys fill out the new contracts, and get the important stuff taken care of." He told me.

"Thank you, Jon." I told him.

"No problem, see you soon." He hung up.

I immediately called Andy.

"Jayy?" He said.

"Pack your bags baby, you're coming on tour." I told him.

"What?" He asked.

"Long story short, I read an interview that Joe did, it pissed me off, I fired him, just talked to Jon, he'll take us on, Jon's gonna fly out with you, Ashley, Finley and Michael so we can sign the contracts." I told him.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yes, so start packing, you leave soon. We'll meet you guys in Chicago on Friday." I told him.

"Okay, I guess I'd better pack for me and the twins." He giggled.

"I love you." I laughed.

"I love you too." He laughed, back.

I hung up and ran off to tell Dahvie.