Status: Active/Updating

The Story of the Unforgiven, Fallen Angels

Chapter 20 — Mistakes & Apologies

Jayy POV

I woke up to the shrill ringing of my cell phone. Without opening my eyes I moved my hand around the top of my bedside table, finally grabbing it. I hit the talk button, putting the phone to my ear.

"'Lo?" I answered, still half-asleep.

"Jayy?" I heard Haley sob.

I opened my eyes wide, waking up instantly, quickly climbing out of bed and tip-toeing into the lounge of the bus. 

"Hales? What's wrong babygirl?" I asked.

"I'm pregnant." She wailed.

My eyes bugged out. "You're what? Who the hell is the father?" I nearly growled.

"Jayy please don't be mad." She begged. "I mean we were both shit-faced drunk. We didn't know what we were doing. I only know it's him because I woke up the next morning beside him. There was no evidence of a condom being used." She bawled.

"Hales, sweetie calm down. This stress won't be good for the baby." I told her, listening to her take a few breaths. "Now, baby, can you tell me who the father is?" I asked in a calm tone.

"Promise me you won't kill him." She pled.

"I won't kill him." I swore.

"It's Ashley." She breathed.

"Ash cheated on Dahv?" I seethed.

"Jayy, we're both at fault. It takes two." She reminded me.

"Pack your bags and have Jinxx call Jon, you're coming on tour. Ashley is gonna make up for his mistake." I said calmly. "I'm going to talk to Ash, force him to fess up to Dahv. Be prepared, D's probably gonna be pissed." I warned.

"I know. Thanks, I'll see you soon." She promised.

"Yeah." I smiled and hung up.

I got up and tiptoed into Ash and Dahv's room, waking Ash up and silently telling him to follow me. Ash nodded and carefully climbed out of bed, shutting the door, almost silently.

I turned to face him. "Congrats, Ashley, you're going to be a father." I sneered.

"Fuck," he groaned.

"Listen to me, Ashley. You're going to be there every single time Haley needs you, this is your fault. Doctor's appointments, you'll be at every single one, late night cravings, you'll get her whatever she wants. What Haley wants or needs, Haley gets. Haley's joining us on tour so you can help her. And you're telling Dahvie, today. You've already hurt one of my best friends, I won't let you make the other one suffer. Are we understood?" I growled.

He nodded.

"Good, I don't want Haley to say anything bad about what you've done or about something you haven't done. Because you will answer to me." I seethed.

"Why do I have to tell Dahvie today?" He asked.

"I'm telling Andy and together Andy and I will have to pick up the pieces of Dahvie's heart when you tell him. Be prepared to be booted to the couch and be single." I warned, walking back to my room.

"You really think he'll break up with me?" Ashley asked in a small voice.

I spun on my heel to face him. "I have no doubt. He'll hate Haley too, but he'll forgive her in a few days. I don't know if he'll forgive you. But you made your bed Ash, now lie in it." I shrugged.

*A Few Hours Later*

I had already told Andy about the Dahvie/Ashley/Haley issue, he felt bad for Dahv, wanted to kick Ash's ass and concerned for Hales. We each held a twin when our bedroom door opened and a bawling Dahvie stood in the doorway. I quickly handed Finley to Andy and rushed to pull Dahv into my arms.

"How the fuck could he cheat on me?" He sobbed.

"I don't know baby. I really don't know." I told him, rubbing his back.

"Ash is such a fucking asshole." I heard Andy say.

"Yeah, he is." Dahvie agreed. "I kicked him out of my room and broke up with him. How can I ever trust him again?" He asked, calming down.

"Only you can answer that." I told him, kissing his hair.

"He said Haley's pregnant and that she's coming on tour. Is that true?" D asked.

"Yeah, it is. I didn't really give him a choice. He's gonna care for his unborn child, I refuse to let him treat Hales like he treated you." I whispered.

"For some reason, I'm not mad at her," he pulled away from me and looked in my eyes. "I'm so fucking pissed at Ash though." He shrugged.

"Why don't you call her, then? I know she's sorry it happened. She never meant to hurt you." I told him.

"Okay, hey when's she gonna be here?" He asked.

Andy's phone beeped. "Jon just sent me a text, Haley'll be here on Wednesday." Andy shrugged.

"Okay. I'm gonna call her." Dahvie smiled and left.

I turned to Andy.

"How can you hate Ashley so quickly?" I asked.

"Ashley may be my best friend, but he's never acted like this before. As long as I've known him, he's never cheated on or strayed from anyone he's seeing, it's shocking to say the least. But I'm disappointed in him, I've never had a reason to be. I can't believe Ash would betray Dahvie, how can you try to destroy someone that way?" Andy asked.

"I don't know, baby, I honestly don't know." I told him, walking to him and grabbing Michael and holding him close. 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Andy POV

It was Tuesday and Ashley was still sleeping on the couch. Jayy, Dahvie and I hadn't spoken to him in 3 days. We were all that pissed.

