Status: Done~

Just Killing Time

1~

Tay called an "I'll see you later!" to her best friend Jordan as they parted ways at the familiar corner of the local shopping centre. Jordan chuckled at the short, brunette girl's actions. He wished she had taken up his offer to stay the night as they had lost track of time and it was now getting rather dark. Jordan sighed and turned to make his way home as Tay rounded the corner and disappeared out of sight.

Tay walked down the deserted street as a street lamp flickered ominously in the distance. A cool wind blew her long, light brown hair into her eyes as she pulled her fluffy black Glamour Kills hoodie closer to her body. Tay started to walk faster as quicker ways to get home ran through her mind. She remembered a short alleyway a few buildings up from where she was. Tay knew it was a bad time to use the shortcut but she couldn't shake off the eerie feeling hanging around. Tay sped up her pace yet again and turned into the alleyway, it was definitely much longer and narrower than she remembered. Tay paused. Maybe a shortcut wasn't the best idea. "Hello beautiful." a low, gravel-like voice said from behind her. Before Tay had the time to react, a large, filthy hand that smelt of petrol, had clamped itself firmly over her mouth and she was being dragged out of the alley by a much stronger force than she could fight. Suddenly, there was a shooting pain in her left temple and the world faded to black.
As Tay regained consciousness, she heard two voices stage-whispering about something. "Zack, that's the wrong girl, you idiot!" a rough voiced man exclaimed.

"What do you mean it's the wrong girl!? You said the brunette that worked in the coffee shop!" The man, whom she guessed to be the 'Zack' the previous man had addressed, worriedly whispered. As the men continued to argue, Tay took in her surroundings. The building she was in was extremely large, abnormally empty and very cold. Tay was now very alert and the constant throbbing in her head, wrists and ankles became very apparent to her. She glanced at her ankles, finding them tied to the legs of the old, wooden chair she was sat in by strong, black, plastic cable ties. Her hands were trapped behind her back but she had come to the conclusion that they had suffered a similar fate. Tay raised her head to come face-to-face with two men. One of them had black blotches and smears of what looked like oil over his face and his greasy, sandy blond hair fell into his cold, coffee colored eyes. The other man, who did not look a day over twenty, had short, deep brown hair that stopped just before his similar colored eyes and framed his faced perfectly. Tay took note of the nose ring situated in his right nostril. She stared blankly at the two men for no less than a minute before she let out a blood curdling scream. The blond man chuckled darkly. "Scream all you want. No one can hear you, love" The pet-names the man had adopted aggravated Tay. "Don't call me that! You don't have the right to call me that!" Tay's head snapped to the right and the stinging in her left cheek was very hard to ignore. The blond man growled something Tay couldn't make out. "Lesley, enough." The words of authority came from the tall brunette Tay had forgotten about. The man, being the only other person in the room, Tay assumed him to be Zack. Lesley walked away mumbling to himself and as Zack turned to Tay, he shot her a sad, sympathetic smile. He walked away leaving a thoroughly confused Tay behind. Hadn't he kidnapped her? Why did he smile? Weren't kidnappers supposed torture their victims?

Tay had been in what she figured out to be an old, abandoned warehouse for an estimated amount of three days now. She had been burned, slapped, cut and probably had a mild concussion. Only this all came from the blond man, Lesley. Zack had refused to hurt her in any way and would sneak her food and clean her cuts up when Lesley wasn't there. Tay had found out a lot about Zack in the few days she'd been in this hell. Zack was Lesley's friend and he owed him huge debt due to the drugs he had been involved in before hand. She also found out he had refused to do this, at first but knew what Lesley was capable of and eventually, after much persuasion, Zack agreed.

After a further four days of Zack sneaking Tay food, Lesley figured out what was going on. Tay watched the two men argue before Lesley punched Zack square in the face. Zack ducked his head before bringing it up into the light. Tay observed the blood covering his face before he retaliated and mimicked Lesley's previous action. The men continued to fight until Zack turned and walked the other way. Tay was not expecting Lesley to pull the sharp object from his pocket and thrust it into her stomach with what was left of his anger. She also didn't expect the excruciating pain she felt in the area the object had hit. Tay's Bright red blood contrasted with the slightly, dirty, off-white t-shirt she was wearing. Tay's vision started to blur and her breathing became shallow. The world started to fade to black as Tay took her last breath and her body went limp in the wooden chair she had been sat on.

Lesley panicked as he watched the life leave her body. He untied her lifeless body from the chair and carried it out to his car. Lesley drove to his destination as quickly as he could without being pulled over. The last thing he needed was to be pulled over for speeding, but arrested for having a dead body in the trunk of his car. When he got the destination, it was deserted. Well, apart from the old couple making their way down to the big, old, rusted gate at the front. Lesley waited until the couple were out of sight before opening the trunk of his car and lugging the body over his shoulder. He carelessly flung it down near the back and quickly got back to his car. He took three deep breaths before turning the key and driving away. No one would look in the cemetery for a dead body now, would they?

A few days later, Zack was out running in the early morning. He took his usual route down through the park and by the cemetery. However, when he got to the cemetery, he noticed there was a hell of a lot of police officers milling around. He removed his earbuds from his ears and walked over to the scene.
"Can I help you with anything young man?" A rather cheery sounding officer spoke. If the man was this happy it couldn't be anything too bad.
"Not really..well maybe, I guess, just wondering what's going on?" The officer frowned deeply. Maybe the situation was worse than the officer had originally let on.
"I'm not really supposed to say but... the grave-keeper found a young woman's body in the back of the cemetery this morning. We're still looking into it but it's not looking cheerful I must say." Zack was shocked, but also worried. Lesley had been acting really strange lately. Surely it couldn't be what he thought?
"Well, I'm shocked this has happened in such a friendly neighborhood! Do you know who the girl is?" The officer's expression changed to one of a very serious nature.
"We do, but I'm afraid I cannot tell you." Zack's worries only multiplied when he heard this sentence leave the officers mouth.
"Well, you've caught the guy though...right?" Zack hoped they had so he could dismiss his fears but the way the officers frown deepened and the next sentence that left his mouth only deepened his fears and was definitely not something he wanted to hear.
"I'm afraid not, he, or she is still out there."