She's In My Head, She's In My Mind, She's In My Heart, And I Will Never Forget Her

it's not how it seems

I limped down the dark street away from my house. I had just gotten a brutal beating from my drunken step-dad. My mom married the man only two years after my dad had died of cancer. Can you believe that? My sibling had all moved out. They also couldn't stand him. We all detest him and hate him to the core. I can't stand his looks, his smell, (which is quite bad by the way) or his personality. "Just give him a chance," my mom always says. He has had that chance for four years now. But he lost it three years ago when he first hit me. Oh by the way my name is Billie Joe Armstrong. I'm 16-years-old and I don't care what you say, I'm moving out.

I looked up from the black pavement to a bench that sat under a street light. To my suprise a young girl about my age held her head in her hands. I approched cautiously not wanting to scare her. I leaned against the bench relieving the pain from my throbbing leg. I think he sprained it. I looked at her and saw that she was crying. She didn't even seem to notice I was there. But that's just me. I can be unable to be heard for any reason. I don't know. I'm just quiet that way. Even during class, I don't say a word except to my best friend Mike.

"Uh excuse me Miss?" I asked with my voice rather soft and gentle. I could see that she was not wanting my presence, but I wanted to help her.

"What do you want?" she said in a strict tone. It's then I noticed the bruises around her neck.

"Someone has hurt you didn't they?" I asked still leaning against the bench for support. She looked up from her hands and I smiled to her softly. She looked back down at her shoes and bit her lip a bit. "Sorry my name is Billie Joe."

"Yeah, I don't even know why or who did it. I just walked into my house and somebody tried to strangle me right then and there. I ran out as fast as I could making sure he didn't follow me." Her voice sounded choked up and she tried to hold back the tears.

"It's okay, I know what you're going through." She looked back up at me suspiciously. I sighed and sat down next to her. I pulled up my pant leg and showed her the bruises that my step-dad had left me. She gasped and covered her mouth with her hand. "No it's fine. I'm never going back to that place again. Ever!" She moved her hand and smiled softly.

"My name is Natasha, but people call me Tasha." She got up from the bench and smiled to me. I stood up next to her, putting pressure on the leg that didn't hurt.

"Do you want to go get some coffee or something? I raided my step-dad's wallet before I left so I have tons of money." I grinned innocently. That seemed to make her laugh. I loved her laugh, and pretty much everything about her. NO! I just met her, I can't think that way.

"Sure I'd like that." We walked down the steet to the nearby coffee shop, well I was limping but same thing right? We walked in and took our seats at an empty booth. The waiter walked up to our table.

"What will it be? Billie do you want your usual?" he asked and laughed at me knowing I would say yes.

"Yes sir," I replied.

"And for the lady? What'll it be?" He flashed her a welcoming smile and waited for her to order.

"Uh can I get a Vanilla Mocha Latee with a spray of peppermint please?"

"Yes you may," he said as I pulled out my wallet with my step-dad's money in it, "Oh don't worry Billie, it's on the house." He smiled as I put my wallet away. Our drinks arrived five minutes later. Tasha and I stuck up a casual conversation about music, school (bleh) and for some odd reason squirrels. We finished our drinks and I offered to walk her home.

"Nah I'm not going to go home for a while after tonight," she said.

"Well me either, want to go get a hotel or something?" I asked, not thinking in a dirty way you perverts!

"Sure, but it has to have two beds in it." I rolled my eyes and nodded.