Status: Long hiatus, possible completion

Drawing Down the Moon

Isolation for Two

When lunch time finally rolled around, my eyes roamed the Great Hall for Luna and her friends. This morning she had said something about me having lunch with them, and I was definitely ready to take her up on that offer. My only problem seemed to be locating her.

I was then approached by a stubby, yet, kind looking boy. He had messy, dark, caramel-colored hair and round brown eyes.

"You look lost," he suggested, "Do you need help?"

"Uh..er- no. I was just looking for a girl named Luna...?"

"Lovegood? She sits with us. Come on, we don't want our food going cold!" he exclaimed, taking me by the wrist.

"What's your name, anyway?"

"I'm Alicia, you?"

"My name's Neville," he beamed, "Alicia...hm...That's a really pretty name."

"Thanks," I muttered, cheeks growing pink.

My eyes lit up, meeting Luna's gaze as we finally reached the table. I claimed the empty seat across from her, Neville sliding down in the space beside me.

"So your Alicia," stated a boy with jet-black messy hair, nearby, "I'm Harry and this is Ron," he gestured toward a very fair-skinned boy with freckles and flaming red hair. The both turned to Luna with mischievous grins.

Totally oblivious, Luna chimed in, "Where's Hermione?"

"She stayed after in potions, trying to perfect an assignment," Harry answered, prompting Ron to roll his eyes.

"Hermione is the know-it-all of the group," Ron explained.

"Yeah, the know-it-all you're on LOVE with," Harry sniggered as Ron punched him.

"What are you doing after school today, Alicia?" Luna interrupted, her shining eyes staring straight at mine.

"Um, I dunno. Just hanging around, I guess," I offered stupidly.

"Well," she started, grin slowly playing across her face, "Today is the first quidditch game of the season; Slytherin versus Ravenclaw. I thought you might like to go with me?"

"Yeah! That sounds super fun," I exclaimed feeling my eyes gleam.

The rest of the day went by slower than a snail crossing the street. Tossing my robes onto my bed, I yanked out my luggage and searched for the perfect outfit. I don't exactly know why, but I had this weird desire to impress her. It was probably just the pressure of still being so new. I settled on a blue, pink, and grey tribal print sweater, kept the same black yoga pants, and slipped into some black Zorrba boots.

I hurried through the corridors and skipped my way the The Three Broomsticks. My eyes bounced from table to table until I felt a light tap on my shoulder.

"There you are!" Luna beamed.

"Here I am," I repeated, scanning her carefully.

She wore a dark blue ruffled blouse over a black fitted skirt, and was sporting some awkward knee-high boots with tassels that somehow just seemed to work for her. She took me by the hand and guided me to a nearby booth. The deep red oak walls and tables complimented her light skin and fair hair with beautiful contrast.

After sucking down our foamy butter-beer, we both sifted through our pockets in search of galleons.

"No!" her face fell, " I invited you. Let me pay."

"Fine," I smiled, her face brightening a little.

We made our way to the top of the crowded stands. As the game started, all the students cheers roared throughout the field, sending players soaring in the air.

Luna grasped my hand in agony as Slytherin took the lead.

"10 points to Slytherin!" screeched the eager announcer.

The game continued, and the score was soon even; 80-80. Both seekers suddenly zoomed in similar directions as the golden snitch was released. Luna was now clutching my arm, the crowd booming with excitement.

"And the snitch is caught!" the announcer screamed, "150 points to Ravenclaw! Snitch caught by 5th year seeker, Cho Chang!"

Luna squealed with glee, our eyes locked. Her face beamed brightly, growing closer to mine. My heart pounded as her hand caressed my cheek.

I suddenly found her lips on mine, and we sank into a quiet isolation.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter two. Hope you like!