Status: comment & subscribe <3

Let The Flames Begin

Someone To Count On, Someone Who Cares

Nick’s POV

I woke up with Sophie’s head on my shoulder. As much as I loved having her there, I tried to get up without waking her up.

Once I was standing up and she was lying across the couch, I slipped my arms under her legs and picked her up bridal style. As soon as I secured her in my arms, I started to walk up the stairs.

When I reached the top, I felt her arms wrap around my neck.

I quietly pushed her door open and walked towards her bed and carefully put her down.

I covered her body with the sheets and kiss her forehead goodnight.

“Sweet dreams, Sophie.” I whispered.

I walked out her room and into the room I was staying in.

After a while of just laying there, thinking, I looked at the time, it wasn’t as late as I thought.

2:56 am

I noticed the light in the hall way was on and I wondered who was out there.

I saw it turn off and decided to try and go to sleep.

That was until I heard my door open.

I turned over on the bed to see Sophie standing there half asleep.

“Is something wrong, Sophie?” I asked.

She nodded and walked over to my bed. The closer she got, I began to see her a bit more clear.

I noticed she had tear-stained cheeks and I immediately sat up.

“Sophie, what’s wrong?” I asked a bit more worried.

“I woke up from a nightmare and I heard something in my room. And now I’m more scared because it’s paranormal hour.” She quietly explained with fear in her voice.

I patted my bead and she came and sat down, resting her head on my shoulder.

I knew she wouldn’t be able to sleep now, she had this problem when we were younger too.

Everyone has a fear, and Sophie’s was the fear of getting haunted. She strongly believes there are spirits out there who aren’t resting in peace. She tries to not stay awake around three in the morning, knowing it’s paranormal hour. I swear, she watches too many scary movies.

“Don’t worry, I’ll stay up with you.” I wrapped my arms around her small frame.

She sniffled, “Thanks Nick.”

I just nodded, and pulled her on to my lap like I used to when we were younger.

She began to calm down as I hummed random songs.

I looked at the clock and I continued to hum.

3:58 am

I looked down and saw that Sophie was once again, sleeping peacefully.

I didn’t have the energy to go leave her in her room and I didn’t want her to wake up scared again, so I just laid us both comfortably on the bed.

I wrapped my arms around her once again and she had her head on my chest.

I whispered, “Goodnight Sophie.”

I heard her mumble, but I didn’t understand what she said so I finally fell asleep.

Sophie’s POV

I woke up to the bright New York summer sun and noticed that I wasn’t in my room.

I tried to sit up, but Nick’s arms didn’t let me.

Then I remembered what happened the previous night.

I smiled softly in Nick’s direction, only a best friend like him would remember about what I feared the most.

Nick stirred in his sleep and I tried once again to try to sit up.

When that didn’t work, I decided to look at the time.

10:24 am

I thought it was a reasonable time so I shook Nick until he woke up.

He began to mumble and seeing as I didn’t understand him, I continued to bother him.

“Nick, wake up. I can’t get up because of your heavy arms and I’m so hungry.” I continued to shake him.

“Mmm, Sophie, I’m tired.” He said into the pillow.

“Ok, but at least let me go.”

I saw no movement and I heard Nick’s breathing pattern and figured he fell back asleep.

I shook Nick even harder, I needed to use the bathroom and he’s over here not letting me loose.

“Nick! I need to get out.”

He looked and squinted as soon as his face was exposed to the sun.

“What time is it?” he asked while rubbing his eyes.

“Quarter ‘til eleven.”

He nodded and dug his face into the pillow again.

“Oh no you don‘t, Nick! Let me get up!” I started to bother him.

I saw him smirk into his pillow and then heard him muffle a laugh.

“Nicholas Jerry Jonas, wipe that smirk off your face and get your lazy boy band behind up and let me go!”

I heard him laugh again, “No, I’m comfy.”

His grip on me increased. “Nick! I gotta use the ladies room and I’m freakin’ starving!”

He sighed in defeat, “Fine, but don’t ever say my arms are ‘heavy’. You’re making it sound like I have fat arms or something.”

I chuckled, “Oh, you don’t have fat arms?”

He playfully glared me, “No, this is all muscle.”

I laughed, “Whatever floats your boat across the Atlantic. Now hurry up, I smell pancakes.”

He finally sat up and let me go.

Nick stood and offered his hand to help me stand up.

I accepted and stood up as well.

“Thank you Nick, for helping me last night.” I said sincerely.

He smiled, “No need to thank me, I owe you. Being a friend is the only way I could find to make up for the past two years.”

I smiled and hugged him, something I should’ve done a few days ago.

The world comes to life
And everything's right
From beginning to end
When you have a friend
By your side
That helps you to find
The beauty you are
When you open your heart
And believe in
The gift of a friend
The gift of a friend…
♠ ♠ ♠
millions of apologies
went through major writers block
many family problems
& well back to school nerves
as well as insomnia :/
i hope this chater makes it up
im back on track &as soon as people re-subscribe &i get atleast 5 comments, i wont post the already written next chapter
once again, im srry ):
<3
song used : Gift Of A Friend by Demi Lovato