Status: Active/Updating

The Story of the Unforgiven, Fallen Angels

Chapter 6 — I Am Bulletproof

1 Month Later

Jayy POV

It was about a month after Andy and I had started dating and things were going great. Andy and I spent all our time together. We'd spend several hours just listening to each others various CDs, cuddled on the queen-sized bed. Ash and Dahv's sleeping arrangement seemed to be working out. Andy and I fell asleep in each others arms every night. It couldn't be any more perfect.

 I was currently on the side-stage watching Andy perform. 

It was so comforting to watch my boyfriend in his element, putting everything he had inside him, out on that stage, he'd shed his blood if meant a solid and unforgettable performance. We weren't so different, at least with our stage performance. We put everything we had into our music and lyrics. And I know he felt the same about watching me perform.

Andy was belting out "We Don't Belong" with such passion I kinda lost myself in the music. But it didn't take me long to see something was wrong, almost as if Andy had used all his energy and was running on fumes.

The accident happened in slow motion. I saw Andy go over the stage, not into the crowd, but onto the concrete below. Ashley was there first, his guitar tossed to the ground in his rush, he was closest, but I wasn't far behind. I landed on my knees after I raced headlong down the stage jumping down hard. Jinxx, Jake, CC and Dahv quickly surrounded us, shouting out questions, trying to figure out what happened. Andy was passed out, his arm twisted at an odd angle — clearly broken — Ashley tried waking him up gently, I proceeded to freak the fuck out.

"ANDY!!" I screamed. "Baby please wake up." I cried. I didn't really care if the fans heard me. I called everyone "baby," so what? I'm an affectionate fucker, I admit it.

I shook him roughly, tears streaming down my face. 

"Jayy, we have to get him up. He needs help." I heard Dahv tell me. His voice was the only one that could break through my fog.

I nodded, still crying, but picked my baby up, cradling him to my chest, Dahv and the rest of BVB following me to the bus, Ash told the driver to head to the nearest hospital, ASAP. 

I refused to let go of Andy in the bus, and fought the doctors in the ER when they told me I couldn't stay with him. I felt broken.

"Jayy-Bear, let the doctors help him. He'll be fine. Come on, we'll wait with the others." Dahvie pulled me away from Andy's stretcher, where they had all sorts of tubes and wires going in and out of him. It was horrible.

I nodded solemnly and followed Dahv to where the others were. Jake smiled at me when I sat down.

"They'll come get you first, Jayy. I lied on the paperwork and said you were Andy's fiancé. You're his family. He's closer to you now than any of us." Jake smiled sadly.

"I love you guys." I smiled a bit. I pulled Jake into a hug, Dahv and the rest of BVB joined in.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

It took another 2 hours to hear anything, but eventually a nurse came to get me.

"Is there a Mr. Monroe here?" A petite blonde nurse asked.

I jumped up. 

"How is he?" I demanded.

"Mr. Biersack has 4 broken ribs and his left arm is broken as well. There were some minor bruises and cuts from his fall. But I came to get you, Mr. Monroe, because your fiancé has refused to take any meds until he sees you and his older brother, a Mr. Ashley Purdy?" The nurse frowned, clearly annoyed.

I nodded, grabbing Ash and dragging him behind me. We could hear Andy yelling from down the hall.

"Don't fucking touch me until Jayy and Ash get here or so help me I will sue your ass for every penny you're fucking worth!!" Andy screamed.

When we walked into the hospital room Andy made grabby hands at me, I obeyed his wishes and walked towards him, wrapping my arms around him gently. He immediately buried his face in my neck, he couldn't really wrap his arms around me. Considering one of them was broken and in a cast and the other had dozens of wires and tubes going in and coming out.

He might've been 22 but when it came to our relationship, he preferred to be taken care of. He sometimes like to take care of me, but more often then not, I took care of him. I didn't mind.

"Can we please get a few minutes of privacy?" Ashley asked politely.

The doctor nodded.

I kissed Andy roughly, holding his head and controlling the kiss.

"I should fucking kill you." I murmured, when we broke apart, resting my forehead on his, gently.

"I didn't do it on purpose." Andy whined, eyes glazed.

I pulled back and locked my eyes on his.

"Do you know the hell you put me through? I can't risk losing you again. I won't." I whispered, tears in my eyes.

Andy couldn't speak.

"I've never wanted or needed anyone as much as you. I know what I want. And I doubt I'll want anyone more. Marry me?" I asked, with tears in my eyes.

