Status: Active/Updating

The Story of the Unforgiven, Fallen Angels

Chapter 19 — Worlds Away

Jayy POV

It was Friday afternoon and my babies would be here any second. Andy text me about an hour ago to tell me that they just had to take a taxi to the venue. I couldn't keep still, Dahvie wasn't much better. 

My phone buzzed with a text. It was from Andy, I opened it. 

Got a huge surprise for you.

Hmm, wonder what it is. I sent back.

You'll see soon enough.

I only had to wait another 10 minutes before there was a knock on the door. 

Dahvie and I fought to open the door first, I won. I practically ripped the door open.

My jaw dropped when I saw Andy. His long hair was gone. He cut it off so now his hair was like mine, only his hung to the opposite side that mine usually did.

"Surprise?" He asked, concerned.

"Holy fuck." I whispered.

"Yeah, that was my reaction." Ashley laughed.

"You look so fuckin' hot." I told him, yanking him in by his neck and pretty much devouring his face. When we broke apart, he smiled.

"So you like it?" He asked.

I nodded. "I love it." I smiled.

"Can we go inside, now?" Ashley begged.

I stepped back, allowing, Andy, Ashley, who was pushing the twins' stroller, Jon and the taxi driver, who carried the luggage, inside.

As soon as the cabbie left — with a nice tip from Jon — I pulled my kids into my arms. Watching as Ashley and Dahvie hugged and kissed the hell out of each other.

"My babies, my god I've missed you guys." I nuzzled their heads. Andy stood by my side, an arm wrapped around my waist — enough so he had physical contact with me — but not enough that I had a problem holding the twins close. I had my family back — after what Joe said in that article, I kinda wanted to be able to protect them — and I couldn't be happier. Jon watched with a strange fascination, it probably wasn't everyday that he saw a young man, who looked like me, get so mushy over a guy and kids.

"Jon, I can't thank you enough for this." I told him.

"Not a problem. Let's just sign this paperwork, and I'll be on my way. Give you guys some family time before your concert tonight." He smiled.

Dahvie and I nodded, quickly signing the contracts and Jon left, a smile stretched across his face. Andy and I headed into my room to enjoy what we hadn't been able to for the past month, each other.

I couldn't wait till tonight, Dahvie and I hadn't told Ashley or Andy the significance of the song we were closing the show with.

***

Dahvie and I pounded out the songs, the show was almost over and the next song was the most important song of our set.
 
"This next song, is brand new, Dahv and I wrote this almost a month ago, when we had to leave the most important people in our lives..." I started.

"This song is probably our favorite song. I personally think its the best song we've ever written. We'd like to dedicate this song to Ashley Purdy, Andy Biersack and my niece and nephew, Finley and Michael Monroe." Dahvie announced.

The music kicked in.

Dahvie:
"I'm walking down a lonely road
One I've never known
I hope it leads me home

Sometimes I feel so far away
Can't find the words to say 
I'm exiled on my own

Dahvie:
Give me something to believe

Dahvie & Jayy:
I'm worlds away
I'm worlds away
I'm worlds away
Tryin' to find my way home

Jayy:
I look to the sky right over me
Hoping you see the stars I see
It makes me feel less alone

There's never one place that I can stay
Sorry my world's so far away
One day I promise I'll be home

Jayy:
Give me something to believe

Dahvie & Jayy:
I'm worlds away
I'm worlds away
I'm worlds away
Tryin' to find my way home

I need someone to take my hand
I need someone to understand
Why I'm standing on the edge
And I'm looking down

I'm worlds away
I'm worlds away
I'm worlds away
Tryin' to find my way home

Tryin' to find my way home
Tryin' to find my way home
Tryin' to find my way back home"

We said our goodbyes and thanks to the fans and headed backstage. I walked straight over to where Andy was with the stroller.

"You took my advice." He noted.

"Yeah, Dahv and I both did." I laughed kissing his head. "Did you like it?" I asked.

"I loved it. I can't believe you wrote a song for me." He stared into my eyes.

*That Night*

Andy and I were able to get Finley and Michael to fall asleep almost too easily in the travel crib Andy brought with him. Andy and I were lying in bed, both of us shirtless, Andy's head on my chest, Andy kept tracing my tattoos and sighing.

"I'm so glad I'm here." He whispered.

"I'm glad you're here too." I agreed.

"I've been so lonely." He sighed.

"I'm here. We're together again. Hopefully we'll never be apart again." I kissed his head.

"'Night, Jayy-Jayy, love you." He whispered.

"Night, Andy, love you too." I murmured.