I walked out to the kitchen grabbing a Monster, turning to head back into my room, when Ash called out. "Andy, for fucks sake let me explain." 

I turned to face him.

"Why should I? You nearly destroyed Dahvie. Who fucking does that to someone they love?" I growled.

"I do love him. More than I thought possible, that's why I proposed. I never wanted to get married, till I fell in love with Dahvie. I got drunk one night, really drunk, like almost pass-out drunk. I made a mistake, one I'll probably regret for the rest of my life. I know that, believe me, if I could take it back, I would. I wouldn't have gotten drunk, I wouldn't have slept with Haley and I'd still have my soulmate."

I waited, knowing he wasn't finished.

"Andy, do you remember when you broke up with Jayy? You couldn't look at anyone else, let alone think about dating someone else. Simply because they weren't Jayy, you didn't want anyone but Jayy." He groaned. "I was drunk, I wasn't thinking. If I had been thinking, I'd have just called Dahvie. You know me, Andy, better than anyone. Have I ever been unfaithful in any relationship I've ever had?" He asked.

"No." 

Ashley got up and walked forward. 

"Then why the fuck would I purposely throw away the BEST relationship I've ever been in? Why would I destroy the one thing that I want more than anything else? Why would I destroy the heart of the one person on this earth I would gladly die for? Why would I make myself so fucking miserable I can't even look in the mirror?" He asked. "Why would I try to destroy the very life I'm trying to build?" 

"I don't know." I answered.

"The fact of the matter, Andy is, if I hadn't been so drunk off my ass, it wouldn't have happened." Ash started pacing.

"Exactly why are you telling me all this?" I asked.

"Because you're the only one who might be able to make Dahvie understand I didn't do this on purpose." He sighed.

"Here's an idea. Why not show Dahv just how much he means to you?" I mused.

"He won't talk to me. How the hell am I gonna get him to actually listen to me?" He replied.

"Show him that you're willing to make good on your mistakes. Take care of Haley, he might not like what you did, but he may respect you if you admit what you did was wrong and accept responsibility for it." I shrugged. 

He looked up at me and I continued.

"Long story short, treat Haley like a fucking queen, rub her back, rub her feet, satisfy any and all food-related cravings she has, show up at doctor's appointments, do some research. Do everything you can to take care of her, put your own needs third, Haley's needs and the baby's needs first and second. Be an adult about the situation." I instructed.

"That's a lot." He groaned.

"Well, it's your own damn fault." I told him. "And it may be the only way to show Dahvie you're NOT a heartless man-whore who only thinks with his dick." 

"How do I start?" He asked.

"Make up the guest bed in Dahvie's room, make it nice. Make sure it's ready for Haley. And just so you know, this is the only time I'm helping you. You have to figure the rest out on your own." I told him, turning and walking back into my room.

Jayy looked up when I closed the door.

"What took so long?" He asked. I noticed Michael sleeping in the travel crib, Finley still looking wide-eyed in Jayy's arms.

"Talking to Ash." I shrugged. "He wants Dahvie back. I told him he has to prove that he knows what he did was wrong, do everything he can to make it right, and Dahv MIGHT come around." I told him.

"He's actually gonna step up and be a father?" Jayy asked.

"Yeah. And I told him to make sure Haley is well taken care of." I sighed. 

Jayy nodded.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

*The Next Day*

When Andy, Dahvie and I walked out into the lounge with Finley and Michael the next morning, we were shocked, the entire bus was clean — I mean, like really clean — the cabinets were stocked with food that the kids and Haley would go nuts over, and there were three plates stacked with a huge breakfast.

"Did Ashley do all of this?" Dahvie asked, surprised.

"Yeah, I did. I also cleaned your room while you were in the shower." Ashley announced, coming back in the lounge from Dahv's. "I'm gonna start on Andy and Jayy's room." He said disappearing into our room.

"Damn." Andy laughed. 

"Why is he doing all of this?" Dahvie asked.

"Probably cause Haley'll be here soon." I shrugged. "Can we eat, now?" I asked.

Andy and Dahvie both nodded.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Haley arrived a few hours after breakfast, and Ashley immediately took her bags to Dahvie's room, telling her to sit down. When he came back he told her anything she wanted he would get her. Haley wanted a foot rub and a glass of cold milk, though she was fully capable of walking, I'm sure she enjoyed being waited on hand and foot.

This routine continued for around 6 months, Ashley being at Haley's beck-and-call 24/7. One day a heavily pregnant Haley came to talk to Andy and I. 

Haley didn't want to be a mom, but she wanted Ashley and Dahvie to have full custody of the kid. Andy and I thought it was a great idea, but told Haley to wait until Dahvie and Ashley got back together to ask them. Ashley was slowly working his way back into Dahvie's good graces. They were talking again, but Dahvie was still wary about Ashley breaking his heart again to jump right back in. They were making progress, but Dahv guarded himself from Ashley frequently. If Dahvie didn't let his guard down, he'd never be truly happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you guys so much for bearing with me. I just got my computer back and in working condition. I know it took Forever. but i'm trying to catch up.