Ashley's jaw dropped. But he was silent.

"Yes, fuck yes. I don't care if anyone else thinks it's too soon. You're the reason I fought so hard." Andy responded, tears in his eyes.

"Thank you, I love you." I leaned our foreheads together. 

"I love you, too." Andy answered leaning up for a kiss. 

I gladly obliged, this one sweeter than our first kiss. We broke apart when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." Andy called. I linked our hands together — the one that wasn't broken.

A different doctor walked into the room.

"Mr. Biersack I came to tell you what caused your fall." He turned to me and Ashley. "Family, I presume?" He asked.

"Yes. Jayy Monroe, Andy's fiancé and this is Andy's older half-brother, Ashley Purdy." I told the doctor.

The doctor told us the reason for Andy's fainting spell. I'm no doctor so I had no clue what the doctor said only that Andy needed some time to heal. I caught the end of what the doctor said, so when Andy and Ash froze I understood why.

"I would suggest no concerts for at least the next 2 months. And no sexual activities either." The doctor said gravely. "If your ribs heal correctly, and you promise to take it easy I'll pull back the restrictions. In the meantime, you are free to leave the hospital." The doctor handed Ashley some papers. "Have the prescriptions filled, and you're good to go." 

Ashley nodded numbly. Andy was spacing too. A nurse was sent up with a wheelchair so we could leave. I helped Andy into the wheelchair and then proceeded to carry him into the bus after we arrived at its door. The guys were already sitting in the lounge waiting for news.

Ashley followed us to our room where I placed Andy on the bed. I turned to my soon to be brother-in-law.

"Ashley, I just want you to know that if you tell anyone about what you heard in that room I will personally strangle you with your own dick. Are we understood?" I threatened. 

Ash nodded in fear. It was funny, Ash was older but scared of me. I guess I get it, nobody ever knew what I would do.

"Good boy." I squeezed his shoulder roughly. "Now why don't you go deliver the bad news and go have Andy's meds filled?" I suggested.

After Ashley left, I crawled in bed and pulled Andy so his head was on my chest. He sighed contentedly. I grabbed his unbroken hand and laced our fingers together. I brushed my knuckles along his cheek and sighed. My poor baby was hurt and I didn't like it.

"How do you feel?" I asked softly.

"I've had worse. At least now I have someone to take care of me." He shrugged, settling further against my chest.

I pulled him closer to me. "You scared me today. I thought I'd lost you." I sighed, glad nothing was seriously wrong. "A month with you isn't enough for me. That's why I asked you to marry me. I can't bear the thought of losing you. I know we're only 21 but I already know that you're it for me." I confessed.

"I know that, and I feel the same way. It's crazy. I never in a million years thought I'd fall for a guy, but I'm glad I did. I've never been more happy or more sure about anything in my life, than I am about marrying you." Andy smiled.

"We can think about what a life together means. We'll obviously move-in together. Maybe somewhere down the road, think about kids." I promised.

"Let's not get married right away. Can we wait a while? Get to know more about each other. Enjoy being us." Andy wondered.

"As long as I'm married to you before I turn 25, we can wait." I vowed.

"Ok, I can live with that timeline. Maybe in the meantime, we can get a pet?" Andy suggested.

I laughed.

"We'll see. We still got time. We have to find a place. I guess I have to tell Dahvs I'm moving to LA." I paused.

"D, get your ass in my room!" I yelled.

Andy and I waited a few seconds for Dahvie to appear.

"Come in, shut the door." I instructed.

"What now, Jayy?" Dahvie asked, annoyed.

"I'm going to be moving as soon as the tour is over. We should talk about relocating the band." I suggested.

"I figured." Dahvie smiled.

"I proposed to Andy and we're going to look for a house in LA." I announced.

Dahvie didn't look surprised.

"Okay, for the time being I'll move into the BVB house. You know I hate being alone. Besides we're all gonna be brothers now anyway." Dahv shrugged at me, then turned to Andy. 

"Andy take care of Jayy, you'll never meet anyone more caring, loving or willing to die for what he loves than him. He's gonna need someone to keep him in check, be prepared." 

Dahvie then walked over to us and hugged us both. 

"Jayy, I couldn't have asked for a better best friend and blood brother."

I laughed. "Dahvs you act like you're losing me forever. I'm still in the band." 

"Jayy-Bear, I am losing you...to Andy. Don't get me wrong I love that you've found your other half, it's just a little hard giving you up to someone else." Dahv smiled sadly.

I nodded.